IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

yeah Stardew Valley is like a love letter to Harvest Moon. Made entirely by one guy over four years. Loads of variety, things to do, and progression/endgame. Granted I haven't touched a HM game in years so I don't know how the content compares, but Stardew just sucks you in.

i'm playing through Pikmin 3 (my first Pikmin game) which is a great experience. completely different to anything i've played before. it is surprisingly hard managing all those Pikmin and groups effectively. i've killed so many poor Pikmin. i'm sorry lil Pikmin :'

As beautiful as 3 is, PIkmin 2 is one of my all time favorites, it includes dungeon crawling giving it an RPG element, and abandons the 30 day time limit, so you can spend days farming or exploring underground for more Pikmin and supplies at your leisure. The Wii New Play Control rerelease is the superior version, offering the same Wii pointer controls as part 3. Pikmin 4 is supposedly finished or almost finished, so it should be on the Switch fairly early in its lifespan.

'cos I'm properly up to date with games I'm currently playing a 2009 hack of a 1994 game - Earthbound (Halloween hack): http://earthboundcentral.com/2009/10/earthbound-halloween-hack/

Pretty darn tough, lots of directions are shut off with uber-hard enemies leading you to find the 'correct' path (a la Dark Souls). Just got past the fake ending, and am in this dreamworld place ...

yeah Stardew Valley is like a love letter to Harvest Moon. Made entirely by one guy over four years. Loads of variety, things to do, and progression/endgame. Granted I haven't touched a HM game in years so I don't know how the content compares, but Stardew just sucks you in.

ft83jPu.png

Pokemon Sun and Moon has somehow leaked early ahead of it's 18 November release... most of the info spoils the final boss and the storyline of the game, so avoid if you do not want to be spoiled before playing.

Also, the New 3DS will be on sale for 100.00 USD via Nintendo for Black Friday (the (in)famous day after Thanksgiving Day sale here in the States).

ft83jPu.png

lol

Still sorta trudging through Hyper Light Drifter. I was really anticipating it before it came out for PS4, and it looks gorgeous, but imo it's hobbled by its decision to not explain any mechanics or story or anything with text. I thought it would be interesting to try and understand and hunt down all the story and such but it's just pretty fucking boring and more confusing than secretive or anything. Maybe I'm just not playing it enough or something, I dunno. Game is gorgeous though. Combat is meh, unfortunately. Was expecting more nuance.

Still sorta trudging through Hyper Light Drifter. I was really anticipating it before it came out for PS4, and it looks gorgeous, but imo it's hobbled by its decision to not explain any mechanics or story or anything with text. I thought it would be interesting to try and understand and hunt down all the story and such but it's just pretty fucking boring and more confusing than secretive or anything. Maybe I'm just not playing it enough or something, I dunno. Game is gorgeous though. Combat is meh, unfortunately. Was expecting more nuance.

I think its actually my game of the year. I love games that don't hold your hand. I thought the graphics + sound were amazing, and the combat was tighter than Dark Souls.

I think its actually my game of the year. I love games that don't hold your hand. I thought the graphics + sound were amazing, and the combat was tighter than Dark Souls.

I do often like games that require more from the player, that was a big reason why I was looking forward to it...I think maybe the execution wasn't done well, or just doesn't click with me maybe. Glad you enjoyed it that much, and maybe if I was really putting serious time into it I'd enjoy and understand it more. The combat is tight, and enemy AI and diversity is cool, there's just so much slash/dodge/shoot that it seems barely a step above a button masher. It's a little too Zelda for me, I guess.

Guest bitroast

yeh i played it for one gaming sesh and enjoyed it, but the deeper i was getting and the more i getting thrown into really overly difficult fighting scenarios where you had to rinse and repeat and finally brute force your way thru it ... it got kind of boring ... plus repeating style of story reveals and no text interactions made it feel like there was little reason to keep playing other than the reason of there being 'game' to do.

it's a tough one.. i found it boring also but it ms hard to pinpoint why. cos i also like a lot about it xD

Guest bitroast

also comparing to dark souls totally isn't appropiate given the rpg nature of dark souls where if something is hard you COULD brits force your way through it, but most/a lot of dark souls have an item or a trick or a gimmick that'll make the area a lot easier if you know what to do. or you could level up. or summon someone .. etc etc

hyper light drifter is very super meat boy perfect execution style in comparision ...

Just got back into gaming. Bought a PS3 five months ago and been working through the highest rated game. 70% through Uncharted 3 right now after beating the first two.

also comparing to dark souls totally isn't appropiate given the rpg nature of dark souls where if something is hard you COULD brits force your way through it, but most/a lot of dark souls have an item or a trick or a gimmick that'll make the area a lot easier if you know what to do. or you could level up. or summon someone .. etc etc

hyper light drifter is very super meat boy perfect execution style in comparision ...

I think an odd design decision of HLD is that the more upgrades you get the more overpowered you become, which unfortunately also discourages new players early on.

It is a mini dark souls in the sense that some upgrades completely trivialize certain bosses. Some pro players can rip thru the game without any upgrades obviously, much like dark souls speed runners running around naked.

Some of the challenges I had to overcome rival that of Dark Souls also. One experience I had is my game decided to save once I was through a locked one way door, only had 1 health point, right before a boss. Took me like 20 tries but holy shit did that feel good afterwards.

watched a youtube stream of the playstation 4 pro and it looks GREAT,  i mean the stream wasn't HD, but you could notice the extra details of the material of the characters clothes, neat.