IGNORED

New Autechre EP - L Event

kiya

Hey guys,

Don't post any links to sites where you download any leaks. If you continue to do so I'll bombard your asses.

That proves the leaks are not fake ;)

No, that proves we don't tolerate leaks, fake or otherwise.

what if the link is from

youtube

you're technically not downloading anything

:cisfor:

True, but if you respect Autechre at all, then posting links on YouTube to their music should be a no-no.

Guest Rulohead32

Hey guys,

Don't post any links to sites where you download any leaks. If you continue to do so I'll bombard your asses.

That proves the leaks are not fake ;)

No, that proves we don't tolerate leaks, fake or otherwise.

what if the link is from

youtube

you're technically not downloading anything

:cisfor:

True, but if you respect Autechre at all, then posting links on YouTube to their music should be a no-no.

I was gonna edit after a while cause I also feel bad about posting it but I just forgot :/

I'm dumbfounded by this track because it could go either wAe.

yea this. there's things in it which are awkwardly pointing backwards. on the other hand, it has quality.

I have a theory.

The brothers (foolishly?) decided to drop a few bombs of ketamine on a visit to the seaside. As they came out of the trip they discovered that they had spent the last 2 days in a cave with some seagulls, beach crabs, David Bellamy and a BBC film crew.

Rob had left his field recorder on for the duration of the trip, and the contents of the recording became known amongst the higher IDM circles as the "K-Event".

Someone from Warp records got hot of the recording and really liked it, but decided to rename it "L-event" fearing a review backlash from The Daily Mail. They also paulstretched it up 500% as 48 hours of squawking and squelching was too much even for hardened fans of Perlence subrange 6-36.

End of theory.

confirmed

not listening to these leaks - fake or no.

I kind of get what Awepittance is saying regarding Exai not being as intricate or "micro" detailed / whatever - I sometimes revert all my energy to the gantz/confield/draft era just for the beat-fuckery. That's still there to some extent but i feel there's less rhythmic focus now

where the fuck is obel?

he's reversing time and jumping out of holes

not listening to these leaks - fake or no.

I kind of get what Awepittance is saying regarding Exai not being as intricate or "micro" detailed / whatever - I sometimes revert all my energy to the gantz/confield/draft era just for the beat-fuckery. That's still there to some extent but i feel there's less rhythmic focus now

*high fives retarded mexican paper mache sonic the hedgehog*

Edited by John Ehrlichman

where the fuck is obel?

A sherpa reported to me about his situation. He is currently on a personal and spiritial pilgrimage, traveling through the Asian continent barefooted, enduring the hostility of Pakistan, the sands of Afghanistan, crossing Tibetan mountainpaths, stepping on its sharp stones and enduring the blistering colds of Nepal, in order to finally arrive at Dharamsala, India, and tell the Dalai Lama to fuck off.

It's possible that the "tac lacora" leak was made by autechre, but was just some castaway with lots of exai sounds, which sean then posted on 4chan to troll us.

Edited by Joseph

so does anybody think anything at all about Richard Devine brushing aside any possibility of the first track being autechre by saying he's 'positive' it isn't them followed by a smiley face? He's not usually the type of person to make claims like that.

I'm going to take a guess and say the only can think of can pull something like that off and make it sound that good, Aaron Funk comes to mind, so does Travis Stewart and even that guy 3tronik who used to make music out of sampling from AE. I suppose Richard Devine could too

Edited by John Ehrlichman

this is nicely done, but fake, imo. it's a bit try-hard. sean and rob wouldn't use a formant synth that nakedly. they really got the scuzzy bazz down though. i could swear i heard a synth sequence preset from some VST i know in there too (arturia CS80 or z3ta or something).

yea i am literally jumping off the it's-ae train. the buzzing grainy thing, these vocals.. at ca. 2 minutes there's a synth which sounds like sampled from old ae material.

nice job tho glotch

If it's fake, I want a link to buy their music, damnit. I would listen the fuck out of an album like this!

Yeah. I thought i said something similar somewhere in this thread, but the mods decided to nuke anything with a link in it.

The fact that those links were nuked from orbit say enough, btw...