IGNORED

The Caustic Window LP (CAT023) Kickstarter FAQ - LIVE NOW!

Joyrex

The Kickstarter total differs from my student debt burden by only a few hundred more. FML.

The kickstarter could pay off 1/3 of my outstanding student debt!

jesus christ, americans pay an absolutely insane amount for university. i thought i had it bad this time round paying 5500 a year for 2 years.

it's 4 years of university plus 3 years of law school for me, but most of the outstanding debt is law school with a couple grand left for undergrad

I've just read about this exciting Kickstarter campaign (it's all over twitter). But it's the first I've heard of it (must have been living under a rock) - but now it's finished!

Is there any way I can get on board with this? I'm a massive Aphex Twin fan and would love to get these lost recordings.

Happy to pay the same as the rest, donate to charity, do a funny dance in a car park or whatever is needed.

Always nice to see a Newsfield fan!

The Kickstarter total differs from my student debt burden by only a few hundred more. FML.

The kickstarter could pay off 1/3 of my outstanding student debt!

jesus christ, americans pay an absolutely insane amount for university. i thought i had it bad this time round paying 5500 a year for 2 years.

it's 4 years of university plus 3 years of law school for me, but most of the outstanding debt is law school with a couple grand left for undergrad

They make law school so expensive so that only the children of the rich have the balls to pick it and so the cycle of wealth begets wealth continues.

I've just read about this exciting Kickstarter campaign (it's all over twitter). But it's the first I've heard of it (must have been living under a rock) - but now it's finished!

Is there any way I can get on board with this? I'm a massive Aphex Twin fan and would love to get these lost recordings.

Happy to pay the same as the rest, donate to charity, do a funny dance in a car park or whatever is needed.

Sorry man, but the agreement with rephlex was only for the period of the kickstarter. Welcome to watmm, etc. [-;

Stay tuned... an announcement will be made soon (here and on the Kickstarter site) for folks who missed out or had payment problems with Amazon Payments.

Stay tuned... an announcement will be made soon (here and on the Kickstarter site) for folks who missed out or had payment problems with Amazon Payments.

Oh good, i didn't like crushing that kid's dreams.

I'm not much of an Aphex fanboy these days, but I do keep wanting to ask, as I've paid up and stuff, do I definitely, definitely, definitely now get a download of the Caustic Window LP? Still seems too good to be true.

I'm not much of an Aphex fanboy these days, but I do keep wanting to ask, as I've paid up and stuff, do I definitely, definitely, definitely now get a download of the Caustic Window LP? Still seems too good to be true.

Yeah?

Seriously, maybe not now, maybe in a year, maybe 40 years from now when Aphex's dead and buried, I have a feeling this will get a proper physical edition

I am VERY curious about the future of, not only Aphex but also BoC back catalogue.

I reckon the "IDM" scene isn't really over yet.

Yes, 100% certain (barring the world doesn't blow up or anything)

Seriously, maybe not now, maybe in a year, maybe 40 years from now when Aphex's dead and buried, I have a feeling this will get a proper physical edition

Well, you wait until then, eh? I'll most certainly be all out of fucks to give at that point in time. :emotawesomepm9:

I am VERY curious about the future of, not only Aphex but also BoC back catalogue.

I reckon the "IDM" scene isn't really over yet.

Well, BOC I am sure their children (who have the right to the music, see what I did there?) would control it as part of their estate... damn, this convo is getting kinda morbid!

the chosen one ordered a snar2 rushmachine i'm sure he's cooking us the purest faphex meth ever right now have some faith

joymeng can throw us a surprise afx hint speculation boner?

Good news, everyone!

Rephlex has allowed me to extend the offer of getting a digital copy of the Caustic Window LP for folks who missed out or had issues with Amazon Payments.

I'm working on getting a page set up where you can buy a digital copy for the same price as the Kickstarter via PayPal - if you've already pledged via Kickstarter, don't alter or cancel your pledge - this is just for folks who missed out or had problems - don't give me more work than I already have!

The URL for the page will be announced soon (probably by the end of the week if all goes well) via the Kickstarter page and here on WATMM.

This will probably be available until the digital downloads are ready (probably a few weeks at the most).

Good news, everyone! </farnsworth>

Rephlex has allowed me to extend the offer of getting a digital copy of the Caustic Window LP for folks who missed out or had issues with Amazon Payments.

I'm working on getting a page set up where you can buy a digital copy for the same price as the Kickstarter via PayPal - if you've already pledged via Kickstarter, don't alter or cancel your pledge - this is just for folks who missed out or had problems - don't give me more work than I already have!

The URL for the page will be announced soon (probably by the end of the week if all goes well) via the Kickstarter page and here on WATMM.

This will probably be available until the digital downloads are ready (probably a few weeks at the most).

Thanks!

Aw ye.

Absolutely makes my day. Thank you.

after this LP will be leaked ... a lot of people think of it... it saddens me... it's not funny because it's a rare album and only available in vinyl... and I've read a lot of article (in french) where all journalists are convinced that it'll be leaked...

I imagine the record will not only be digitally available after the files are out. Remember, the files will be lossless, so I imagine someone will do a bootleg and cash in on that.

Just my thought, I am sure that will happen.

I don't think that leaking is so bad. By the time the files are available it will (most likely) be impossible to buy them any more, so Aphex and the charity will have as much money as they're ever going to get from this. If the spread of the files afterwards can generate a little renewed interest in RDJ's music then I can only see that as a good thing in this case. It's a win-win-win situation.