IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Alzado

I know geogaddi is 'dark' but come on is that the only thing it is? Sonically it is very bright and sunny and hot in many places. And very warped and trippy. Geogaddi as 'dark' doesn't give it justice. Burial is dark, kryptic minds is dark, black sabbath is dark. Geogaddi is something different.

geogaddi is calculated and sinister. and perfect.

DARK AS FUCK

boc and ae delivering on all cylinders? good god.

Yeah, but BoC won't fade as much as Exai has (for me) - While I love me some Exai, BoC, in any flavour, is like sex/best meal ever/puppy kisses and unicorn vomit all rolled into one!

yea I just meant that is how I prefer both of them and if they both release big and dark albums that take you on a journey..well then, gotdamn!

boc would definitely get more play just from the simple fact I only really listen to ae when I'm in an ae obsession phase and everything else pales in comparison. but I can listen to boc any day.

Guest Papillon

Re: Thequiteus review

Not sure I understand why he used the word "fatigue" but boy does this record sound dope as fuck. I can't imagine it being bad based on this review.

I'm a little ashamed to admit this but I've been noticing a lot of dipshit friends of friends on Facebook who are 'liking' the BOC pages, and video from yesterday, these are people who rock out to carly jepson, so I'm very glad to read that this will be a less accessible album. When something is as good as BOC you kind of don't want to share it with the general public...If my mom starts liking my BOC related posts I'm going to pretend to start listening to megadeath.

not that there's anything wrong with it... but.. BOC has always been sort of an entry point for 'normals' to get into IDM. As far back as i can remember it's been this way. It wasn't really until BOC and Prefuse73 came along that my sister and a lot of people i know who aren't into electronic music started listening to Warp records.

Thanks for that John- I lol at "normals" as opposed to us post-humans. I hear you at p73 too.

Guest Papillon

Not sure I understand why he used the word "fatigue" but boy does this record sound dope as fuck. I can't imagine it being bad based on this review.

I'm a little ashamed to admit this but I've been noticing a lot of dipshit friends of friends on Facebook who are 'liking' the BOC pages, and video from yesterday, these are people who rock out to carly jepson, so I'm very glad to read that this will be a less accessible album. When something is as good as BOC you kind of don't want to share it with the general public...If my mom starts liking my BOC related posts I'm going to pretend to start listening to megadeath.

I couldn't agree with you more. Don't be ashamed, it's true. You don't want a million people loving them for the wrong reasons. It ruins it.

Acroyear - Good I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that. It might be a bit immature to say but I music has been such a big component of my life for so long now that I am a little protective of it.

More people listening to something decent, surely that is not a bad thing?

That's what Pop music is. Eventually, money ruins the art. It always finds a way, and it's not a good thing.

Yeah

That's what Pop music is. Eventually, money ruins the art. It always finds a way, and it's not a good thing.

maybe in this day and age lots of stuff on the internet requires no context anymore so more people are open to things they don't immediately understand or have any reason to like

I think the problem is the potential lack of people falling in love with music - obsessing over certain bands and artists, becoming loyal patrons of certain labels and venues, listening to albums over and over again, finding a deeper relationship with other fans, etc. There's none of that with simply liking a song on youtube or re-posting something on FB or tumblr. I think younger kids will still find artists to obsess over and scenes to create (cassettes and niche labels are blowing up for instance) but it's certainly a different environment now. The days of listening and burning the same half-dozen CDs in middle school are over.

Yes I also agree with Salvatorin and Joshuatx here. You guys are right about the internetz changing music for sure, I'm in my thirties now....so I've been listening to electronic music since the first analogue bubble bath came out, actually that was the first AFX record I bought. By the time BOC came out with High Scores I had hundreds of records in my collection. This is getting off topic but this campaign for Tomorrow's Harvest was kind of brilliant in my opinion, other than the Analord binders, this is the first time that I have been so glued to my computer and freaked out about a new release. I would be excited about a new BOC whether they announced it or not, but this campaign was brilliant. I was on here when the code was figured out and the link to bleep was revealed, and I was practically tripping over myself to find my credit card and click the buy button.....

Apart from the commercial part of it, I was also incredibly entertained by the effort BOC put in to this, by the end of it I was actually getting worn down a bit though, and desperate for news of an album. I actually made a trek out to my local shop that I haven't been to in a while to see if someone from Warp left a RSD copy for me to buy.

Perhaps in a few weeks once some of the coolness/newness has worn off, those random 'normals' will have moved on to some other shit.....and forgotten about Tomorrow's Harvest. I have a feeling though that all of you on here, will be listening to TH for a long time...

Great forum guys, glad to be on here.

Guest Papillon

I couldn't agree with you more. Don't be ashamed, it's true. You don't want a million people loving them for the wrong reasons. It ruins it.

Acroyear - Good I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that. It might be a bit immature to say but I music has been such a big component of my life for so long now that I am a little protective of it.

Yeah

maybe in this day and age lots of stuff on the internet requires no context anymore so more people are open to things they don't immediately understand or have any reason to like

I think the problem is the potential lack of people falling in love with music - obsessing over certain bands and artists, becoming loyal patrons of certain labels and venues, listening to albums over and over again, finding a deeper relationship with other fans, etc. There's none of that with simply liking a song on youtube or re-posting something on FB or tumblr. I think younger kids will still find artists to obsess over and scenes to create (cassettes and niche labels are blowing up for instance) but it's certainly a different environment now. The days of listening and burning the same half-dozen CDs in middle school are over.

Yes I also agree with Salvatorin and Joshuatx here. You guys are right about the internetz changing music for sure, I'm in my thirties now....so I've been listening to electronic music since the first analogue bubble bath came out, actually that was the first AFX record I bought. By the time BOC came out with High Scores I had hundreds of records in my collection. This is getting off topic but this campaign for Tomorrow's Harvest was kind of brilliant in my opinion, other than the Analord binders, this is the first time that I have been so glued to my computer and freaked out about a new release. I would be excited about a new BOC whether they announced it or not, but this campaign was brilliant. I was on here when the code was figured out and the link to bleep was revealed, and I was practically tripping over myself to find my credit card and click the buy button.....

Apart from the commercial part of it, I was also incredibly entertained by the effort BOC put in to this, by the end of it I was actually getting worn down a bit though, and desperate for news of an album. I actually made a trek out to my local shop that I haven't been to in a while to see if someone from Warp left a RSD copy for me to buy.

Perhaps in a few weeks once some of the coolness/newness has worn off, those random 'normals' will have moved on to some other shit.....and forgotten about Tomorrow's Harvest. I have a feeling though that all of you on here, will be listening to TH for a long time...

Great forum guys, glad to be on here.

How do you edit on here that last part sounds too gay... :(

Guest Papillon

so... you're from Winnipeg then?

lol :beer:

No man I live in the big smoke. Toronto.

Interests: Having erections LOL

Guest jasondonervan

I'm putting my local framers/printers' kids through college lately... still, couldn't resist getting this made up for myself. Looks quite lush in the flesh.

tumblr_mnct74c4SR1spvmh6o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mnct74c4SR1spvmh6o3_500.jpg

tumblr_mnct74c4SR1spvmh6o2_500.jpg

tumblr_mnct74c4SR1spvmh6o4_500.jpg

Guest jasondonervan

No, I just used that rather conveniently hi-res image that did the rounds a week or so ago. I was going to remove the INERTIA logo, but then I'd have to arse about with the others to align properly... I just decided to keep it as is to keep it simple.

Very nice ! i also printed the inside artwork and hang it at the toilet !

Every time i shit i see Boc !

Edited by Kavinsky

I know geogaddi is 'dark' but come on is that the only thing it is? Sonically it is very bright and sunny and hot in many places. And very warped and trippy. Geogaddi as 'dark' doesn't give it justice. Burial is dark, kryptic minds is dark, black sabbath is dark. Geogaddi is something different.

Geogaddi is more of a journey, similar to NIN's The Downward Spiral. It tells a story through the progression of songs.

geogaddi to me starts of nice and once you reach "The Beach At Redpoint" the album gets creepy

has anyone received their boc bleep shirts? the green and blue seem to be different colors on different pages. is the green a lime or forest? also the blue one has white art in one pic and light blue art in another. what's the deal?

Guest isaki

totally agree

never really seen what makes geogaddi dark, the cult references maybe, but when I hear about them I imagine the two brothers laughing at the thought of it all. I'd say it's more mysterious

Guest cult fiction

Burial is junkies shitting on rainy public streets. Geogaddi is horned gods smoking mysterious bone pipes while a cloaked figure steals your favorite childhood memories. Burial is not dark. Geogaddi is.

Burial is junkies shitting on rainy public streets. Geogaddi is horned gods smoking mysterious bone pipes while a cloaked figure steals your favorite childhood memories. Burial is not dark. Geogaddi is.

dude I think junkies shitting on rainy public streets is pretty fucked up and dark lol.

But I don't like burial.

boc4.jpg

^those

are

these:

2qjvreo.jpg

1r4yom.jpg

aren't they?

I think the second set is a slightly darker shade of green. I have the green one in the first set and it's definitely a lot brighter than the other green one

Geogaddi has always reminded me of circus style darkness not Burial style darkness

A circus where every worker is a the spirit of a long-dead Native American who is mad that this circus built itself on top of their burial ground