IGNORED

/ 6 9 9 7 4 2 / 6 2 8 3 1 5 / 7 1 7 2 2 8 / 9 3 6 5 5 7 / 8 1 3 3 8 6 / 5 1 9 2 2 5 /

Guest bigloob

Yes, this is new? It was cramps, and it must be a part of pregnancy. Pants are all wrong, and the 40-year-old geek Rachel Riley was wrong to send the same person. I know that you can see the video, you want to get rid of the Secretary of Defense. 29-year model, it is easier to read.

translat'd

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, this is new? It was cramps, and it must be a part of pregnancy. Pants are all wrong, and the 40-year-old geek Rachel Riley was wrong to send the same person. I know that you can see the video, you want to get rid of the Secretary of Defense. 29-year model, it is easier to read.

translat'd

lol

Yes, this is new? A nurse for more than 40 years ago, Rachel Alucard is on the same level as the otaku trousers can be combined. The cable is 29 years old. You can read them more easily.

Guest Richy

what was your point?

That I couldn't believe people would actually go out there in the false hope of believing there would be a "clue". I'm just a jaded cynic who's surprised that people actually still buy into this stuff. It's fairly obvious that boc/warp are exploiting the fanboy nature of people to generate hype and it kind of devalues the whole process for me personally, that they rely on the "mystical" thing when boc aren't really that mystical at all anymore! Some of the lengths people are going to are very cringy tbh (the psuedo code breaking/looking for clues where there arent any)

Sort of reminds me of that "iamwhoiam" thing that people were going nuts over which eventually turned out to be kind of shit! It's going to be a major let down when whatever they release doesn't live up to all this hype (which seems inevitable) hope I'm wrong though!

It's easier to sit back and sneer a bit rather than get my hopes up too much.

Guest Richy

I think it would have been much more interesting/exciting if they had just done the rough trade thing totally out of the blue and then immediately announced or released something.

I think it would have been much more interesting/exciting if they had just done the rough trade thing totally out of the blue and then immediately announced or released something.

Yeah, when the first pictures of the XXXXXX/------/, etc. thing showing up on the wall were coming out, I thought it was the end :/

what was your point?

That I couldn't believe people would actually go out there in the false hope of believing there would be a "clue". I'm just a jaded cynic who's surprised that people actually still buy into this stuff. It's fairly obvious that boc/warp are exploiting the fanboy nature of people to generate hype and it kind of devalues the whole process for me personally, that they rely on the "mystical" thing when boc aren't really that mystical at all anymore! Some of the lengths people are going to are very cringy tbh (the psuedo code breaking/looking for clues where there arent any)

Sort of reminds me of that "iamwhoiam" thing that people were going nuts over which eventually turned out to be kind of shit! It's going to be a major let down when whatever they release doesn't live up to all this hype (which seems inevitable) hope I'm wrong though!

It's easier to sit back and sneer a bit rather than get my hopes up too much.

aye that was kind of my point.

is there any such thing as "false hope"? isn't knowing there's no point trying, called despair??

Is it really difficult to accept that other people can get excited over a new release without having to hear it? Richy sounds like he's got PTSD from being traumatically disappointed by music he thought was going to be good. His reaction is probably the 'cringiest' I've seen. On WATMM at least.

Guest Richy

Is it really difficult to accept that other people can get excited over a new release without having to hear it? Richy sounds like he's got PTSD from being traumatically disappointed by music he thought was going to be good. His reaction is probably the 'cringiest' I've seen. On WATMM at least.

Music is fairly important to me I guess. Hardly traumatised though, I just resent investing time and money on things which have been hyped up more than they're worth.

Music is fairly important to me I guess. Hardly traumatised though, I just resent investing time and money on things which have been hyped up more than they're worth.

But...you haven't heard it yet.

Guest Papillon

I was sort of hoping that we would have a release date or details about whatever it is that BOC are preparing for before this thread got to page 100, but it doesn't seem likely. This experience this past week has been very cool though. It seems to me like the kind of thing BOC would like, fans coming together to discuss and share their thoughts and about a new release, have a few laughs and talk about the music. Man this reminds me of the conversation I used to have with my buds when one of us picked up a new Rephlex release or something else cool just before we dropped it on the turntable.

There's still no confirmation of whether last night's "broadcast" was the same as the NPR broadcast, right? What we've had is a broadcast with no position (NPR) and a position without a clear broadcast (Shoreditch installation). That would seem to support the conclusion that the two are meant to be interpreted together.

While Ravedamage swears that it was a five digit number, that seems unlikely as the image projected on the storefront had 6 X's in the first position. The fact that it was so distorted and difficult to discern seems to me like it is deliberate. They could have put outdoor speakers outside to make it easier to hear and obviously didn't. I don't think we were meant to hear it clearly.

it's funny that the two guys who are complaining sound more like ladies with handbags than the rest of us who are excited.

I really don't understand people who are starting to get impatient and even insulting to BoC. Just chiiiiill. I'm still on board, it's fun and I don't mind if they don't release a new clue every day.

Now, as Alzado said:

1) is the Loading Bay loop the same as the NPR one?

2) what's this about a leak?

Guest Dogboy73

if a mod could weed out all the crap I'm sure this thread would run at about 30 pages. It would make for a better read.

30?! We'd still be on the first page!! This is just a bit of fun & we don't get much of that around these here parts being as BoC have been in hibernation for 8 years! Leave us alone & let us have our fun :wink: It makes us feel good.

There's still no confirmation of whether last night's "broadcast" was the same as the NPR broadcast, right? What we've had is a broadcast with no position (NPR) and a position without a clear broadcast (Shoreditch installation). That would seem to support the conclusion that the two are meant to be interpreted together.

While Ravedamage swears that it was a five digit number, that seems unlikely as the image projected on the storefront had 6 X's in the first position. The fact that it was so distorted and difficult to discern seems to me like it is deliberate. They could have put outdoor speakers outside to make it easier to hear and obviously didn't. I don't think we were meant to hear it clearly.

I overlapped them in a DAW and the timing and vocal intonation was the same.

I went down to the installation this afternoon and stood by the door and listened to the number about five times in a row (it was quite loud and reverberated, you could hear it inside Rough Trade even though it was across the street).

About four out of those five times I heard the first number as 6, with the full number being 699742. The 6 was quieter than the other numbers, due to the background noise in the recording as well as noise of other people in the area. I'm pretty sure the installation was just to confirm the place of the NPR number.

I'm as eager as anyone for this album to come out, or whatever it is, but surely given how long we've already waited for a new release, a few more days (so it hopefully seems) isn't going to hurt is it?

Archived