IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Guest disoriental express

pm me if you need anything, i have an exai promo.

what fizzkinz says. we need a track by track review!

What do you want with that? If anything a track by track review of Ae music is completely pointless since the reception of their music is something like 150 % subjective, hence completely biased.

This guy doesn't know bout Alcofribas' reviews!!!! Oh to be an Alcofribas virgin again... Look up his reviews, you will not regret.

let's theorize here for a second, assuming the watermark is trackable back to the source and is real (not a 'cameras with no tapes to prevent shoplifting ' scenario) maybe they weeded out people who leaked it last time. It's also possible the legal jargon on the warning was worded in a more intimidating fashion. Maybe the watermark deterrent worked (for now).

Not that tough a wording: This CD contains a uniquely identifiable digital watermark assigned to you. IT'S YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THE MUSIC ON THIS DISC REMAINS SECURE. If you are unable to take this responsibility, leave this seal intact and contact your label representative immediately.

Then comes a unique number for the promo (like UK 7) and that's it. Standard text.

What do you want with that? If anything a track by track review of Ae music is completely pointless since the reception of their music is something like 150 % subjective, hence completely biased.

This guy doesn't know bout Alcofribas' reviews!!!! Oh to be an Alcofribas virgin again... Look up his reviews, you will not regret.

Will do. Thanks for the advice. But why hasn't he written anything on Exai yet?

You're clearly underestimating numerological detail of Ae releases. Release dates, catalogue numbers, album titles etc, there's always some over-the-head bullshit going on. Ae fooling around or doing their Kaballah routine.

Going out on a limb here, but..

The other two unexplained numbers from the matrix (6359, 12539) are both Twin Prime numbers. The number of Twin Primes within the limit of the sum of 11 11-bit numbers (22517) comes out to 381.

Using my very ropey maths, the likelihood of both those numbers being Twin Primes is 1 in 3493.

11 is also a Twin Prime, as is the number of tracks on the album (17).

Hey, it's that guy again

n5025f396ada91_large_by_lollipophorizon-

Some of it is tongue in cheek, I get it, but this cover analysis thing is getting dangerously close to twoism-level overthinking. W/ BoC the mystery is intentional, so I get the digging to some degree, but with ae I hardly see them engaging in that kind of stuff.

Lesson for Warp:

1) Hey! Your new leak prevention thingy whatever it is works like a charm!

2) But it leads to fans engaging in paul is dead style self defenestration.

You're clearly underestimating numerological detail of Ae releases. Release dates, catalogue numbers, album titles etc, there's always some over-the-head bullshit going on. Ae fooling around or doing their Kaballah routine.

Maybe I am, but I'll need to see it to believe it. I know album numbers are often referenced in the album title, but usually its surface level stuff like draft 7.30 or untilted (hey, if its untilted its straight. that rhymes with 8!) i just haven't seen enough to say that ae are going really deep in a way that anyone on the outside could recognize or decode. quaristice means something to them, obviously, but they don't seem that interested in us knowing what it means. unless i've missed something. i'm willing to be convinced.

Ian Anderson (tDR) in this Facebook thread talks abut the hidden meaning in the Exai artwork... http://www.facebook.com/thedesignersrepublic/posts/390941424326237 I wonder what the hidden meaning of Oversteps circles is?

This is the most sound explanation. We figured it out, and tDR is all but explicitly confirming it here. The album cover art is the album release date, hence why Warp is (if they even are) putting more effort into keeping it from leaking this time. Mysteries solved, they will not release it early unless it leaks.

And the theory that it will leak in the manufacturing phase is pretty rock solid. I imagine tons of people have access to it weeks before it actually hits the shelves. I will listen to a leak, I don't see any point in artificially inflating the wait period since there are plenty of people out there who have already heard it.

Will do. Thanks for the advice. But why hasn't he written anything on Exai yet?

he's probably communing with the spirits of rob and seans grand-paps to finalize the review. in time it'll exist. here's his oversteps review: http://forum.watmm.com/topic/73052-who-has-written-the-most-cringe-worthy-or-pretentious-autechre-reviews/page-2?do=findComment&comment=1797917

The Japanese version of Exai comes out February 27th (and has a bonus track exclusively for Japan)...

I was under the impression Japanese releases often came out prior to the UK/US release dates, no?

so should we talk about the exceptional job Warp and co are doing to prevent a leak so far? I'm pretty impressed. Whatever they're doing is working so far, and if it actually lasts up until the official release date all record labels everywhere would probably like to know what the hell they did in terms of damage control.

I know I'm not the only one here who has so little self control that i will listen to a leak as soon as i get it (without waiting for the physicals) but it would be nice to not have a choice and listen to it for the first time on CD or vinyl.

Absolutely.

Due to the number of people that seem to (or claim to) have the promo, Warp do not seem to have been tight with the distribution so far. Which means that it is highly likely that something else is in place to stop the album leaking.

Whether they have simply threatened to send the Ninja assassin hit squad round, or "this promo will self destruct upon ripping" or whatever... it has worked (so far). And its great.

Hopefully some new technology / distribution method that they will roll out for all releases.

Or it's just voodoo.

Ninja enters autocray thread:

cgPRA.gif

The Japanese version of Exai comes out February 27th (and has a bonus track exclusively for Japan)...

I was under the impression Japanese releases often came out prior to the UK/US release dates, no?

Yeah, you're right I think - I seem to recall both Geogaddi and The Campfire Headphase coming out prior to the UK/ROW releases...

just put on some Pro Radii and bask in it...

I'm excited most for irlite (get 0) for some reason.... aside from bladelores for obvious reasons... for fucks sakes the whole thing is sure to be pure satisfaction.

Edited by disoriental express

Guest Retosik

Irlite (get hype)

All samples are good except jatvee c. It sounds cheesy-as-fuck-incunabula-era'y. I hope that full length track morphs into something better.