IGNORED

Various Artists - EDM A2

Guest cult fiction

Seems pretty random which ones work/don't work. I doubt it's DRM or the behavior would be more consistent.

One of the +10 CDs worked everywhere, the other would only play in my car. Steel Erector disc 1 wouldn't work anywhere, even my computer, disc 2 won't play in my car.

Not sure I understand your post, but if only one of the +10 cds worked everywhere, you can't say it's random. Rephlex cds tend to be problematic. And based on your own numbers, it sounds like a structural problem. The only random aspect is you can never know where discs will or will not work. But that speaks volumes about there actually being a structural problem, if you ask me. Are they paying kids in bangladesh to carve every single bit into cds?

Edit

Nvrmnd its just the jk +10 album, instead a rough 10 recent rephlex albums.

But in my case the last albums on rephlex- or affiliated- tend to be problematic, so in that aspect i still expect some kids in bangladesh carving out bits in cds.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cult fiction

Yes, by random, I meant that it seems random whether the disc you get in the mail from a Rephlex imprint will be fully functional, only work in certain CD player types, or not work at all.

Guest Spunk Monkey

What the heeeelll happened to english electric though
I cry tears :'(

Will be sorted in the future :biggrin:

X

Seems pretty random which ones work/don't work. I doubt it's DRM or the behavior would be more consistent.

One of the +10 CDs worked everywhere, the other would only play in my car. Steel Erector disc 1 wouldn't work anywhere, even my computer, disc 2 won't play in my car.

steel erector disc 1 could only rip all but one track after SEVERAL tries in computers, mac or win. IRRITATING.

Guest Retrig

Open invite, I'm really drunk, but if JodeySpunkTheMotherFuckingMasterAndCrew, Rephlex, Grant, and I suppose Joyrex don't mind, for those that legitimately own the album, Porpoise Molest me, and I'll shoot you .wav / 320 mp3s of whichever songs are goofy for you. I have all of the latest, legitimately. Photodementia will be here tomorrow, me thinks.

Edit, and I paraphrase: Support your fucking favorite artists by buying an original, fucking authentic copy. If you're too fucking poor, cheers, enjoy you music, but let's all put a little more bread on the table if we can.

PS: You all hold your breath for the next RDJ album, while you let obvious brilliance pass you by, or base your judgments on some fucked up baseline.

Braindance is here.

Edit 2: Joyrex, we need a Rephlex forum, even at the expense of other bullshit forums. Thanks!

Guest Spunk Monkey

Open invite, I'm really drunk, but if JodeySpunkTheMotherFuckingMasterAndCrew, Rephlex, Grant, and I suppose Joyrex don't mind, for those that legitimately own the album, Porpoise Molest me, and I'll shoot you .wav / 320 mp3s of whichever songs are goofy for you. I have all of the latest, legitimately. Photodementia will be here tomorrow, me thinks.

Edit, and I paraphrase: Support your fucking favorite artists by buying an original, fucking authentic copy. If you're too fucking poor, cheers, enjoy you music, but let's all put a little more bread on the table if we can.

PS: You all hold your breath for the next RDJ album, while you let obvious brilliance pass you by, or base your judgments on some fucked up baseline.

Braindance is here.

Edit 2: Joyrex, we need a Rephlex forum, even at the expense of other bullshit forums. Thanks!

JodeySpunkTheMotherFuckingMasterAndCrew, He he, Thats gonna be my new pet name for him :emotawesomepm9:

Guest Retrig

A friend summed it up to me by saying "It's like 93-96 again, huh!?". It sure is. Exciting times!

• 1 month later...

this is my first listen to any of this EDM compilation business.

Some of these are undoubtedly afx?

Beyond any shadow of a doubt. Strangely enough its the ones labelled as Jodey Kendrick that sound like afx, such as Coronet.

But that's something these rephlex mindfuckers would do now isn't it?

I'm getting the impression I should get my arse into gear and buy this/these. Been snoozing...

Are they really that good?

I've only heard a few songs...

but is this really jodey Kendrick??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSolhZMmdSM

I swear, if that Coronet track had been released under the Aphex (or AFX) name and labelled as a Drukqs out-take, people wouldn't question it. The structure of the track is maybe a bit too simple to be 100% AFX, but the sounds are spot on.

Whatever. Doesn't matter who made it. Great album.

I'm getting the impression I should get my arse into gear and buy this/these. Been snoozing...

Are they really that good?

I've only heard a few songs...

but is this really jodey Kendrick??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSolhZMmdSM

I'm playing that through my laptop speaker, in the garden, under the Heathrow flight path lol, and that sounds (what I can hear) pretty sick. It does have that intense vibe only The Master can conjour....n

I'll buy it friday

• 4 weeks later...

I swear, if that Coronet track had been released under the Aphex (or AFX) name and labelled as a Drukqs out-take, people wouldn't question it.

don't agree with this at all, but it doesn't mean it's not a good track.

Archived