Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

caught life of pi in 3d before it left theaters. looked great and good story too. I felt bad for rafe spall though.

which story you believe seems to depend on your worldview. but i don't think deciding which story is true is the point.

Watched ''Don't Look Now'' on Sunday. not seen it in ages, this was the first time i've seen it in HD with decent sound. All previous versions i've watched on TV and the the video quality aint been too good. it becomes an entirely new terrifying entity in HD, you can really see Venice in great detail.

i watched the original Tron and the visuals were incredible for it's time...

also, i suck

You're not believing in yourself enough, dickwad. Jeez! Try having a little self confidence in yourself, Bieber/John Baxter.

at the end of life of Pi I think he says that story in the film is "what God preferred as well". Something to that effect. Maybe I misheard.

Guest zaphod

snow white and the huntsman

snow white was the most popular freshman in high school, but that all changes when a transfer student named ravenna comes to town. she's a senior, and totally gorgeous. ravenna has a gay african american codependent nicknamed "the mirror" who ravishes her with compliments. she has a friendzoned "brother" who hangs on her every move. and when she sets her sights on snow white's dad, watch out. but ravenna is insanely jealous of snow white. she knows in a couple years, she'll be another knocked up college grad and snow white will be the most popular girl in school. she tries to make snow white's life miserable, but snow lashes out and ends up suspended. that's when ravenna enlists the help of a former star athlete turned high school drop out named eric. she needs eric to engineer a trap for snow white, take her to homecoming and embarrass her in front of the entire school. eric agrees for a blowjob and some whippets. he tracks down snow white in a wooded area on the edge of town. she's just met some shady characters and had her first mushroom trip. eric sees snow going down the same std ridden path he took and decides to help her. they meet a group of misfits and nerds and decide to return to school to crash homecoming. ravenna tricks snow white and gives her a roofie, then eric tries to rape her. this causes snow to wake up, oblivious, and there's a dance off. snow pop locks ravenna right out of the county, regains her title as most popular girl in school, and ends up marrying eric. he promises to get his GED and an aids test while "the middle" by jimmy eat world plays into the credits.

Guest zaphod

the whole fucking school. kristen stewart would have nervously fidgeted herself into a wormhole. i should mspaint that.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

at the end of life of Pi I think he says that story in the film is "what God preferred as well". Something to that effect. Maybe I misheard.

he says something like "and so it is with god"

Snake in the eagle's shaddow - Pretty much Drunken Master/10 (which is amazing)

220px-Snakeeagleshadow.jpg

Wheels on Meals - Wacky Jackie comedies are always great/10

has one of the best back and forth fights i've seen in a Chan film

Wheels-On-Meals-002.jpg

Edited by TRiP

yep. that fight scene with benny the jet went down in history when kung fu magazine rated it the best choreographed. also, how attractive was lola forner? i really miss when they were a trio and were doing these fun-action comedies.

ETi3cvf.jpg

good choreography, set design, props, music and costumes, zero story. i guess a good idea if you can't make it to a show (or convince yourself shelling out almost 200 bucks for a live show is a good idea)

Skyfall_poster.jpg

really bad. basically, the plot from the first mission impossible film (and the charlie's angels' film) with the team from national treasure. it used to be that these other films were trying to rip off bond, now bond is ripping them off.

yep. that fight scene with benny the jet went down in history when kung fu magazine rated it the best choreographed. also, how attractive was lola forner? i really miss when they were a trio and were doing these fun-action comedies.

oh my yes - only realising now that she was also in Armor of God (and Project A, althought i cant picture her in it)

I guess Jackie's skills were too good to hide behind a 3-man operation, tis' a shame there aint more of them tho

Edited by TRiP

Guest bitroast

Evil Dead

Evil Dead 2

Army of Darkness

Sweet lols/10.

Bruce Campbell is like a Jim Carrey that stars in better movies.

I guess Jackie's skills were too good to hide behind a 3-man operation, tis' a shame there aint more of them tho

not sure coz he really worked best under the direction of summo hung. in one of the films (forget which one) they do this fantastic rehash from lurel and hardy where the girlfriend comes to dinner and bao is trying to kill jackie whilst summo comes over to warn him that bao is crazed. classic *ish

2010 the year we make contact

best sci-fi i,ve seen in a while

did you watch that on amc? i saw it on. love helen mirren as a russian <3

right now:

7yRZGrX.jpg

8.5 out of 10 stab wounds.

not sure coz he really worked best under the direction of summo hung. in one of the films (forget which one) they do this fantastic rehash from lurel and hardy where the girlfriend comes to dinner and bao is trying to kill jackie whilst summo comes over to warn him that bao is crazed. classic *ish

>2010 the year we make contact

best sci-fi i,ve seen in a while

did you watch that on amc? i saw it on. love helen mirren as a russian <3

right now:

7yRZGrX.jpg

8.5 out of 10 stab wounds.

can,t get amc round my way,had 2010 on my pc for a while,been off work ill this week so had a bit of spare time on my hands,the other russian female crew member who seeks comfort from roy schneider would get it too!

the offence - sidney lumet film, predates dog day afternoon and serpico. shot in the uk, based on stage play and is largely two-handed. sean connery in the lead. very dark nightime look & mood throughout. quite lightly nihilistic, which i guess is why is has something of firm reputation when you ask about more obscure crime films.

no trailer on youtube, but...

also saw dustin hoffman as lenny bruce. not too familiar with bruce, but i found this biopic (well, sort of) a little uneventful as the most controversial elements of his career don't dominate.

watched JFK again. Goddamn that movie is a classic...excellent editing, fantastic acting job by Tommy Lee Jones and Donald Sutherland, amazing soundtrack.

Always makes me want to legit research the assassination, but at this point theres so much info/disinfo that I wouldn't even know where to start.

<p>did you watch the directors cut?  I wish Oliver Stone did more films in that style without going overboard. Nixon is the only other one that comes close to JFK for me, then he sort of took the psychedelic cross-cutting style to 11 with U-turn and Natural Born Killers.  JFK and Nixon are such unique and powerful films, great John Williams scores on each one. Gary oldman as OSwald is perfect. Probably the best acting by Kevin Costner as well. Big missed opportunity in W, but i suppose he didn't want to repeat his old style, it just feels totally weightless in comparison. <br />

<br />

it is hard to wade through the disinfo, but a little known fact is that in the 70s a congressional investigation proved that there was more than one shooter based on audio forensics. </p>

Edited by John Ehrlichman

are you referring to the House Committee on Presidential Assassinations (HSCA) in 1976?

They didn't "prove" that were was a second shooter, but their conclusions "strongly suggested" that Oswald did not act alone. Just being technical here though, they completely tore apart the Warren Commission and pretty much said that the the most likely conclusion based on evidence available was that there was a conspiracy, and a "high probability" that there was a fourth bullet.

Out of all the shady stuff the physics of the head shot and the book depository make absolutely no sense to me, and I still have yet to see or read something in-depth disproving that line of skepticism.

apparently the files that haven't been public yet will be open on 2017...im a little excited about that to be honest.

Guest Adjective

<p>did you watch the directors cut?  I wish Oliver Stone did more films in that style without going overboard. Nixon is the only other one that comes close to JFK for me, then he sort of took the psychedelic cross-cutting style to 11 with U-turn

i love U-Turn.. it's TNT as fuck

and also hell yeah to the score...the "Conspirators" track is mind-blowingly good...and I think it reminded me of why I love another John Williams track so much:

[youtubehd]zQuH4woPDn0[/youtubehd]

this is practically a remix/remake of the JFK track in question.

When we get to the JFK stuff in my history class im going to dim the lights and play the "Conspirators" track and give a nice little conspiracy theory speech. Should at least get people interested.