having a serious chest related disease and being in hospital, i thought it was a good time to refresh on the Alien franchise. I had re-seen the original Alien after Prometheus and this one obviously still holds up...

I will also pretend Alien Resurrected doesn't exist until I get senile.

so Alien 3 used to be my fav after 1, it was the first one i saw when i was like 10 years old, alone and at night. it must have left an impression back then, because now, kinda trying to watch it as if for the first time, i realized how it is quite terrible. I had completely forgotten that it plays in a fucking MTV monastery and has the least convincing romance in a film, ever! It makes even Prometheus look like a reasonable film! I would now place the VHS right next to Waterworld in the shelf of not quite great movies.

Alien 2 on the other hand, while i loved it when i was 12 years old, i had later disregarded as "the stupid action flick that exploited the Alien name". But now, while Newt is still fucking annoying, i realize that she's there to counterpoint all the freaking badassness of the rest of it. This one is filled with so much techy awesomeness and attention to detail, it is astounding! amazing build up, great boss fight.

i really disliked amer. it tried too hard to achieve an artsy take on films that were against artsy films

yeah i disliked some of the cheesy/corny artsyness, nevertheless it was pretty sexy/trippy. just found out now it was a take on giallo films which i totally know nothing about so, i didn't felt tricked...

recommend me some of those films that were against artsy films please!

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

it was more the filmmakers themselves who were more about exploiting themes established in psycho and basically taking things over the top (with their own sense of morbid humor). and i think amer works best if you know nothing (or very little) about giallo itself otherwise it's basically a really bad attempt at giallo

these are some of the classics

http://youtu.be/XI2Ajn2SWFg

hey thanks, seems like this dario argent fellow is one to check out

it was more the filmmakers themselves who were more about exploiting themes established in psycho and basically taking things over the top (with their own sense of morbid humor). and i think amer works best if you know nothing (or very little) about giallo itself otherwise it's basically a really bad attempt at giallo

dude!

[youtubehd]3nHV6MAA1K8[/youtubehd]

didn' knew justice ripped this one off, damn i gotta check that italian band goblin. shame on them bastard hipsters...

will keep this dario argento fellow in mind, thanks!

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

They're great, the suspiria soundtrack is a personal favourite, but it's all good man.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Certified Copy

Kept hearing about it but put off watching it as it looks awful. eventually gave in and it's easily as good as everyone says. not sure which interpretation I believe is true but that only makes it better. Planning a rewatch.

Bernie

Not as good as people here are saying but good still. A think piece, well performed and the integration between real people and actors was handled very well.

Chasing Amy

Probably not something I should have revisited

Young Adult

Enjoyed it just as much the 2nd time around. Also I discovered that diablo cody is a woman. diablo sounds like some butch dude