IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Will listen to his tonight. Watermarked promos are sent out. apparently it's 2 cds. can't wait.

The two cd thing isn't news, I think everybody on here knows about it...

My only real request of the new album is that somehow it has a bit more adventure to it.

Though Oversteps and Quaristice have some mindbending tracks I just feel as albums they are a bit boring as a whole. Sorry if that offends some of you but its how I feel, sometimes a whole AE album can drag a bit, probably why I love their eps so much because their is not much flab.

LOL @ watermark. Never proven.

Considering what most Autechre sounds like, how could you even tell what was the watermark (assuming it's an audio watermark)?

Works both ways I guess. Regardless, no one with a promo has identified any watermark AFTER the official release

i clicked on this liek four times. did you post the correct link? are you sure bout that?

Woops. Sorry, you're right.

I think it might actually be this

certainly sounds like Ae

Edited by baph

LOL @ watermark. Never proven.

Considering what most Autechre sounds like, how could you even tell what was the watermark (assuming it's an audio watermark)?

Works both ways I guess. Regardless, no one with a promo has identified any watermark AFTER the official release

They can audio mark every single of 71 promos at the same places but with a different 1 sec long beep sounds ranging from 19230 hz to 19300 hz and who could say that something is wrong?

The differences (nor the sound itself, in 99,9% of us) couldn't be heard...but if you know what and where to look at the sound could be identified by canceling it with a identical sound (dialing one by one of the 71) at the same freq and the same loudness but polarity inverted sound and it would disappear from a freq analyzer.

Although AFAIK there's no such freq analyzer that can distinguish and display differences in sound in that small ranges (within few hz at high freq spectrum) it doesn't have to be that sophisticated at all. It only has to show that nothing's happening at that freq range at certain time mark, proving that the specific sound is identified by its cancellation.

Couldn't this be possible? And what about other non-audio possibilities?

So, you who have the promo, beware and DON'T LEAK! :rhubear3:

Guest RadarJammer

i would just take a sample close to the zero crossing and nudge it barely up or down so even if someone did a null test it might not look like anything

Like these guys don't have fuckin anything better to do with their time. I'm sure they go to GREAT lengths to play Internet police. Riiiiight. We need to get over ourselves. Sometimes it's rather easy to get caught up in mythos of it all. Do we even know for sure that the promos say they are watermarked or are we just spitballing here?

it is but it would be even easier to just say it's on there and not do any work at all to implement it. It's the same concept of putting surveillance cameras on school buses with no tapes, it will scare the kids into behaving better.

So, if anyone in the possible leak business reads this (why not?), please wait 16 pages. I've put some emotional money on this thread reaching 100 pages before exai leaks. And to be honest, I'm afraid I'm on the losing side here.

A couple of fake leaks would help tremendously as well. Discussions about how obviously un-ae the leak is, will probably last for 5 pages. And next about whether big names and smaller names get a fair amount of attention/praise, that's at least 10 pages discussion. The more ego's involved, the better. ;D

Guest the anonymous forumite
So, if anyone in the possible leak business reads this (why not?), please wait 16 pages. I've put some emotional money on this thread reaching 100 pages before exai leaks. And to be honest, I'm afraid I'm on the losing side here.

A couple of fake leaks would help tremendously as well. Discussions about how obviously un-ae the leak is, will probably last for 5 pages. And next about whether big names and smaller names get a fair amount of attention/praise, that's at least 10 pages discussion. The more ego's involved, the better. ;D

Or we could have some rolling lols pages in the meantime.

lol.

it is but it would be even easier to just say it's on there and not do any work at all to implement it. It's the same concept of putting surveillance cameras on school buses with no tapes, it will scare the kids into behaving better.

people are generally aware of that possibility, it's not as absolute as actually watermarking promos.