IGNORED

The Caustic Window LP (CAT023) Kickstarter FAQ - LIVE NOW!

Joyrex

I don't think that leaking is so bad. By the time the files are available it will (most likely) be impossible to buy them any more, so Aphex and the charity will have as much money as they're ever going to get from this. If the spread of the files afterwards can generate a little renewed interest in RDJ's music then I can only see that as a good thing in this case. It's a win-win-win situation.

opinions

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that leaking is so bad. By the time the files are available it will (most likely) be impossible to buy them any more, so Aphex and the charity will have as much money as they're ever going to get from this. If the spread of the files afterwards can generate a little renewed interest in RDJ's music then I can only see that as a good thing in this case. It's a win-win-win situation.

i'm not agreed because this LP is rare & Rephlex compagny lost a lot of if this LP is leaked...

Thinking ... the number of people who paid to have it and the number of people who will download it illegally ... for a number of years of illegal download does not equal the number of people who paid ... so the author of this LP will lose a lot of money ...

welcome to 2014

It's when music gets directly injected into your brain and/or < 5 people own copies, its safe as milk...other than that its like my farts after an onion baji.

out there :/

I'm glad to have paid for it an contributed...:)

i'm not agreed because this LP is rare & Rephlex compagny lost a lot of if this LP is leaked...

Thinking ... the number of people who paid to have it and the number of people who will download it illegally ... for a number of years of illegal download does not equal the number of people who paid ... so the author of this LP will lose a lot of money ...

Not really. The "author", who'd be Richard in this context, is losing exactly zero bucks if people torrent the record after the release of the files.

Seeing as no one will be able to buy it after the whole process of money gathering it's not that bad, money-wise at least.

I imagine the record will not only be digitally available after the files are out. Remember, the files will be lossless, so I imagine someone will do a bootleg and cash in on that.

Just my thought, I am sure that will happen.

Yeah, but the bootlegs don't do well sales-wise due to their illegitimacy.

Not really. The "author", who'd be Richard in this context, is losing exactly zero bucks if people torrent the record after the release of the files.

Seeing as no one will be able to buy it after the whole process of money gathering it's not that bad, money-wise at least.

Exactly - that's another reason I decided to open this up to as many people as possible - the less people who legitimately could own this, the worse the piracy of this album would have been - at least this way as many people as possible get to own it, and Richard gets fair compensation for his work and loses at little as possible to piracy.

Exactly - that's another reason I decided to open this up to as many people as possible - the less people who legitimately could own this, the worse the piracy of this album would have been - at least this way as many people as possible get to own it, and Richard gets fair compensation for his work and loses at little as possible to piracy.

ok that's fine for Richard! ;-) and i'm proud to participate this project. Thanks again Joyrex! ;-)

Edited by Anchio Arch io Son Pittore

Because the purchase of the digital release is being extended, does this mean the ripping of the vinyl/conversion will be delayed until this extension of sales is over?

Because the purchase of the digital release is being extended, does this mean the ripping of the vinyl/conversion will be delayed until this extension of sales is over?

No, not at all - the PayPal option will only extend until we have the digital rips ready to be delivered - it will not delay the overall progression of the project whatsoever.

Very organised and efficient. You should have been an administrator :-D

Yeah, the only thing they'd let me be in charge of is this forum :emotawesomepm9:

Guest jasondonervan

Joyphex and his teasing Kickstarter updates... can't wait to hear about a surprise or two :wink:

Heads up, Aphexians!!

Just got an email from kickstarter, letting us know all is good, interesting thing is they say there might be a few extra surprises in store for us.

*next level excitement engaged*

Yeah, just an update about what happens next (no surprises yet), and that you can now vote to choose which charity should get the proceeds from the Ebay auction: http://forum.watmm.com/topic/83473-time-to-choose-which-charity-will-get-half-the-proceeds-from-the-ebay-auction-of-cat023/

Guest Papillon

I wonder if the original Caustic Window vinyl was cut by George Peckham?? I'm pretty sure he's retired but it'd be pretty dope if he was involved in the transfer process. I think Peckham cut almost all of the earlier Rephlex vinyl, you know a porky prime cut....

One idea to consider before releasing the binaries is a WATM01 Vinyl release

2 x 12" 250 copies

http://curvedpressings.com/500-x-12inch-full-colour-labels/

ballpark 859 GDP + VAT

Includes:

Professional mastering

5 test pressings

Full colour centre labels

Card sleeve

dunno why people keep dwelling on some kind of hope that there will be an officially sanctioned vinyl pressing.

it's not happening. this has already been confirmed