IGNORED

Most Expensive Starbucks Drink Order Ever - 47.30USD

Joyrex

Is it surprising to people that ordering something with 48 individual shots of espresso would cost around 48 dollars? It's not like this is on-menu or something people actually order to drink. Why is this interesting or funny? The S'bucks employees seemed to be going along with the request with good humor, which is pretty much the only takeaway I get here.

Is it surprising to people that ordering something with 48 individual shots of espresso would cost around 48 dollars? It's not like this is on-menu or something people actually order to drink. Why is this interesting or funny? The S'bucks employees seemed to be going along with the request with good humor, which is pretty much the only takeaway I get here.

Yeah good point, most of that cost is coming from the insane amount of espresso shots ordered to make it.

Guest Aserinsky

"FRIENDLY HYPER CHRISTIAN FELLOW" :cerious:

What is the achievement here? This does nothing but tell me that Starbucks can't make a decent normal coffee, instead relying in the power of their brand to justify their crap. I don't want some watered down, overpriced shit made from some crappy beans they ripped off from anyone that actually grows coffee beans laced with syrups and protein powder. I want proper freshly brewed, reliably sourced coffee damn it!

What is the achievement here? This does nothing but tell me that Starbucks can't make a decent normal coffee, instead relying in the power of their brand to justify their crap. I don't want some watered down, overpriced shit made from some crappy beans they ripped off from anyone that actually grows coffee beans laced with syrups and protein powder. I want proper freshly brewed, reliably sourced coffee damn it!

My experience has been that Starbucks coffee is anything but watered down (which is why they are selling what they call 'blond' roast now, in fact). I think their coffee is good -- really dark and dirty; they just brew it waaay too strong. When I make it at home, I think it tastes awesome.

Guest Aserinsky

My experience has been that Starbucks coffee is anything but watered down (which is why they are selling what they call 'blond' roast now, in fact). I think their coffee is good -- really dark and dirty; they just brew it waaay too strong. When I make it at home, I think it tastes awesome.

Interesting! All my experiences over here has been that the coffee is extremely weak and tasteless, usually to get people to buy additional things to add to it (the syrups and what have you). Maybe the UK chain is just bad at coffee and is in no way comparable to its US counterpart!

Archived