IGNORED

questions you have always wanted to ask but scared to in case you would look stupid

Guest isaki

im pretty sure that a blind person can visualize shapes. just not certain details in the objects. they have hands, which they use to create the shape in their mind. thats why theyll touch someones face to get a rough approximation of what they look like. so it leads me to believe that they could then be able to dream of those shapes.

it's not an approximation of what shape it looks like, it's a different sense, you just feel, touch, you don't imagine shapes... me thinks...

bats don't see sounds, they feel sounds, and they move according to them, but they don't see a spectrogram in their head with their eyes closed, methinks lol

yes, what tauboo said...

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Frankie5fingers

im pretty sure that a blind person can visualize shapes. just not certain details in the objects. they have hands, which they use to create the shape in their mind. thats why theyll touch someones face to get a rough approximation of what they look like. so it leads me to believe that they could then be able to dream of those shapes.

it's not an approximation of what shape it looks like, it's a different sense, you just feel, touch, you don't imagine shapes... me thinks...

bats don't see sounds, they feel sounds, and they move according to them, but they don't see a spectrogram in their head with their eyes closed, methinks lol

yes, what tauboo said...

well, lets take a blind guy thats been blind his entire life. if we handed him a box and told him "this is a box. it has 6 sides" youre telling me that he wouldnt be able to create a generic cube in his mind from just feeling the box with his hands? that because he has never seen anything before that he couldnt construct that in his mind?

If anyone remembers the movie Daredevil (horrible movie by the way) a blind guy couldnt create those outlines that Daredevil did? of course not to the extreme that he did, but something similar to that.

well, lets take a blind guy thats been blind his entire life. if we handed him a box and told him "this is a box. it has 6 sides" youre telling me that he wouldnt be able to create a generic cube in his mind from just feeling the box with his hands? that because he has never seen anything before that he couldnt construct that in his mind?

i dunno, i don't think so, he'll never "picture" anything on his mind... :(

Guest Frankie5fingers

i dunno, i don't think so, he'll never "picture" anything on his mind... :(

well if thats true then im so glad that im not blind. cause daydreaming makes up the most of my day.

i was thinking about this today. like, when most people dream the main parts of the dream that sticks is imagery/symbols

if blind people only dream of sound??? would their dreams be like poetry? could they write a book with these dreams?

Guest Frankie5fingers

i was thinking about this today. like, when most people dream the main parts of the dream that sticks is imagery/symbols

if blind people only dream of sound??? would their dreams be like poetry? could they write a book with these dreams?

blind people cant write books, they cant see the words. duh :cisfor:

How do Boards of Canada make a living? Are they secretly farmers?

they make a living from their music ya idiot

I mean how do they make a living given that they don't do live shows, nor have released anything in years. Autechre, Aphex Twin make their living not through sales of their releases, not even through touring in Autechre's case, but with one-off live shows. BOC don't do these, ergo how do they make a living.

I mean how do they make a living given that they don't do live shows, nor have released anything in years. Autechre, Aphex Twin make their living not through sales of their releases, not even through touring in Autechre's case, but with one-off live shows. BOC don't do these, ergo how do they make a living.

They're both house husbands. Hence the effeminate mess that was Campfag Fuckface.

I bought a turntable recently (it's my first one)...

It's a manual turntable... I guess my question is, towards the end of a vinyl, it will just keep playing right? If I don't like, grab the tonearm right at the end of the vinyl can it damage the needle in some way?

sorry I'm noob, never listened to music from an analog source...

They're both house husbands. Hence the effeminate mess that was Campfag Fuckface.

fucking lol, that's so bad but so funny.

Guest Lucy Faringold

I bought a turntable recently (it's my first one)...

It's a manual turntable... I guess my question is, towards the end of a vinyl, it will just keep playing right? If I don't like, grab the tonearm right at the end of the vinyl can it damage the needle in some way?

sorry I'm noob, never listened to music from an analog source...

you mean your kit didn't come with a helper-monkey? They usually deal with that shit.

Little known fact: Vinyl monkeys used to be very poorly trained; often becoming distracted by their own masturbatory activities, leading to frequent record damage. Angry audiophiles would sometimes punish these poor primates, eventually leading to the phrase 'spank the monkey' becoming a popular euphemism for compulsive self-stimulation.

hope this helps.

Archived