IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Alzado

Then they should release the digital editions.

Warp have had more than a good run with this, milked it for all it's worth.

Time to let it go.

yep, they're creaming back 8 years of it god bless em, they need bocash.

Hopefully the best thing that will come of all this is WARP will realize that electronic music is still their cash cow and swing back to their roots and abandon that indie direction they've been on about for the past few years.

Agree though - now that it's pretty much in the hands of enough people, they really should provide the digital downloads before 5 June, because after that for sure (if not any day now), there will be leaks of it everywhere.

they are hanging on to this one then!,maybe theres more pre-release events in the pipeline?

they've only got 7 days before the Japanese release on 5th June, and as soon as it's released there it will leak.

how early did exai get released by bleep?

a month early, just like Move of Ten and Oversteps

The difference here is Exai promos were in the hands of journos and press pretty early - WARP have held back on promos for Tomorrow's Harvest until just recently.

they are hanging on to this one then!,maybe theres more pre-release events in the pipeline?

they've only got 7 days before the Japanese release on 5th June, and as soon as it's released there it will leak.

Agreed. They'd better do something on 4 June or sooner if they want to avoid pirated leaks. Who knows, though - perhaps they're not worried about it, since most likely anyone who hasn't preordered by now isn't planning on buying the album anyways, and actually releasing the digital versions to those who did preorder would actually hurt day one sales by people pirating the early release. It's a chess game, this is.

Stupid idea, but maybe the album *is* available for early download; they were doing obscure things hiding content in various files in the ARG...

Does anybody know how to ascertain what the hell the ID is for a bleep.com album?

Downloads appear in this format (which obv doesn't work without a valid bleep.com login/session):

https://bleep.com/download/zippy?hash=R_UNIQUEID_MP3

edit: it's the same ID as the album page. nope, doesn't work. not surprised...

Edited by xf

Stupid idea, but maybe the album *is* available for early download; they were doing obscure things hiding content in various files in the ARG...

Does anybody know how to ascertain what the hell the ID is for a bleep.com album?

Downloads appear in this format (which obv doesn't work without a valid bleep.com login/session):

https://bleep.com/download/zippy?hash=R_UNIQUEID_MP3

as the URL points out, they are using a hash, which is a string of characters encoded using an algorithm. Like most digital downloads, this probably expires after it's used or after a set period of time, and is tied to the purchaser's account.

The full digital files are most likely NOT there, and won't be until they prepare to release them early, or on launch day.

how early did exai get released by bleep?

a month early, just like Move of Ten and Oversteps

The difference here is Exai promos were in the hands of journos and press pretty early - WARP have held back on promos for Tomorrow's Harvest until just recently.

I personally don't believe that makes any difference. By virtue of the fact that the past 3 consecutive Autechre releases have had digital release 1 month prior to physical release, I'd guess that it was intended to have an early digital release all along. But I am just postulating...

Agreed. They'd better do something on 4 June or sooner if they want to avoid pirated leaks. Who knows, though - perhaps they're not worried about it, since most likely anyone who hasn't preordered by now isn't planning on buying the album anyways, and actually releasing the digital versions to those who did preorder would actually hurt day one sales by people pirating the early release. It's a chess game, this is.

7 more days for BoCktease

i don't see the sense in pre-ordering an album that will be available at a local record store on the day of release. i'm keen enough on boards to download an early leak, and purchase the album regardless.. there have to be others like myself

Edited by barbara planar

i don't see the sense in pre-ordering an album that will be available at a local record store on the day of release. i'm keen enough on boards to download an early leak, and purchase the album regardless.. there have to be others like myself

Well, these days, a preorder means you'll get the digital downloads immediately, and the physical copy after the fact - add to the reality that record stores are becoming rarer and rarer these days (at least in the States) where you actually could go and buy the physical product (thanks, iTunes). The other sad reality is those who can get it early, for free, from an illegal leak may not bother actually buying it (digitally or physically) once they have it.

can someone explain how the tomorrow's harvest marketing campaign is an alternate reality game? i keep seeing "ARG" and i'm just not seeing it.

can someone explain how the tomorrow's harvest marketing campaign is an alternate reality game? i keep seeing "ARG" and i'm just not seeing it.

I think the fact that the records were physically distributed to locations around the world, in addition to the online content, made it loosely fit into the "ARG" mould.

I think the fact that the records were physically distributed to locations around the world, in addition to the online content, made it loosely fit into the "ARG" mould.

but there's no alternate reality going on here with this.

A high profile example of an ARG was the Year Zero ARG that NIN did with that company...that was supposing that there was some underground resistance force or something.

As far as I can see, there's no alternate reality element to this at all, it's just a protracted marketing gimmick.

A high profile example of an ARG was the Year Zero ARG that NIN did with that company...that was supposing that there was some underground resistance force or something.

As far as I can see, there's no alternate reality element to this at all, it's just a protracted marketing gimmick.

"loosely"

"loosely"

I'd say that's stretching it far past the breaking point of the elastic, don't you think?

Hopefully the best thing that will come of all this is WARP will realize that electronic music is still their cash cow and swing back to their roots and abandon that indie direction they've been on about for the past few years.

Agree though - now that it's pretty much in the hands of enough people, they really should provide the digital downloads before 5 June, because after that for sure (if not any day now), there will be leaks of it everywhere.