IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

yep! did any iterations of these tracks makes it onto Incunabula or Amber? Incunabula came out at the end of 1993, i wonder what the exact date on this show was.

Well the sort of waspy vocal buzzing sample in part 3 here (say around 1 minute in) is at the end of kalpol intro.. aside from that I can't say. it's very similar to their incunabula work. you could practically lay a track like eggshell over top of it with a bit of time stretching.. same key, similar progression.

nice stuff, haven't heard it before!

Edited by TwiddleBot

It's refreshing to finally meet some æ fans. I've only ever met them at shows.

I think I heard in a recent interview one of them said their earlier shit was "corny." I still like it, though. Clipper? Fucking classic. I mean, technological limitations being what they were... also I'm sure they were different people. Still, call me a philistine... when I hear a sick sound in an Autechre sound I can't help but wish it would REPEAT. I'm dying for an Autechre song with a hook.

They were referring to incunabula and amber I believe. They're right about incunabula but I still think amber sounds good.

Hauntingsoul remember when you were new and optimistic about WATMM and the cynicism just beat you down?

.... You know what to do

a bit like early Black Dog material...

haha, yeeeeaahh, no.

early black dog wipes the floor with that stuff, you gotta admit. or maybe not, buttkisser.

i mean i love incunabula, but that live set is just a bit boring and lazy sounding to me.

that it does. and so does 'mbuki mvuki' (91) and all the other black dog productions stuff pre-91. :wink:

i love incunabula, mostly. i love the mood and atmosphere of it.

buy bytes, come on now... bytes cock's its leg all over it ;) troof.

same goes for Spanners > Amber.

anywhoo... !

Edited by sirch

that it does. and so does 'mbuki mvuki' (91) and all the other black dog productions stuff pre-91. :wink:

anywhoo... !

Would you please go back to the Plaid subforum now Sirch ? :P

anywhoo... !

Would you please go back to the Plaid subforum now Sirch ? :P

can you go fuck yourself now, Stocko? :P

I wasn't the one who brought up "early black dog", if you can read...

so anyway, has this leaked yet??

amber's much darker and spacier and alien. still, some great little catchy melodies on it.

and i wouldn't say incunabula was/is cheesy, though. but cheesy compared to ae post 90's, yeah probably.

I still think Amber is a little too monotonous, although it has great individual moments. Incunabula is cheesier but it's livelier. Those two early albums seem (to me) to have been more influenced by early Warp Artificial Intelligence stylistic expectations more than Ae doing Ae. Lego Feet, however unpolished and nascent, has that uniquely intuitive Ae feel to it, as do Gescom 1+2, Anti EP, Garbage EP, etc.

Incunabula and Amber are still great, but they don't quite hit on all Ae cylinders.

Edited by baph

track lengths have appeared on wikipedia. so either promos are about or someone's making shit up.

Someone 'scrobbled' the album to last.fm some time ago, it may be from there the track lengths came from since they have been on there for a while. WHether it is the real promo scrobbled or not, idk.