IGNORED

/ 6 9 9 7 4 2 / 6 2 8 3 1 5 / 7 1 7 2 2 8 / 9 3 6 5 5 7 / 8 1 3 3 8 6 / 5 1 9 2 2 5 /

Guest bigloob

Guest cctoide

So how did we get this code? Were the last numbers just brute-forced?

beariksson found the last number base64 encoded in an extra HTTP header field on the cosecha-transmisiones site.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jasondonervan

beariksson found the last number base64 encoded in an extra HTTP header field on the cosecha-transmisiones site.

explosion-gif-11.gif

did beariksson do that first?

it would be great if watmm got there first, right before twoism

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

The last six digit number was in an mp3 the link for which was hidden in the source code for the website http://cosecha-transmisiones.com/ which beariksson found.

Not sure if I was the first but I think I got the correct password pretty early / was one of the first to post it maybe. Just in case BoC/Warp are reading, I'd be a way more deserving recipient of one of those promo dubplates than that guy who put his on ebay... If you fancy sending me one for my efforts I'd be totally cool with that! Nudge nudge, wink wink etc ;)

Guest cctoide

It was either beariksson or a guy on /mu/, I went there an hour later and they were joking about how one of their tripfags got namedropped on a music news site for figuring it out (forget which). I don't think anyone on Twoism got there first, the first mention of it I found there was a link to beariksson's post.

Guest isaki

Where is mdg?

I heard he's been laid off due to cuts, and is currently selling beanies on an Edinburgh market stall.

lol

lol

Guest dirkg

*sucks own dick*

If you can you should :)

I looked through the code using chrome on the index.php but couldn't see anything like you did... where is it exactly?

*sucks own dick*

I looked through the code using chrome on the index.php but couldn't see anything like you did... where is it exactly?

im too drunk to explain now and have stuff to do tomorrow so you'll have to look closer looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

nice playing with you guys. i didn't really follow it that closely, hence the "old news?" in the post where I said i found it. if anyone feel they want to buuy me the LP so fjucking bad, no hard feeligns. just send me a pm.

Guest dirkg

*sucks own dick*

im too drunk to explain now and have stuff to do tomorrow so you'll have to look closer looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

nice playing with you guys. i didn't really follow it that closely, hence the "old news?" in the post where I said i found it. if anyone feel they want to buuy me the LP so fjucking bad, no hard feeligns. just send me a pm.

All good, sleep now, sleep....

Guest Gravity

It was either beariksson or a guy on /mu/, I went there an hour later and they were joking about how one of their tripfags got namedropped on a music news site for figuring it out (forget which). I don't think anyone on Twoism got there first, the first mention of it I found there was a link to beariksson's post.

Yeah it was beariksson, that guy from /mu/ sent it to pitchfork and they credited him as discovering it - lol.

*sucks own dick*

Did you see the Pitchfork article yesterday, how they claimed a chap named Hampus Gronvall came up with the password first? Pitchfork fail again.

http://pitchfork.com/news/50463-boards-of-canada-new-album-tomorrows-harvest/

Guest cult fiction

*sucks own dick*

Did you? It was in the response, base-64 encoded, not the website itself iirc

Guest Gravity

*sucks own dick*

* gang-dick sucks beariksson*

*watches from afar*

photo-498.jpg?_r=1367309115

Guest cctoide

*sucks own dick*

It's not on the page itself, you have to look at the HTTP headers.

aQ0iFgA.png

Guest dirkg

*sucks own dick*

It's not on the page itself, you have to look at the HTTP headers.

aQ0iFgA.png

Ah, thank you.

Guest the anonymous forumite

8 years since their last album and it still sounds like the music they were doing 15 years ago. It was very nice and pretty 15 years ago but how about these guys renew themselves ? I'm not sure they are very proud of doing the exact same music they've been doing all along...

8 years since their last album and it still sounds like the music they were doing 15 years ago. It was very nice and pretty 15 years ago but how about these guys renew themselves ? I'm not sure they are very proud of doing the exact same music they've been doing all along...

can you give us a track by track review?

since you've heard the entire thing, and all...

Hey, Kanye, Imma let ya finish, Imma let ya finish, but Boards of Canada has made some of the best music of all time!

In all seriousness, I fucking hate this criticism. If they're really good at what they do, they ought to continue to do it. That's pretty much the principle on which most of the Western professional and academic world is based: specialization. Some people are really good logicians who are specifically good at representing epistemic principles and proofs, so they become dedicated epistemic logicians. Occasionally there are a few people who can branch out beyond their initial specialization, but they are few and far between. And just because they can do that, that doesn't mean that the rest of us don't have something useful to contribute to our chosen fields of speciality. Nor does it mean that everyone will produce good work by doing what you consider to be "renewing themselves". In fact, I'm willing to bet that that approach produces bad results far more often than good results. Finally, if you don't like their music and you want something new, you could check out someone else. That's another virtue of the specialization approach: if someone else specializes in a different approach, then you are more likely to find better results in that person's way of doing things than if someone else tried to "renew himself" in order to attempt to achieve those same results.

Archived