IGNORED

David Lynch - Bad the John Boy

Icct

http://www.amazon.com/Bad-John-Boy-David-Lynch/dp/B00FA1DFME/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383014049&sr=8-1&keywords=bad+the+john+boy

1 - Bad the John Boy

2 - The Big Dream (Venetian Snares Remix)

November 11, 2013

• Label: Sacred Bones

First track on this live set is Aaron's remix w/ him singing over David Lynch... the amazon preview sounds like he just stuck w/ the original DL vocal track for the studio version:

I've pre-ordered my copy :-)

Imagine if that upcoming Vsnares collab album is him and David Lynch. That'd be fun.

where did you hear about a collab album? I've only heard of a new project on planet mu but thats about it.

and yes, David Lynch + Vsnares would be awesome. I love this remix, sounds good, great job!

Lynch is kinda corporate bitch at the moment, so i doubt he personally choose Snares, seems like label's decision

i support this theory.

also, snares tries waaaayy too hard to be weird whereas lynch is just naturally weird. i'd prefer if he collaborated with someone who was more in his own vein of weirdness like scott walker even though walker is weird without lynch's help. maybe lynch should just be left alone to do his own thing :cat:

Lynch is kinda corporate bitch at the moment, so i doubt he personally choose Snares, seems like label's decision

Bollocks. Lynch has complete control over his work.

Oh yeah, Lynch the Auteur. The thing is he doesn't even want to control anything in his musical career. He's a walking advertisement.

Oh yeah, Lynch the Auteur. The thing is he doesn't even want to control anything in his musical career. He's a walking advertisement.

I have no fucking clue what you are talking about. Of course he does.

I'm talking about David Lynch becoming a brand name to open glamour clubs in Paris and spread whatever message anyone asks him to spread. I doubt that choosing Sasha, Trentemoeller and Skream to remix his work is called complete control.

I adore Lynch but he should stick to his movies. I have to say, that I enjoyed the track Noah's Ark and everything before Crazy Clown Time.

A VS remix is nevertheless something special to keep the eyes on.

I'm talking about David Lynch becoming a brand name to open glamour clubs in Paris and spread whatever message anyone asks him to spread. I doubt that choosing Sasha, Trentemoeller and Skream to remix his work is called complete control.

Not to forget selling albums in such Vinyl factory fashion.

I adore Lynch but he should stick to his movies.

Lynch isn't going to make any more movies.

In November 2012, Lynch hinted at plans for a new film while attending Plus Camerimage in Bydgoszcz, Poland. Speaking at the festival, Lynch said "something is coming up. It will happen but I don't know exactly when."[97] At Plus Camerimage, Lynch was also presented with a lifetime achievement award and the key to the city by Bydgoszcz's mayor Rafał Bruski.[98] During an interview with the Los Angeles Times in January 2013, frequent Lynch collaborator Laura Dern confirmed she and Lynch are planning a new project,[99][100] and The New York Times later revealed Lynch is working on the script.[101]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_lynch#Internet_work_and_Inland_Empire:_2002.E2.80.93present

was just looking up the Twin Peaks 2 and Eraserhead ost reissues and came across this beast:

Yup, Davy making up his own Dance mix from the rather concrete sounding pieces. Excellent humour and choice, I had a good laugh about that.

Archived