Guest Mirezzi

Yeah, and it was completely boring.

"Hi, I'm a really good guy. One of the best. Look at my smile. Listen to my benevolent words. I'm pretty much the nicest guy ever. Oh, and my real name is Robin." *cue belabored gasps and awe from dumb audiences*

*credits*

"Shit, man...I fucking knew it. THAT WAS ROBIN, MAN!!! Christopher Nolan, you are the King of Cinema. FUCK MY MOUTH!"

Ted - 7/10

I went into this with high expectations because everyone I've spoken to has loved it. It was good and quite funny in parts but it's not going to be one I'm bothered about seeing again. A bit too cheesy for me maybe.

Guest Mirezzi

I think Joseph Gordon-Levitt is beyond overrated at this point. His Robin shit was the same thing in Inception. Like, why does anybody care about this actor? What's he been good in where his performance and character actually mattered? He's mostly just a semi-handsome face, and a charmless one at that.

Edited by The Overlook

You sure do love complaining about a movie that you first saw 5 months ago. I'll never understand why people keep complaining about movies that they hate, yeah its allright to give your critique when you first see it but if you hated it so much you should have forgotten about it the second after you wrote your first whiny post.

Edited by YO303

Guest Mirezzi

I just incidentally mentioned Inception in a post about JGL and you decided to write the above? Is this a crush...or is it love?

haha, there are 3 posts in this page alone complaining about the movie (i'm sure there is a lot more in this thread and in the TDKR thread).

I mean i'm like the least likely person to defend Nolan because i didn't like the previous two dark knight movies but come on we get you hate it the movie please move on its been 5 months i'm sure there are a lot of other movies that deserve your critique like Playing for keeps, go watch that.

Edited by YO303

Guest Frankie5fingers

well, i just saw the movie. so i think im entitled to a little more complaining. lol

As for the Robin thing. WTF. never were any of the robins actually named robin, or John Blake for that matter! If Nolan wanted to be clever he could have called him Richard. then at the end have that lady call him Mr. Grayson. that actually would have been clever. but no, lets just straight up call him Robin. we all knew who he was, so the ending wasnt a twist what so ever.

and what was the whole point with everyone telling him to calm down? seriously, he would barely whisper and then another cop (which was louder than him) would say "will someone get this hothead outta here!" very poor acting.

i did however think it was clever how Nolan made Cat Women's suit. how she didnt look like a cat but her goggles looked like cat ears when they were on top of her head. other than that i absolutely hated cat women. and how come Nolan used her name but not the correct robin name? pfft, whatever.

i think i got my point across. so i think im gonna stop now. lol

edit: got a good lol at Awepittance's post

Edited by Frankie5fingers

The Call of Cthulhu - Iä Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!/10

This was a silent movie made by H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society with a budget of about $50k. Considering that and amateur actors it's fucking amazing. I was afraid how they had done the ending but it worked really good. Obviously they had seen 1920s German silent horror flicks like the Cabinet of Dr. Caligari.

Some other films I've seen recently..

Ghost Dog 9/10

Shaun of the Dead 7/10

Death Proof 8/10

O Brother, Where Art Thou? 9/10

Blue Velvet 7/10

I guess I've been only watching pretty good movies recently..

Yeah, and it was completely boring.

"Hi, I'm a really good guy. One of the best. Look at my smile. Listen to my benevolent words. I'm pretty much the nicest guy ever. Oh, and my real name is Robin." *cue belabored gasps and awe from dumb audiences*

*credits*

"Shit, man...I fucking knew it. THAT WAS ROBIN, MAN!!! Christopher Nolan, you are the King of Cinema. FUCK MY MOUTH!"

irl lol

What's he been good in where his performance and character actually mattered? He's mostly just a semi-handsome face, and a charmless one at that.

mysterious skin- really depressing but well done 7/10

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

can't wait to see Amour.

as for Anti-Nolanism, I think I've gone the other way. A lot of it just seems like hating on the present for the glory of the past. I say fuck Die Hard. IT's not even that good. All the old bond movies are shit too.

It's all shit, but Inception and Dark Knight are pretty dang good when it comes to post-Transformers hyperdigital absolute fucking commercial watered down nihilistic capitalist garbage.

When I wateched Inception for the second time, I just looked at it as an entertaining heist movie where the "dream logic" is just a way for the characters to be in as many settings as possible, therefore packing fuckloads more MOVIE into the the movie. It gets a bit uppity at times, as DKR does, but was I not entertained? I'll look forward to what Nolan does after Batman. I could see him doing something pretty great with the right script and actors.

agreed!

Burn After Reading - I skipped this movie when it first came out thinking it was going to be a borefest ... i was sooooo wrong, fantastic movie, that last scene when the two CIA guys were talking about the case was brilliant and funny. 10/10

The Prestige was Nolan's best film, I think. It's a solid film that I like quite a bit as a meditation on ambition (though the twists are, as in most Nolan flicks, a bit obvious or wtf). As for the Batman movies and Inception, I think Nolan just tries a bit too hard. All of Nolan's films seem to share the same problem with narrative flow, they are quite disjointed. One thing I will say is he knows how to use music well. Without it, I think even the fanboys would realize the films aren't as good as they first thought.

Guest Frankie5fingers

i think i might agree with ya lumpenprol and i like what Candiru said too. Nolan isnt necessarily a horrible director. he just gets too ahead of himself and ends up watering down a good idea, or packing too much special effects in a narrow window of time. look at Insomnia. i cant be the only one that really liked that movie. its probably my favorite by the guy. it was very well written and its probably Robin Williams best role. he really played the bad guy well. or how about Momento, it was a really cool idea for a movie. i absolutely hated inception. and as for the Prestige, i didnt like that movie either, but it did have its moments. in all reality he's like M. Night Shyamalan. he puts out an amazing movie here and there but then puts out a bunch of crap so it skews your perception of him.

he's got the talent but sometimes loses it with something just too outrageous.

the biggest problem for the Batmans were his actor choices. somehow he managed to get some pretty good and some great actors to give some of their worst performances. which is extremely weird. and the reason i say this is cause Heath was freakin amazing in TDK. and it somehow was great enough to have you ignore the horrible acting from everyone else and made it a pretty good movie.

this however wasnt totally true for Rises. that movie was bad all around. he tried way too hard to make a big bang of a finish and just ended up making crap.

HANEKE_2012_Amour_official_poster.jpgI went to this thinking that maybe Haneke finally found some existential peace and just wanted to make a nice film about a couple of elderly folks sharing their calm and happy third age.

It's his most disturbing and depressing film. Masterfully done but leaves you a wreck.

I loved this one. It didn't depress me one bit, it made me think "bring it on, I'm ready!"

Guest Blue Peter Cheat

The Man from Earth: 8/10

I viewed this as purely sci-fi but I've since read an interesting charismatic cult leader type interpretation. It was written by someone claiming to have victim experience of such a person ( http://kumquatwriter.wordpress.com/2012/01/26/spoilerific-review-the-man-from-earth/). I still believe John's story...

The Sweeney: Danny Dyer would have improved this / 10

That's how shit it was. I like Ray Winstone but fucking hell, there's so much wrong with it it would literally take me hours to list. I'll just say that I found the whole thing abhorrent. Cockneys vs Zombies is a masterpiece in comparison.

The Prestige was Nolan's best film, I think. It's a solid film that I like quite a bit as a meditation on ambition (though the twists are, as in most Nolan flicks, a bit obvious or wtf). As for the Batman movies and Inception, I think Nolan just tries a bit too hard. All of Nolan's films seem to share the same problem with narrative flow, they are quite disjointed. One thing I will say is he knows how to use music well. Without it, I think even the fanboys would realize the films aren't as good as they first thought.

Scarlett Johansson in sexed-out magician assistant garb still haunts my balls all these years later

em, carry on....

lol. Are her boobs fake, as rumored? I really must know.

they look real from that cellphone pic that leaked a few years ago, or if they are fake they are pretty good fakes. the pic was taken lying down and usually that's when you can detect an implant via the obvious flesh sag