IGNORED

Sony Expected To Unveil The Next Playstation Tomorrow

Joyrex

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People still care about Final Fantasy?

I think they may be able to revive it if they do it right.

Japanese games are done... unless they change form.

You're pretty much right, except for Ni no Kuni. That game was awesome.

Guest Coalbucket PI

What's actually going to make games better? Touch screens? Fuck off. First games went 3D, then they made games that go on the internet, what's this one going to do? Try and make money by making their own stuff obselete really

im so sick of gimmicks like touch screens and motion control and 3d and blaaahhh.

oculus rift looks promising though, if that could be considered gimmicky, but i couldn't care less whether my controller has a tiny little touch screen on it or not.

AAA (or is it AAAA now?) gaming will go through a big crash and burn, mark my words. Production costs are just too high. Even with outsourcing.

Will probably be left with only a few of the large publishers standing. I think THQs downfall was just the beginning.

AAA (or is it AAAA now?) gaming will go through a big crash and burn, mark my words. Production costs are just too high. Even with outsourcing.

Will probably be left with only a few of the large publishers standing. I think THQs downfall was just the beginning.

hasn't that basically already happened? i feel like mainstream "aaa" gaming somehow has less variety/creativity than mainstream hollywood films. might be an apples and oranges statement, but i'm just really sick of the gaming industry as it stands right now.

I'm still content with the PS3, unless they come out with some ridiculously awesome looking titles I'll just stick to playing games I haven't gotten to yet in this current gen. Even then, I'm not getting one til it's cheaper (because I'm poor atm). Also there are quite a few quality titles still on schedule to release on the PS3.

wooooooord

i've heard a rumor that the new games will cost twice as much as they're cranking up the resolution to full hd.

PC has already been doing this and the prices have been the same.

Yeah but these extra pixels sure are expensive to make!

@topic: Fingers crossed for Tennis For Two HD

I'm really hoping there won't be a screen on the controller, or any other bright blinking lights, I do all my gaming in my dark as fuck cinema room in my attic, and that would just fuck everything up.

Wasn't uDraw part of THQ's downfall? They had to fire a bunch of people because of it and shifted focus to Darksiders 2, which didn't sell as well as they were hoping for, and Saint's Row 4 which originally was new DLC for Saint's Row the Third.

And as far Atari's bankruptcy... what have they put out lately that anybody (anyone from age 0 - 100) bothered playing.

I'm really hoping there won't be a screen on the controller

Why would you even think that? It's most likely the same kind of touchpad as on the back on the Vita.

But I did read something yesterday about how you will be able to control the PS4 with your phone or tablet, so they might intergrate that into some games - kinda like how the WiiU integrates their second screen into their games so you can control your inventory etc. I'm hoping the next Xbox will have that feature... as a matter of fact, I'm certain it will given how they were testing out their SmartGlass feature.

Because I am only able to watch one screen at a time anyhow, so between looking down to a second screen or pressing a button to bring up a map/inventory, the latter seems less distracting than having the glare from the a second screen in my hands during my entire play session. To me it would be like watching a film in a cinema while the douche in the next seat keeps fiddling with his mobile phone throughout.

lol, seems I am unable to distinguish between touchscreen and touchpad. It all makes sense now.

What's actually going to make games better? Touch screens? Fuck off. First games went 3D, then they made games that go on the internet, what's this one going to do? Try and make money by making their own stuff obselete really

I think eventually we're going to see a major shift in games, mostly inspired by indie efforts, and a lot of these innovations will finally be put to good use by people wanting to make a game around the feature, rather than shoehorn it into a traditional game concept.

I think they are starting to turn things around... the new MGS:Rising is getting pretty sterling reviews... I played the demo - pretty fun, and nice to see a 60fps game again. Not too many of those around these days.

Movie production costs keep going up - what keeps those from crashing? Don't tell me it's cheaper to go to the movies than buy a game; I can easily spend more than what it costs to buy a full retail game going to see one film.

I agree with you though - I think there will be a big return to 'simple' games, similar to the ever-growing indie movement that has made smartphone gaming lucrative.

I think they are starting to turn things around... the new MGS:Rising is getting pretty sterling reviews... I played the demo - pretty fun, and nice to see a 60fps game again. Not too many of those around these days.

Well, that's Platinum Games for you... they seem to have a better grab around today's games than any other Japanese game developer. Look at Capcom and the shitcake called Resident Evil 6 they served up a couple of months ago. Japan really needs to wake up from their anime-take on video games and get with the times.

I wish there were more Japanese indie games like Echochrome, though, because that was a really clever game.

Also...

tumblr_mi2gs0vw5O1qmbtgao1_500.gif

Guest Aserinsky

Will be interesting to see what they'll present here. Maybe it's just me but I'm still not expecting to be convinced on justifying buying a whole new console; even if every game available for it has the capability to produce 1080p with 60 FPS I still don't feel the need to go out and buy another console just for that. They'll really have to pull of something spectacular to impress me, admittedly though I am a bitter cynic. Seeing a more open platform or allowing a means for homebrew development would certainly get me excited, but lol at the thought of that happening.

Also anyone able to recommend a site that will give good coverage? I know many sites will be streaming but right now the only site I know that will be streaming is IGN, which I'm not going anywhere near.

Archived