IGNORED

/ 6 9 9 7 4 2 / 6 2 8 3 1 5 / 7 1 7 2 2 8 / 9 3 6 5 5 7 / 8 1 3 3 8 6 / 5 1 9 2 2 5 /

Guest bigloob

I hope that the talk about a double album means that there will be a quick follow-up to this new one.

seriously? like, after 7 years of waiting and still a few months till we hear the new stuff you're like 'is there a new new album coming soon!?'.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope that the talk about a double album means that there will be a quick follow-up to this new one.

seriously? like, after 7 years of waiting and still a few months till we hear the new stuff you're like 'is there a new new album coming soon!?'.

I am well happy if this is the only thing we'll get, don't get me wrong. But would it be so wrong to hope for another release in a short time. I'd rather not wait another 7 years for something else.

Guest extherium

I wonder how much the record on ebay will sell for...

It's currently at $425 and the reserve price hasn't been met.

i don't like the cover, don't hate it, just don't like its directness for boc. the SF skyline :/ you could slap The Day After Tomorrow on it and it would fit. Hollywood next.

I think that might have been the point... think John Carpenter 70s-80s sci-fi

Guest Ed209

You were the one who drove out to Yermo?

There was a couple different people who went. 6 that I know of. Probably more from reddit. I was planning on a trip to Joshua Tree regardless, so the trip "all the way out there" wasn't that off base for us. Ended up hiking in the Mojave area after the "gas station stop".

There was also another couple that went and in speaking with them, the lady seemed really ticked off that her Saturday afternoon was derailed.

can't tell if serious, but i'd go chronologically, see how they've progressed (or not, some would say).

twoism

hi scores

mhtrtc

abpoitc

geogaddi

tch

tch

i'm not sure how to mix in the unreleased stuff, maybe season to taste.

if i could only have one, i'd take geogaddi, but then again even as i type that i'm rethinking it and going with mhtrtc.

Super serious. I think I've been exposed to maybe two BOC songs and I can't remember them really because I wasn't being attentive. I've also been told Geodaddi should be my first go.

My intro was one of their creepiest songs via the infamous "salad fingers" flash videos, so from there Geodaddi was my introduction to them as well. Never actually thought about that. I say listen to it, ABPOINTC then MHTRTC and from there go to their other material as you wish. Once you're hooked you'll want to listen to all of it.

Guest jasondonervan

You were the one who drove out to Yermo?

There was a couple different people who went. 6 that I know of. Probably more from reddit. I was planning on a trip to Joshua Tree regardless, so the trip "all the way out there" wasn't that off base for us. Ended up hiking in the Mojave area after the "gas station stop".

There was also another couple that went and in speaking with them, the lady seemed really ticked off that her Saturday afternoon was derailed.

Awesome. Forget the haters and naysayers, if it's the equivalent of cruising out for a day trip, then you get to fire out to the countryside and nothing is lost. Of course, it's a different story when it comes to booking international flights on nothing but a whim and a prayer (Red Moon), but I respect the effort. And hell, you're part of the crazy boc history timeline now :wink:

Guest jasondonervan

I have to admit, as the week went on, I was convinced that both of the 12" drops were orchestrated - it just seemed too convenient. I guess this guy flipping his copy pranced all over that bonfire. I wonder if boc might step in again, like with the Few Old Tunes auction all those years ago!

Guest jasondonervan

this is frighteningly easy to fake, btw.

True... it's listed on discogs, and now an ebay auction. But to be honest, if someone is dumb enough to pay hundreds of $/£ for that 12", they almost deserve to be conned.

True... it's listed on discogs, and now an ebay auction. But to be honest, if someone is dumb enough to pay hundreds of $/£ for that 12", they almost deserve to be conned.

Hundreds seems fair? Thousands, definitely not.

I think it's an awesome conversation piece... I would love to have it.

it's an acetate dubplate

it's incredibly easy to fake

hundreds isn't fair at all.

it's an acetate dubplate

it's incredibly easy to fake

hundreds isn't fair at all.

To be clear, I'm saying that having one of the original ones would be great.

Hundreds isn't exactly a lot of money for a collectible. Anyways, the free market will dictate what it's worth. If someone pays 5000$ for it then it's worth 5000 to them, and if they can afford it, good for them.

Archived