IGNORED

/ 6 9 9 7 4 2 / 6 2 8 3 1 5 / 7 1 7 2 2 8 / 9 3 6 5 5 7 / 8 1 3 3 8 6 / 5 1 9 2 2 5 /

Guest bigloob

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Dogboy73

Need the next installment soon, overwise I fear cold turkey will begin to set in. Surely by the end of the day something will happen....

Monday

So this isn't an ARG at all after all, right? Fan participation has been completely useless after the records where found. It's just Warp slowly feeding us the clues rather than fans finding them. We just have to wait, which is what BoC is all about

So this isn't an ARG at all after all, right? Fan participation has been completely useless after the records where found. It's just Warp slowly feeding us the clues rather than fans finding them. We just have to wait, which is what BoC is all about

also known as torture

I was guessing the "clues" were just a back-up-strategy in case a record gets lost or the buyer doesn't publish the code or something ... explains why some of the codes showed up double. Obviously these videos were prepared before RSD, too.

But then it feels kinda early to release the clues, it's only been a week ... maybe BoC only wanted the records to be found all offline oldschool like, but warp keeps pushing the back-up-strategies out of fear that further delays and unpredictability would compromise their inner company money making strategies.

Just put this one together, loving the 70s vibezzz

tumblr_mlypx8nMVI1rhhptbo1_250.gif

Yeah, but I gotta say, some of them fake videos that showed up we actually more well made than this.

You can tell the footage hasn't actually been transferred to Super 8 and back, it's just a simply overlay using the multiply blend mode ... some of the unofficial ones actually did proper VHS-Transfers.... just sayin' :whistling:

I'm loving the cold war, nuclear holocaust vibe. I was really excited by the New Clear Dawn rumors when they came out. It has a nice feeling of imminent but hidden danger.

It's slow alright at the moment, America is sleeping!

Also, I do like the nuclear theme (and for some reason, Geogaddi has always reminded me of Chernobyl and Pripyat), but it brings back bad memories ... I don't mean that the plant blew up, I mean that whack-ass Lustmord/Biosphere "Trinity"-performance me and my girl attented in Amsterdam this February. It had a similar theme, but it was a lousy noise-set.

You'd expect something amazing from Lustmord AND Biosphere, right ... well, no.

Guest Gravity

Was checking out the discography at their site for the first time in forever and when I switch to the black box it turns off any flash-based audio playing in a different tab. Get off my PC, boc.

Anyway maybe it's all going to lead up to something with that box, like you type in the code and it takes you to a site for the album announcement.

/bored

http://www.reddit.com/r/boardsofcanada/comments/1d9j38/we_believe_weve_found_the_last_code/

The guys over at the IRC chat think they have found the last one.

Not too fond of their reasoning behind the reversed number.

Not unless there's also a hint which the place of the numbers explicit. In other words, there needs to be a XXXX/------/...etc. As far as I can tell, there hasn't been one.

And I do think there needs to be a XXXXX/... even if it's only the final. It's about legitimacy and confirmation that it's a final piece of the puzzle. Within a context where everyone can look for hints in all kinds of places (hex code...), you need to have a clear hint where people can confirm their theory is right. The XXX's have been one of the essential pieces of the puzzle.

They're right though that the additional audio and video being in reverse. So it wasn't a bad guess. But I don't hear a new set of numbers.

So why would BOC broadcast this same number three times? And why go through the trouble of setting up the installation if they were going to air the adult swim video?

I'm not sure about the reversal thing because it would clearly break the established pattern they've been using up until now.

It's still interesting but I suspect that the true final sequence is yet to come.

And then what?

It's only going to get even more crazy from then on, I reckon.

http://www.reddit.com/r/boardsofcanada/comments/1d9j38/we_believe_weve_found_the_last_code/

The guys over at the IRC chat think they have found the last one.

Not too fond of their reasoning behind the reversed number.

Not unless there's also a hint which the place of the numbers explicit. In other words, there needs to be a XXXX/------/...etc. As far as I can tell, there hasn't been one.

And I do think there needs to be a XXXXX/... even if it's only the final. It's about legitimacy and confirmation that it's a final piece of the puzzle. Within a context where everyone can look for hints in all kinds of places (hex code...), you need to have a clear hint where people can confirm their theory is right. The XXX's have been one of the essential pieces of the puzzle.

Aye, I agree, just sharing the info.

They're right though that the additional audio and video being in reverse. So it wasn't a bad guess. But I don't hear a new set of numbers.

So why would BOC broadcast this same number three times? And why go through the trouble of setting up the installation if they were going to air the adult swim video?

Maybe that first number works as some sort of key too?

Anyone wonder if that old gas station is where BOC are hiding Archrival? They've kept him locked up ever since he cracked the Red Moon code.

Anyone wonder if that old gas station is where BOC are hiding Archrival? They've kept him locked up ever since he cracked the Red Moon code.

Lol.

About the video itself ... it's lovely as others have said. The narrative of the video seems to be that of a "post event" kind of world, such as after a nuclear blast or reactor meltdown.

Also, while I also think the reverse audio theory for the sixth code is wrong, it is true that the first 20 seconds or so of video and audio are in reverse. the audio is definitely in reverse. and you can tell the car is moving in reverse when the dust moves toward the camera along the dirt road.

The sunlight through the canyon shot seems out of place. It looks like it may be footage taken from another source and dropped in for some reason.

Archived