IGNORED

Various Artists - EDM A2

Guest cult fiction

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got mine and I am now at track 7 and it is one of the best Rephlex releases in a while. I would be very suprised if AFX wasn't involved in this one, but I don't really want to know, listen to it like it is a new Tuss album and it is. Listen to it like another Jodey Kendrick album and it is. Make of it what you will, they won't tell you anyway.

The album design is also totally according Rephlex' standards...:

"We also place alot of emphasis on graphics - label and sleeve layouts are often sub-standard and there is absolutely no excuse for this, especially when shops charge so much for records today."

:emb:

Guest Retrig

it is one of the best Rephlex releases in a while

This. Easily. It was on non-stop repeat for me until my Ultrademon 12" came in the post, and now it's pretty much the Monolith remix on the A side on eternal repeat. Photodementia is some nice Monolith lushness as well.

Rephlex is absolutely killing it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just listening to it as if it's a new Aphex album. I mean, Coronot has RDJ practically farting all over the track. I'm sure I can smell it. He just eats way too much chili to not being noticed, if you catch my smell.

Anyways, AWESOME ALBUM!

2013 is a great year for them IDMz.

my favorite tracks on the record are the ones that don't sound like Aphex

I think I agree. The quasi-Drexciya (??) tracks near the beginning are fucking great.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest W32MyDoom

"High up in an isolated valley in the Himalayas a group of Anglican nuns reside in a former 'House of Women'. The Palace of Mopu, near Darjling, is the setting for emotional tensions, sexual repression and psychological drama.

A themed 6 track mini LP from a clandestine and sometime Rephlex UK producer/artist."

Guest Retrig

I hope this CD will be rip-able

Out of curiosity, why do you ask? Have ripped all my JK without issue.

(Genuine question, I don't know if there's some funky way of copy protecting being used now)

Edit: Disregard. I saw your posts in the Photodementia thread.

I hope this CD will be rip-able

Out of curiosity, why do you ask? Have ripped all my JK without issue.

(Genuine question, I don't know if there's some funky way of copy protecting being used now)

Edit: Disregard. I saw your posts in the Photodementia thread.

Had the same problem with the steel erector album from last year. Seems to be a problem with some of the recent Rephlex stuff :<

Guest cult fiction

Seems pretty random which ones work/don't work. I doubt it's DRM or the behavior would be more consistent.

One of the +10 CDs worked everywhere, the other would only play in my car. Steel Erector disc 1 wouldn't work anywhere, even my computer, disc 2 won't play in my car.

Archived