IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

susudio leak

Do you like Phil Collins? Ive been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didnt understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the groups undisputed masterpiece. Its an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why dont you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything Ive heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, dont just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

Guest pixelives

How bout a review of "bladelores" ?

braunld (Lowell N. Behold'n), Sunday, 27 January 2013 05:18 (17 hours ago) Permalink

Like the funky drummer break slowed down about 10 times until it's just this humungous unrelenting thwack echoing into a bottomless chasm. Dirty, gritty little acid squiggles weave around the beat and after a while these great plumes of almost trancey/housey chords start breaking through like the sun coming up on a sodden morning. It's actually a really beautiful piece of music in the same way that Cichli or Garbagemx36 start out quite ugly and malformed but slowly form into a cohesive something or other. Of course as soon as you think everything's going to go full on chorale bliss, Ae pull it all back under and it's back into the boggy marsh, before repeating the whole trick again except this time we're treated to an extended outro of washy church-like organ chords.

besides Sunny Real Estate (dog latin), Sunday, 27 January 2013 13:18 (9 hours ago) Permalink

(from ilxor)

that's pretty locked in

susudio leak

Do you like Phil Collins? Ive been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didnt understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the groups undisputed masterpiece. Its an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why dont you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything Ive heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, dont just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

all i can say is yes!

and Invisible Touch!!!