IGNORED

EOD - Volume 1

eh Speedy

I believe that Ultrademon - Step Into Liquid 12" on Fire 4 Effect is somehow Rephlex associated as well. Boomkat eludes to it, Grant was hawking it and it's got the Monolith remix. Fire 4 Effect may be a Rephlex sublabel or something like that.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That ultrademon release... No digital...if that isn't screaming 'Rephlex affiliated' I don't what is.

But I shouldn't be bashing Rephlex for putting these albums out in the way they do. At least they do something.

Back to EOD though.

Staz, silly question perhaps, what do you think about the artwork? Did you have full creative freedom and control? Or was it more of a surprise? It's...ehm extremely yellow and looks a bit dodgy, imo. But that seems to be the general idea behind most rephlex artwork. That steel erector thing.... Eeeew

Edit: see how i end up bashing rephlex anyways.... My god, my frustrations might be huge

that's the best post you've made this year

Rephlex seems to be on a new course, which is to release stuff with no Rephlex name on it. Am i mistaken or didn't they also do this with the EDM compilation that's basically just Jodey Kendrick?

I too what like to know what the hell is going on. Maybe its the same philosophy behind Steinvord and the Tuss? Just remove any well known association with a big name to see if it has the same effect on people. Removing the hero worship and replacing it with just good music? who the fuck knows

Either this or RDJ wasn't joking about his wife stealing his money and is trying to find ways around it.

Rephlex seems to be on a new course, which is to release stuff with no Rephlex name on it. Am i mistaken or didn't they also do this with the EDM compilation that's basically just Jodey Kendrick?

I too what like to know what the hell is going on. Maybe its the same philosophy behind Steinvord and the Tuss? Just remove any well known association with a big name to see if it has the same effect on people. Removing the hero worship and replacing it with just good music? who the fuck knows

Either this or RDJ wasn't joking about his wife stealing his money and is trying to find ways around it.

haha good observation, would not be surprised if this were the case. It's an interesting development, to have most of the new releases SANS the rephlex label/imprint with even a different Cat#. The question is however, if they are using the normal distributors, i suppose they've figured a way to still get those operations to buy stock regardless of the imprint or not.

Out of curiosity, and maybe I missed it, but is the only reason we're speculating that both this and JKs albums are secret Rephlex albums because of Grant's posts? I saw the same posts, and there was nothing to lead me to believe that he wasn't just posting pics of good music he got in the mail :shrug:

Out of curiosity, and maybe I missed it, but is the only reason we're speculating that both this and JKs albums are secret Rephlex albums because of Grant's posts? I saw the same posts, and there was nothing to lead me to believe that he wasn't just posting pics of good music he got in the mail :shrug:

Only he recieved them before they were shipped, got testpressings and they are both by artists that are signed to Rephlex and he normally never posts anything else than Rephlex updates? How coincidental is it that two Rephlex artists get two new releases on two totally new mysterious labels? The same with Photodementia. Also shops like clone.nl have it labeled als Rephlex.

Anyway, I think it's fucking annoying what they are doing and it adds nothing to the mystery and it just leads attention away from the music itself, so mission failed in my book. If it is the reason above, with Richard's ex-wife etc., I could understand but we'll never find out I guess. I'm still buying EOD though, the previews sound amazing.

Because it is. They do modified CAT numbers all the time (EOD 219). It's right in bloody line w/ the numbering for fuck sake. Dave Monolith - Welcome was CAT 216. Why are people even questioning this? So it doesn't have the logo, so they've gone a step further in to minimal, so what. EOD - Volume 1 is on Rephlex. End of story.

Can we get back to Seapunk, Jesus!

Because it is. They do modified CAT numbers all the time (EOD 219). It's right in bloody line w/ the numbering for fuck sake. Dave Monolith - Welcome was CAT 216. Why are people even questioning this? So it doesn't have the logo, so they've gone a step further in to minimal, so what. EOD - Volume 1 is on Rephlex. End of story.

Can we get back to Seapunk, Jesus!

Thanks for clarifying. I honestly hadn't looked into it. I'll fuck right back off. :beer:

Guest jasondonervan

Record and CD collected from the post depot this morning, both are now sat outside in my car at the office. Ah well, Exai will tide me over 'til later.

Got mine yesterday, and it's sweet. A bit too sweet for my current mood maybe. :smile:

If I had to compare it to anything I'd say it sounds a bit like DMX Krew's synthpoppy stuff, but with a different twist. Heard great moments on first listen, but couldn't tell you what tracks right now, I'll have another listen later today.

Archived