IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

I've heard both tracks once. My impression was that it was a more energetic oversteps with a rawer progression, kind of like druqks tracks in that they aren't as meandering/ambient. So me exaited based on that.

Edited by compson

What do people dislike about Quaristice? At this stage in their music making career, and this goes for anyone who have been going for as long as they have, if they can release an album which has some of their best tracks on it then I think that's a success. Tracks that you can't compare to other similar tracks they've made in the past and view them as inferior. I think getting hung up on the album's overall direction and sequencing is being petty.

Altibzz

The PlclCpC

IO

paralel Suns

Tankakern

rale

Fol3

Theswere

Notwo

Outh9X

are some of the best tracks Autechre have created, no?

Guest disoriental express

ok fine, what have you....

i love this reccidd!!!!

Edited by disoriental express

Listening to various autechre on spotify, 19 headaches is similar to tuinorizn.

Also Lost is really good. And it starts off by sounding like the music Streets of Rage 2 uses to tell it's little story at the beginning of the game.

Edited by Suffocate Peon

Guest pixelives

I think Quaristice was necessary in the overall progression of the band. i.e.. getting back to hardware and a generally more raw and immediate way of working. Perhaps even having fun again. Rocking hardware is fun. I'd say more pleasing than sweating over algorithms all day. "See the forest for the trees," if you will.

The new album it seem that they're comfortable with a lot of different processes all mixed together, hardware included, and informed by the live sets and the lush Oversteps stuff and maybe even transposing old ideas of max/msp patching into a more hardware based modular world.

I think people should take all these snippets with a grain of salt. Also it gets a bit silly when people are saying things like, "it sounds like 'this' to me, therefore it will all sound like 'that.'" and "I want it to sound like x from before, otherwise it will SUCK."

91.6% of the album we no hear yet like two Ae albums that have not even been in ears. ANd yet you cry like baby! Dios mio, pobre sito, aye mierde, pendejo!

do you guys really think Sean or Rob would really want tracks to be displaced from their album context so people could nitpick on them before they have the chance to experience the overall story arc of the album? I would bet that they had no say in the matter or begrudgingly allowed warp to deep dick two tracks and squander Awepitances and friends first impression.

lots of ass fingering in this thread

I have nothing against people ass-fingering, but I kind of agree with you and oscillik.

91.6% of the album we no hear yet like two Ae albums that have not even been in ears. ANd yet you cry like baby! Dios mio, pobre sito, aye mierde, pendejo!

phone is ring

"exai is leak"

"no"

I like the way the things in the tracks we've heard so far that are reverbed. It's usually something in the background that seems to groan or creak that let's off a lasting air that slowly fades until another takes its place. I also like how some sounds in the background grow. Those are the things that have reminded me of Oversteps/Move of Ten the most so far and I loved the way it was done (such as in os veix3, Cep puiqMX).

Is it okay to make posts where I don't shit on someone/something?

Edited by Xyrofen

Had to put the Oversteps thread out of its missery. Hope that's okay.

it didn't make it to 200 pages :(

*true sad feel*

Even Oversteps wouldn't be able to handle many more pages of bad jokes and quote pyramids. Sorry :<

I'm getting in touch on behalf of CloudApp. One of your drops, flep.gif (http://cl.ly/image/3G0O1o252i2u), is receiving an excessive amount of traffic.

We need you to either delete the drop or move it to another service better suited for serving content. I recommend using Amazon's S3 service. That's what CloudApp uses behind the scenes and it's fantastic.

We're thrilled that you're using CloudApp and hate having to send this email. If it were possible for us to host any file regardless of bandwidth, we'd do it in a heartbeat.

I appreciate your timely response. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help with the transition.