IGNORED

The Caustic Window LP (CAT023) Kickstarter FAQ - LIVE NOW!

Joyrex

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One idea to consider before releasing the binaries is a WATM01 Vinyl release

2 x 12" 250 copies

http://curvedpressings.com/500-x-12inch-full-colour-labels/

ballpark 859 GDP + VAT

Includes:

Professional mastering

5 test pressings

Full colour centre labels

Card sleeve

dunno why people keep dwelling on some kind of hope that there will be an officially sanctioned vinyl pressing.

it's not happening. this has already been confirmed

I do believe a vinyl bootleg will make its way out whenst-ever and such…I, for one, will purchase such an item cos I dinnae gie a fuck about audiophile listenng rates and that. I just want the wax so's I can occasionally play it out and that. Quids In, yo. Pre-bought. Cos I am that dumbass etc.

One idea to consider before releasing the binaries is a WATM01 Vinyl release

2 x 12" 250 copies

http://curvedpressings.com/500-x-12inch-full-colour-labels/

ballpark 859 GDP + VAT

Includes:

Professional mastering

5 test pressings

Full colour centre labels

Card sleeve

dunno why people keep dwelling on some kind of hope that there will be an officially sanctioned vinyl pressing.

it's not happening. this has already been confirmed

I do believe a vinyl bootleg will make its way out whenst-ever and such…I, for one, will purchase such an item cos I dinnae gie a fuck about audiophile listenng rates and that. I just want the wax so's I can occasionally play it out and that. Quids In, yo. Pre-bought. Cos I am that dumbass etc.

I wonder if the original Caustic Window vinyl was cut by George Peckham?? I'm pretty sure he's retired but it'd be pretty dope if he was involved in the transfer process. I think Peckham cut almost all of the earlier Rephlex vinyl, you know a porky prime cut....

Yeah, most likely - all the Rephlex stuff was cut at Porky (from 48kzh DAT), but the test pressings were done at 'Orlake', long since closed down.

I wonder if the original Caustic Window vinyl was cut by George Peckham?? I'm pretty sure he's retired but it'd be pretty dope if he was involved in the transfer process. I think Peckham cut almost all of the earlier Rephlex vinyl, you know a porky prime cut....

Yeah, most likely - all the Rephlex stuff was cut at Porky (from 48kzh DAT), but the test pressings were done at 'Orlake', long since closed down.

it says so on the discogs page "Lacquer Cut By – Porky"

http://www.discogs.com/Caustic-Window-Caustic-Window-LP/release/482493

Guest Papillon

I've just googled it, thanks for the tip. It looks like 2009-2010 were bad years for vinyl collectors and record labels in general...

it says so on the discogs page "Lacquer Cut By – Porky"

http://www.discogs.com/Caustic-Window-Caustic-Window-LP/release/482493

Oh thanks for pointing that out I hadn't noticed the discogs page. :)

Good news, everyone! </farnsworth>

Rephlex has allowed me to extend the offer of getting a digital copy of the Caustic Window LP for folks who missed out or had issues with Amazon Payments.

I'm working on getting a page set up where you can buy a digital copy for the same price as the Kickstarter via PayPal - if you've already pledged via Kickstarter, don't alter or cancel your pledge - this is just for folks who missed out or had problems - don't give me more work than I already have!

The URL for the page will be announced soon (probably by the end of the week if all goes well) via the Kickstarter page and here on WATMM.

This will probably be available until the digital downloads are ready (probably a few weeks at the most).

Thanks so much for extending this. Just ordered a copy.

Edited by adge

Richard's newest tracks are the result of his isolated living in the hills of Ireland - one track in particular is a sheep fart modulated at 20hz that he's managed to make it sound like a group of Jamaican acapella singers doing the theme to Inspector Gadget.

Richard's newest tracks are the result of his isolated living in the hills of Ireland - one track in particular is a sheep fart modulated at 20hz that he's managed to make it sound like a group of Jamaican acapella singers doing the theme to Inspector Gadget.

It's funny, in about 2002 i played my mum the outro to this EP that i made which was one long song cut into movements. Anyway the outro was a melody and beat at extremely high pitch, she put the headphones on and asked me what i was talking about. Depressingly i wonder if i could even hear it these days. It's on an harddrive somewhere.

but I haven't confirmed either way yet...

You do understand there are only 5 (6) people in this world that could leak this, right?

mike p told last month in chatmm that there were about +10 copies of the CWLP handed out

i've mentioned this before in a thread but it seems to have been ignored :c

but I haven't confirmed either way yet...

You do understand there are only 5 (6) people in this world that could leak this, right?

mike p told last month in chatmm that there were about +10 copies of the CWLP handed out

i've mentioned this before in a thread but it seems to have been ignored :c

Yeah, I remember. Still, even if that many copies still existed, I doubt the folks who have them (especially in light of the Kickstarter thing) would leak the tracks after all this time.