IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

weren't there 2 people in this thread who supposedly had access to the promos, one of whom stated he was going 'to listen to this tonight' like 2 days ago? what happened to them?

sean: oi rob

rob: yea?

sean: say, those two guys with the promos where we found out they post on watmm?

sean: what can we do with their dead bodies for samples?

rob: fill them up with cutlery and throw them down the stairs? then reverse that and add reverb?

sean: lush

haha nice

weren't there 2 people in this thread who supposedly had access to the promos, one of whom stated he was going 'to listen to this tonight' like 2 days ago? what happened to them?

sean: say, those two guys with the promos where we found out they post on watmm?

rob: fill them up with cutlery and throw them down the stairs? then reverse that and add reverb?

:biggrin:

lush

yeah, it does seem kind of suspicious. 2 regular posters announce they have access to promos & then... gone without a trace.

Edited by digit

Guest pixelives

yeah, it does seem kind of suspicious. 2 regular posters announce they have access to promos & then... gone without a trace.

Well I got an update last Mon/Tues saying it was going to be more like a week or a bit more before I got it. There seemed to be some discrepancy between the UK and US offices. Only a few select media channels have gotten it. The Wire, NPR/WNYC and probably a few others.

it's still early, things are only just getting back to normal after the mayan apocalypse, xmas and new year... and it's not out for another 2 months... so it's kind of early even for promos... innit. but everybodys want to hear dat shizzle right now like they all entitled and shit.

Edited by sirch

it's still early, things are only just getting back to normal after the mayan apocalypse, xmas and new year... and it's not out for another 2 months... so it's kind of early even for promos... innit. but everybodys want to hear dat shizzle right now like they all entitled and shit.

2 months? More like six weeks (27th feb)

let's talk about pre-ordering for a second, is Bleep the best place to pre-order the vinyl from? I haven't seen it anywhere else yet. I want to also utilize the amazon gift card i got for xmas, should i wait to pre-order the cd on there (more specifically, will it even be available for pre-order there, has it happened before?)

let's talk about pre-ordering for a second, is Bleep the best place to pre-order the vinyl from? I haven't seen it anywhere else yet. I want to also utilize the amazon gift card i got for xmas, should i wait to pre-order the cd on there (more specifically, will it even be available for pre-order there, has it happened before?)

I'm gonna pre-order it from Bleep so I get the 24-bit digital vinyls for more nulls (erm, yeah not that but I'll order the vinyl for the big artwork but get the nice quality wav files as well)

Bleep are selling it for £2 cheaper, interestingly, and charged me £4.70 for postage to the UK. Boomkat would presumably charge me £6.16, and you £18.24 to the USA. Also, you might want to be sure of getting the best digital files. Bleep are clear about this – 16bit / 44.1kHz and 24bit / 44.1kHz WAV versions of the album. Plus a 320kbps LAME encoded MP3 version of the album – whereas Boomkat say **Includes digital download code redeemable from the label**.

I'm gonna pre-order it from Bleep so I get the 24-bit digital vinyls for more nulls (erm, yeah not that but I'll order the vinyl for the big artwork but get the nice quality wav files as well)

yah, this.

Err… also, Amazon are selling it for £43.99 (free p&p). :facepalm:

Oh, by the way, I got my hands on that Oscillate set, mentioned a few posts back, and added its info to MusicBrainz. Would someone mind checking it – essentially just the date and venue – for accuracy? I had no idea of track names, hence the (part {1..3}) stuff.

that the Japan release date? ...who goes by Japanese release dates? unless of course they live in Japan...

i'm obviously talking about the actual official UK release date, which is the 4th of March, according to Bleep.

so if you want to get pernickety, that's exactly 7 weeks today. which is exactly 49 days. which is 1,176 hours.

actually, yeah, 7 weeks aint that long... it's only 49 days!

Why even send out promos for an established act like Autechre? I would also prefer that this didn't leak and we all heard it for the first time at official launch.

Even if they are established they aren't the center of the music world, and promos help get the word out and early reviews and radio plays. There must be several advantages to promos since they have sent out for all previous ae albums as well as other artists. Warp did try a tape-only promo for Draft 7.30, but I'm presuming that didn't work as well as CD since they haven't done those since? Maybe some PR guy can give the full story.

I hope the full album doesn't leak until release date.

Pretty sure we will hear a couple of things on the radio soon though [loving the fact that Mary Anne Hobbes is back on the BBC, she loved autechre back in her radio 1 days so will keep an ear on her new shows]

that the Japan release date? ...who goes by Japanese release dates? unless of course they live in Japan...

i'm obviously talking about the actual official UK release date, which is the 4th of March, according to Bleep.

so if you want to get pernickety, that's exactly 7 weeks today. which is exactly 49 days. which is 1,176 hours.

its max 6 weeks mate, because im sure there'll be at least one japanese guy who will rip this for us

Why even send out promos for an established act like Autechre? I would also prefer that this didn't leak and we all heard it for the first time at official launch.

Yeah I seriously wonder how much of an impact this has on their sales. I also don't get why you can't just release the album in line with radio promotion. I get the impression that 75% of their sales will be fans who would pre order anyways.

its max 6 weeks mate, because im sure there'll be at least one japanese guy who will rip this for us

lol, ok. 6 weeks then. give or take a few days/hours. ;)

Yeah I seriously wonder how much of an impact this has on their sales. I also don't get why you can't just release the album in line with radio promotion. I get the impression that 75% of their sales will be fans who would pre order anyways.

I'm sure if they released music by themselves, they wouldn't bother with promos.

but they are signed to one of the biggest independent electronic labels in the world. and labels have a certain mentality. Warp have been forward thinking in some respects, but in this respect they're still sticking to the status quo.

imo

i want a vinyls rereleases of incoonaboola with xtra tracks on 3 vinyls of multi colours and signed by the 'chres with free sharpie pen and stickers and t shit.

I'm sure if they released music by themselves, they wouldn't bother with promos.

but they are signed to one of the biggest independent electronic labels in the world. and labels have a certain mentality. Warp have been forward thinking in some respects, but in this respect they're still sticking to the status quo.

imo

promos are for reviews, radio shows, etc. one post on a site like fact mag makes maybe 5.000 guys want the new autechre. good for the preorders. :-)

imo

promos are for reviews, radio shows, etc. one post on a site like fact mag makes maybe 5.000 guys want the new autechre. good for the preorders. :-)

I very much doubt that Autechre acquire listeners via reviews.

but I could be wrong. this is wattm