IGNORED

Max/MSP

Adieu

18 minutes ago, cern said:

This guy is building an Autechre System by himself.. I guess this is gonna be trendy around the kids in the future. 
For me I think is kinda lame to just trying more and more to copy their sound and what they are doing. 

Been following him onpatreon a while. He shares some cool patches. Def an ae influence but he’s doing his own thing and i’m sure eventually will get where he’s going. 

• Like 1

On 3/14/2023 at 1:40 AM, cern said:

This guy is building an Autechre System by himself.. I guess this is gonna be trendy around the kids in the future. 
For me I think is kinda lame to just trying more and more to copy their sound and what they are doing. 

nothing couldn't be played on a digitone so i wonder what's the point ... i mean, you can copy ae with much less hassle

On 3/14/2023 at 2:00 AM, ignatius said:

Been following him onpatreon a while. He shares some cool patches. Def an ae influence but he’s doing his own thing and i’m sure eventually will get where he’s going. 

yes, in the learning phase maybe it's the best to copy; the inner voice will come 

• 1 month later...
On 3/14/2023 at 12:40 AM, cern said:

https://cycling74.com/articles/collaborative-drum-kit-in-max-part-2

They've just put out this sequencer for free. Looks a lot like whatever autechre had in those clips showing their system. 

• Like 3
  • Farnsworth 1

Yes now everyone has their own Autechre system in Max/msp on the computers, is not a big deal anymore and even all for free so this trend is just over.. 

Hope AE can leave the Max/msp sound and try out new things ?

15 minutes ago, cern said:

Hope AE can leave the Max/msp sound

This isn't a thing, Max is just a system that allows the routing of audio and midi information - it doesn't have 'a sound'

• Thanks 3
  • Burger 1

Many people had the silver elektrons, mpc1000 and nord modular and non of them came close to making anything near genius as the quari live was … so, yeah.. max cant help, not even if ae would share the system in all its entirety 

Edited by xox
  • Like 6

• 2 months later...
On 5/18/2023 at 2:16 AM, misc said:

https://cycling74.com/articles/collaborative-drum-kit-in-max-part-2

They've just put out this sequencer for free. Looks a lot like whatever autechre had in those clips showing their system. 

sean just posted on mastodon that he added 'weights' to their sequencer. so, i assume this means it's like probability of things happening or putting 'weight' on each event. but what do i know.. 

EKXOc3h.png

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

i thought i'd posted one of this artist's live stream vids in here but maybe it was in the ambient or now playing threads? could maybe go in the etheric ambient glitch thread too...anyway, this one is cool too.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

to whom it may concern.. paris area

Required skills

• A good level of modular programming such as Usine or Max MSP

https://brainmodular.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7175&p=44965&hilit=BeSpline#p44965

BeSpline - BrainModular

Being a division of Adamson Systems Engineering Inc., BeSpline - BrainModular develops innovative solutions such as the FletcherMachine, spatial and immersive sound solution, as well as Usine Hollyhock, that is a prime solution for audio, video and light treatment.
Based in the Paris area, BeSpline - BrainModular is a small company that gets its strength as much from the talent and skills of its members as team collaboration and work.
BeSpline - BrainModular is willing to expand its team and is recruiting a developer for an undefined term, full-time job.

Job description

• Being part of the conception and development of current and upcoming projects
    Deploy the solutions through the Adamson ecosystem and in the cultural / entertainment industry fields as well as participating to demos and presentations
    The position to be filled is full-time, in the Paris area. A minimum of three-fifths of face-to-face time is required

Required skills

• A good level of modular programming such as Usine or Max MSP
    Good pro audio and sound reinforcement knowledge
    Being experienced in the live industry will be an asset
    A strong appetite for spatial and immersive sound
    Autonomy and rigor are appreciated as much as motivation and good team spirit
    Being proactive is an asset

Salary

According to background and experience

How to apply

Please submit a cover letter and comprehensive CV outlining your level of experience / expertise to contact@bespline.com

• Like 1

Hi everyone. I posted some videos of some Max/MSP and Supercollider patches that I used on my last album. Theres more videos in the playlist, only embedding a couple-

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, exitonly said:

Hi everyone. I posted some videos of some Max/MSP and Supercollider patches that I used on my last album. Theres more videos in the playlist, only embedding a couple-

Awesome!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...