IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - R Plus Seven

Guest pixelives

This is one of the best changes I've seen over the last 2/3 years in NYC. A high ratio of females at parties/events/gigs/etc. The nerd beardo thing was pretty extreme for a LONG time and the only girls you saw were somebody's girlfriend. Now there are awesome ladies even putting on great parties. For instance a friend of mine does the Rinsed parties in NYC and last weekend they had Inner City with Kevin Saunderson and Paris Grey live PA! KILLER.

The 0PN gig was a dry event and totally anti club or socializing and everyone was there for the music. Also kind of refreshing and different to what I am generally used to.

also not IDM at all lol

Never said it was. Of course anything Detroit from that era is protoIDM as far as influence goes, even if Mr Saunderson leaned toward soul/Chicago.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

at 0:52

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFcde9aI9Z0

at 0:00

:)

Wow. Lopatin has always been synced with my realm in some metaphysical way. I have that tape at home. This is from ebay, but yeah, I love that tape. I also have spring I believe.

$(KGrHqFHJBkE7)r7vQ1JBPEcqfQngw~~60_35.J

Nice!

I had a similar moment when I realized I picked up the same Vangelis album (on tape) that BoC sampled in "Happy Cycling"

really interesting testament to the power of the right marketing campaign and marketing force behind something. What is by far his most difficult and non traditional/ambient album to date is on Warp with an NPR feature. Very fascinating to me. It's a good sign for anybody out there making weird music i think

Guest pixelives

really interesting testament to the power of the right marketing campaign and marketing force behind something. What is by far his most difficult and non traditional/ambient album to date is on Warp with an NPR feature. Very fascinating to me. It's a good sign for anybody out there making weird music i think

Warp has had a running thing going with NPR for the better part of a year (at least), giving them first stream option for a bunch of new stuff.

Warp has had a running thing going with NPR for the better part of a year (at least), giving them first stream option for a bunch of new stuff.

Replica is the more "difficult" album for me though. I still don't know if I really like it.

Guest bitroast

r+7 has me decided that, i don't really think the album is amazing.

i think half the album is amazing (ie. Replica = amazing. Power Of Persuasion, Sleep Dealer, Andro, Child Soldier = amazing.) but the rest is a bit, alright? a bit scattered in how much i actually enjoy the rest of the album. i really do think the amazing tracks are amazing, but it's not enough the merit or hold up the whole album.

that said, the album is a pretty important work in his catalogue in that it's when he first broke away from the synth dreamscapes in pursuit of something else.

so it's an important album, but i don't think it's a necessarily great album.

it's quite good. not 'quite good'. but quite good. it's good.

(returnal, on the other hand, along with r+7, russian mind, rifts, etc. are all amazing. i even sort of appreciate the infinity window and dania shape releases a little more than replica.)

r+7 has me decided that, i don't really think the album is amazing.

i think half the album is amazing (ie. Replica = amazing. Power Of Persuasion, Sleep Dealer, Andro, Child Soldier = amazing.) but the rest is a bit, alright? a bit scattered in how much i actually enjoy the rest of the album. i really do think the amazing tracks are amazing, but it's not enough the merit or hold up the whole album.

that said, the album is a pretty important work in his catalogue in that it's when he first broke away from the synth dreamscapes in pursuit of something else.

so it's an important album, but i don't think it's a necessarily great album.

it's quite good. not 'quite good'. but quite good. it's good.

(returnal, on the other hand, along with r+7, russian mind, rifts, etc. are all amazing. i even sort of appreciate the infinity window and dania shape releases a little more than replica.)

Is this post about r+7 or Replica? I'm lost.

Aw man, I love Replica! Seems to be getting the doormat treatment in the rush to opine in this... obviously there's the assplode/novelty factor with R+7, so I can't help but wonder what people (myself included) will think of these albums in a couple years time.

Archived