IGNORED

/ 6 9 9 7 4 2 / 6 2 8 3 1 5 / 7 1 7 2 2 8 / 9 3 6 5 5 7 / 8 1 3 3 8 6 / 5 1 9 2 2 5 /

Guest bigloob

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys do you know how easy it would be to go drive out to an abandoned old gas station and shoot some video on your android, throw it in iMovie with some vintage effects, and computer voice numbers and then buy a spot on AdultSwim?

Fake

Guys do you know how easy it would be to go drive out to an abandoned old gas station and shoot some video on your android, throw it in iMovie with some vintage effects, and computer voice numbers and then buy a spot on AdultSwim?

Fake

Cheers for that sinking feeling in my stomach... I am going to cry myself back to sleep now.

Guest RadarJammer

I'm starting to get the impression that BOC are bigger hipsters than their own fans

I think this had potential and was exciting for awhile but once they incorporated an art installation Its hard to look past how cheesy this is

Fake

Cheers for that sinking feeling in my stomach... I am going to cry myself back to sleep now.

It could be fake for all I care. This has been fun. I love driving around such places anyway. That area of California contains a plethora of military bases and ranges, including the famous aircraft testing ground at Edwards AFB. That shot at 1:10 in the AS video is probably a nearby USMC base. There's also California City which was a planned to become as big as LA but only has 14,000 residents. There are 80,000 acres of empty street grids you can see in satellite photos. The entire region, if you include nearby southwest Nevada, is something of a relic - lot of abandoned towns and buildings with plenty of strange and secret military and government activities around. That gas station with its space age tiles slowly falling apart in the desert is something you wouldn't find in most other communities in the states, it would of been long demolished and completely forgotten elsewhere.

Fake or not it's a neat area to reference and fits with the numbers stations well.

They're right though that the additional audio and video being in reverse. So it wasn't a bad guess. But I don't hear a new set of numbers.

So why would BOC broadcast this same number three times? And why go through the trouble of setting up the installation if they were going to air the adult swim video?

maybe it's not as well planned/executed. it's starting to look like a mess really.

Getting a Lost Highway vibe from all the P.O.V. driving shots, albeit with less David Bowie.

[youtubehd]aLdgrpYYj_U[/youtubehd]

Also, has anyone considered asking Nicholas Cage to help us find the last clue?

RZ-DF-132_C%5B1%5D.r.jpg

Now all we need is someone to Photoshop the BoC album in his hands and Rachel Riley on the side and I think we can call it a day.

And why go through the trouble of setting up the installation if they were going to air the adult swim video?

As I said yesterday, fairly sure I heard someone uncoiling cables in there yesterday, so I think that place is more than just a big projection screen...

that would render all the numbers completely pointless

I think this thing has hone off the tracks a bit for warp and it's starting to look like its not so well put together

Guest Gravity

The best thing about it is that i dont have to do any research or drive to any abandoned gas station and i'll still get listen to the album. haha!

Joke's on you, the final code is on a piece of paper Warp hid inside your liver.

I think this thing has hone off the tracks a bit for warp and it's starting to look like its not so well put together

Why? Even if something happens in Brick Lane, it doesn't mean the whole number trail is pointless. If anything, it could be the final number being revealed.

However, I do wonder why 3 broadcasts of the same number was required, surely the installation at Rough Trade covered that. :shrug:

I'm saying if what futureimage thinks is some kind of performance or album preview at rough trade, then there is no point to the numbers.

also too, joyrex was saying at sunset there would be a harvest. that was Friday. either he was trolling hard or something went squirrelly.

I'm saying if what futureimage thinks is some kind of performance or album preview at rough trade, then there is no point to the numbers.

also too, joyrex was saying at sunset there would be a harvest. that was Friday. either he was trolling hard or something went squirrelly.

Ah, okay. I guess we'll find out either way, would be nice to have something by tonight though.

Either JR meant literally at sunset, or he meant something more metaphorical. Since we are probably not talking about a literal harvest, I'd guess that this is not a literal sunset, either.

Guest jasondonervan

Getting a Lost Highway vibe from all the P.O.V. driving shots, albeit with less David Bowie.

[youtubehd]aLdgrpYYj_U[/youtubehd]

Also, has anyone considered asking Nicholas Cage to help us find the last clue?

RZ-DF-132_C%5B1%5D.r.jpg

Now all we need is someone to Photoshop the BoC album in his hands and Rachel Riley on the side and I think we can call it a day.

Ask and ye shall receive

NSvj2OI.jpg

They're right though that the additional audio and video being in reverse. So it wasn't a bad guess. But I don't hear a new set of numbers.

So why would BOC broadcast this same number three times? And why go through the trouble of setting up the installation if they were going to air the adult swim video?

maybe it's not as well planned/executed. it's starting to look like a mess really.

bang

bang

Why? Even if something happens in Brick Lane, it doesn't mean the whole number trail is pointless. If anything, it could be the final number being revealed.

However, I do wonder why 3 broadcasts of the same number was required, surely the installation at Rough Trade covered that. :shrug:

bang

Archived