IGNORED

New Autechre EP - L Event

kiya

Guest pixelives

I know quite a bit of people who work for larger independent labels or run their own and they all use it. One company they use is called haulix

Guest RadarJammer

Has anyone got examples of watermarked stuff - is there audible stuff, is there stuff in the 'above hearing frequency' range, is it to do with gap lengths between tracks?

take a sample on a zero crossing and nudge it up as little as you can

if you try and null it against the original it will look nulled unless you zoom in a bunch of magnitudes

and you won't be able to find it easily unless you know which second of the song its in or you have some special software that tests audio files against eachother for sample level differences

not sure how encoding would effect this but i'm sure someone with 10 minutes on their hands could find a clever way to water mark any quality mp3 or wav

anyone can water mark their music effectively and quickly

Edited by RadarJammer

Has anyone got examples of watermarked stuff - is there audible stuff, is there stuff in the 'above hearing frequency' range, is it to do with gap lengths between tracks?

Watermarked spl9 that leaked before Exai just has some high pitched ringing in it about 2 minutes in. It's not even distinct really it's like they just put a 16khz band starting and stopping at a certain time. Easy to overcome

^ yea I was thinking this. basically take 2 same promo songs with unique watermarks, substract the difference between them from one of them, goodbye watermark.

imo.

Guest pixelives

I'm sure it wouldn't take much manipulation or time to get rid of a watermark. But wow, what an asshole move. Taking time out of your day to erase watermarks just so you can leak an album and fuck with an artist and their work and method of income. That is the opposite of being a fan and borders on sociopathic.

damn, not this promo crap again. didn't we just go thru this recently? Warp has learned nothing.

1. designers republic mentions publicly that they have just started working on the artwork for a new autechre release.

2. 25 years of rabid & painful anticipation.

3. Warp sends promos of the release to random hipsters with music blogs.

4. 3 months of reading hipster tweets like "got this new promo from some band called 'autecker'. it's ok i guess. has some weird noises on it and also some beats".

5. album is finally released.

6. people who pre-ordered from Bleep get their cds/vinyl 12 years later.

Edited by digit

Guest pixelives

In short: who cares about leaking promos?

Answer: nobody, but fanboys who preordered the ep from blerp

Yeah artists totally don't care, at all.

damn, not this promo crap again. didn't we just go thru this recently? Warp has learned nothing.

1. designers republic mentions publicly that they have just started working on the artwork for a new autechre release.

2. 25 years of rabid & painful anticipation.

3. Warp sends promos of the release to random hipsters with music blogs.

4. 3 months of reading hipster tweets like "got this new promo from some band called 'autecker'. it's ok i guess. has some weird noises on it and also some beats".

5. album is finally released.

6. people who pre-ordered from Bleep get their cds/vinyl 12 years later.

lol

In short: who cares about leaking promos?

Answer: nobody, but fanboys who preordered the ep from blerp

Yeah artists totally don't care, at all.

Ok, the two lads plus some fanboys who preordered from blerp. My bad.

im gonna spend the next week dedicated to jazzing up my tumblr. Post loads of album reviews from bands you have not heard. I will also review uber cool gigs and namecheck some awesome new trainers.

Ya know, just incase the promogods like my style

plz worf plz x

ps

not preordered

Edited by feltcher

I'm sure it wouldn't take much manipulation or time to get rid of a watermark. But wow, what an asshole move. Taking time out of your day to erase watermarks just so you can leak an album and fuck with an artist and their work and method of income. That is the opposite of being a fan and borders on sociopathic.

personally i'm more interested in the process of doing it.

if i had access to a promo i'd keep it to myself like fucking gl0tch would, printing out the PCM data in hex notation and wrap it around my dick.

pls

pls

Just to say I wasn't talking about using phase inversion to get rid of watermarks, merely has phase inversion ever been used as a "watermarking" process? It seems far to obvious to be done, but would be a dead easy way of making a promo master significantly different to the release master. Of course they can so easily be reversed too... :/