IGNORED

Tim Hecker - Virgins

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first listen, this is exactly the record i need this time of year. i cant wait to dig deep into this one

I agree. Listened to this yesterday and it's just pure lushness through the whole thing. With this and the new Deepchord album, this fall starts off great!

this one really feels like a progression. i think ravedeath was the test run for what he's doing with live instrumentation on this one. it's actually a fairly challenging listen, by hecker's standards. not quite avant garde, but some of the rhythmic collage stuff is pretty confrontational. i haven't fully decided where this fits in with his other albums, and i still think harmony and radio amor are his strongest albums, but this is definitely superior to the last two. and probably better than mirages.

yea this is really really nice. perfect for the fall weather we are having here.

i listened to it last saturday morning in my sun room before my wife and son were awake. just sitting there looking into my backyard, with a hot cup of strong coffee, watching the deer walk in the morning dew. it was perfect.

Guest Zelmo Swift

I'm getting to the venue a couple hours early tomorrow to see him live for the first time as admission is first-come-first-serve.

yea this is really really nice. perfect for the fall weather we are having here.

i listened to it last saturday morning in my sun room before my wife and son were awake. just sitting there looking into my backyard, with a hot cup of strong coffee, watching the deer walk in the morning dew. it was perfect.

Your life sounds really ideal to me.

:^)

i was snapped out of that glorious buzz when i was scooping shit out of my sons ass crack moments after he woke up and threw a lightning mcqueen car at mr potato head.

Archived