Zephyr_Nova

Sorry if this has been talked about before in this thread but do you have any gentle, preferably white noise based albums? No harsh stuff, more like noisy ambient

check out klinikal skum, particularly his first 2 albums pulsating and miasma

i'd also recommend for you blood stereo's your snakelike king which is a remarkable exercise in ambient, field recordings and noise

• 3 weeks later...

sounds nice tbh I stopped paying attention to Merzbow after the merzbox ridiculousness. Guy just put out too much stuff, and most of it was very pisstakey for a while ( and by that i don't mean improv because some of his best stuff is improv one take), but this one sounds really great. thanks for sharing

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure why I never posted in this thread before, probably because I didn't have much to contribute. Discovered loads through this thread though :)

Anyway, I just stumbled upon one of my first noise albums I ever heard (besides Merzbow) and I still love it. Short introduction:

Starting back in 1983 and ending in 1996, Torgersen spent over 12 years in the service of providing people with homemade bass and thunder, releasing a string of critically acclaimed albums, touring Norway and abroad with groups such as Nemlig Hemlig, Masters of Møh, SUPERskill and Lord Bård. In 1996 Torgersen left the scene due to a heavy depression. He went traveling around the world, bringing along a mini-disc and video camera. He collected a huge mass of images and sounds, resulting, inter alia, in the release of «Brown Ring of Fury».

• 2 months later...

^lol, that's some ultra obscure shizzle Nebraska, love the link that leads to a blank website.

Cheers for Brown Ring of Fury Jan, decent album.

Noise I have listened to recently: dug out lots of my old Merzbow CDs (pulsedemon, merzbeat, Sphere, Space Metalizer, New Takamagahara, 24 hours A Day of Seals, Last of Analog Sessions, Cycle etc etc)

When rummaging through my old CDs I found an pretty interesting early Mego noise release

And also rediscovered Jason Crumer's Ottoman Black which is a fucking lush LP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iMs4tldCDc

Also also I made a noise track for possible split cassette release, made it out of Feldman's For Bunita Marcus

https://soundcloud.com/hello-spiral/mffmb

• 5 months later...

0Dequh2.jpg

consumer electronics - dollhouse songs

whoa! almost completely missed this but (thankfully) a friend peeped me to the release. basically, philip and sarah going ham crazy (on vocals and nipples i suppose) whilst russell keeps the knobs twiddling. philip's been doing this for more than thirty years and you have to ask yourself why. i remember him once saying "if you think heavy metal gets the best groupies, you should see ours".

stand out tracks are 'nothing natural' (basically as good as anything classic whitehouse) and 'condition of a hole'

https://soundcloud.com/consumer_electronics/nothingnatural

Edited by Nebraska

Yeah just clocked that on boomkat, fucking great stuff to fill the hole left from Whitehouse after Bennett went all polyrhythms. Does Froelich do other vocal work? As menacing as Best is, it's a nice contrast to have female vocals in noise.

Yeah just clocked that on boomkat, fucking great stuff to fill the hole left from Whitehouse after Bennett went all polyrhythms. Does Froelich do other vocal work? As menacing as Best is, it's a nice contrast to have female vocals in noise.

yes, froelich is on 'condition of a hole' and 'murder your masters'

0Dequh2.jpg

consumer electronics - dollhouse songs

whoa! almost completely missed this but (thankfully) a friend peeped me to the release. basically, philip and sarah going ham crazy (on vocals and nipples i suppose) whilst russell keeps the knobs twiddling. philip's been doing this for more than thirty years and you have to ask yourself why. i remember him once saying "if you think heavy metal gets the best groupies, you should see ours".

stand out tracks are 'nothing natural' (basically as good as anything classic whitehouse) and 'condition of a hole'

https://soundcloud.com/consumer_electronics/nothingnatural

shit, that track is excellent

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That consumer electronics track IS excellent.

I played another noise set in December, first in a while. It's sort of melodic noise this time, which delves into harsh chaos towards the end... similar concept to that CE track actually, but extended over 11 minutes (the first minute is the end of soundcheck, but I decide to just play into the set rather than start clean):

u guys think that this could kill someone? I mean hijacked headphones in the right frequencies playing this kind of stuff. .. that shit sounds scary as hell, like someone should already have tried that... *shrugs*