IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

This could become my favorite AE, but it feels dumb to say that so soon / or at all. No real need to rank them as they all serve different moods/atmospheres to a degree. But yeah this one right out of the gate has been immensely satisfying and overwhelming. There are moments where I can't believe what I am hearing exists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Aa0xO0EPCY

Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!

Edited by compson

Like others are saying, it's the second half that really won me over. And there's lots to pick out on repeat listens. After the last couple albums, I basically forgot that a new Ae album is supposed to be difficult to wrap your head around on the first listen, as much as I like Oversteppah, MoT. This one is a shiny new present with gadgets and bells n whistles.

Listened for the first time at work today. First impression: "that's a lot of nasty FM, and agressing HPing".

Second impression: "God damn this album is funky!"

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, as I haven't read the whole thread, but has anyone else thought that this sounds more like Gescom than Autechre?

Guest disoriental express

This one is a shiny new present with gadgets and bells n whistles.

Couldn't agree more!!! :emotawesomepm9:

RUNREPIK

WlDhvx4.gif

Listened for the first time at work today. First impression: "that's a lot of nasty FM, and agressing HPing".

Second impression: "God damn this album is funky!"

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, as I haven't read the whole thread, but has anyone else thought that this sounds more like Gescom than Autechre?

agreed with all of that. i mentioned the Gescom feel in Flep in particular. i'd have excused the existence of nodezsh and runrepik if they were on a Gescom album. ;)

Guest bitroast

it's such an evocative, visual album. psychedelic is an accurate description.

i can almost imagine it having 70's style prog art as opposed to some black and grey squares.

eg.

exai.jpg

Guest disoriental express

Mushroom exai mega listening session is coming in 19 hours!

For me.

SAME!!!! well i dunno bout 19 hours but lets see... prolly more like half an hour.... :cerious:

Edited by disoriental express

Mushroom exai mega listening session is coming in 19 hours!

For me.

SAME!!!! well i dunno bout 19 hours but lets see... prolly more like half an hour.... :cerious:

What time is it where you are? 730PM for me. I tend to mix some psychadelics with the mushrooms so I prefer to have my session around 2 in the afternoon.

Saturday fun-day!