IGNORED

Why is music better at night?

Reduced vision > other senses heightened > aural euphoria > annoyed neighbors

Plus, as most folks are asleep, there's less noise / disruptions from other sources to blight the night tunes.

You become more reflective in the evening and at night, so your thoughts don't keep you awake when you're trying to sleep. Which means you're more emotional to begin with. Also, darkness is more fitting to more gloomy music, at day sunlight kind of ruins the mood, as emo as this sounds. I don't think happy songs are better at night.

Guest bitroast

Not sure. I also am looking forward to shitty Melbourne winter weather to turn into disgusting overly hot Melbourne summer weather because music sounds a billion times better in the heat than the cold.

What sounds better though? Heat or night?

More tired. Loose. Melting of inhibitions. ...Assuming one wakes in the morning.

Being tired is like being high: Tired=BeingHigh/30

But also, night is sexy as fuck.

Imagine a badass drum circle around a bonfire- flames lighting faces from side and below; full moon lighting silver halos from above- everyone in the circle connecting as humans. Vibez going strong, every beat speaks of infinity in the now, and with every body movement the group dances the pains and joys of their ancestors past and future. The waves lapping at the shore, the heartbeat of Gaia. Everyone is in The Dance... of LIFE.

Buuuut then imagine that drum circle in the blazing sunshine, fucking you can't even see the bonfire, and then there's like dudes on their Harleys roaring by and wooing as a child screams in front of the ice cream shop cuz he just dropped his mint chip cone.

Yah- the sunshine is life-- but the night, is sex.

It's the same way for me early in the morning, I'm often reflective if I'm not yet at work or in my car with no traffic around. It has to be before the sun is all the way up...like still dawn in other words.

Some of the best music listening for me is on long road trips with little or no traffic.

Sidenote: Day or night, ganj makes music into MUUUuUUuUSssSsiIiIIIiICCCCCCcccCcC. It's beautiful, but I don't know if that's good or bad.... But I do know-- If I ever make a whole album that sounds good when listened to during a death level flu, then I know I've created something amazing.

Guest bitroast

Sidenote: Day or night, ganj makes music into MUUUuUUuUSssSsiIiIIIiICCCCCCcccCcC. It's beautiful, but I don't know if that's good or bad.... But I do know-- If I ever make a whole album that sounds good when listened to during a death level flu, then I know I've created something amazing.

it took me listening to the burial kindred/street halo EPs with death level flu to get proper into them. sitting dazed out as anything in middle of day, half dying, and the way the music was just ear tickling bass and melodic fuzz made me fall in love with it big time. now whenever I listen to burial I remember how good it sounded while flu-y and love it.

i enjoy music the most in the morning right as the sun is rising with the dew dripping off the wet grass and my coffee steaming real nice.

'tis the time of the day I dedicate to bluegrass, folk, and other such kinds of music

Depending on what you're listening to certain musical vibes lend themselves more to nocturnal environments.... Though I suppose the same can be said for other sounds with other settings.

It is because of the lizard moon aliens and lower operating brain frequencies, also at night it is dark outside, blacks have better music.

Maybe because humans used to be afraid of things they could not see like predators and ghosts etc. in the dark, so they started making music in the heat.

Guest Roksen Creek

It's the whole sensory deprivation thing innit. I find any sort of light, even when closing your eyes in the daytime doesn't bring the same kind of listening experience as pitch black. In the dark I can hear all the timbres clearly, feel the space between sounds, everything is just so much more atmospheric.

i enjoy music the most in the morning right as the sun is rising with the dew dripping off the wet grass and my coffee steaming real nice.

'tis the time of the day I dedicate to bluegrass, folk, and other such kinds of music

for a couple weeks after purchasing Go Plastic i would go down to the river around mid day and blast it through my headphones. nothing beats the sun coming through the trees and some FILTHY MOTHERFUCKING BREAKS MOTHERFUCKEKKRrR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Full moon, undisturbed forest, sky spattered with glittered infinity-- If you have the right amplifier/lens configuration, you could focus moonlight to fire up your ganj pipe.

Holy fuck motherfuck- imagine if you LIT YOUR GANJ WITH THE MOON.

I just dropped the mic in my own head.

* I'm out. Much Love to All. *

music sounds a billion times better in the heat

so they started making music in the heat.

clear consensus, music sounds better in the heat.

I once listened to "Old Tunes" while driving at 4am across several states in the dead of winter. The van didn't have a tape adapter or an aux cable port so I had to use an FM transmitter. That was an interesting experience on only five hours of sleep. You've not lived until you've driven through a sleeping West Virginia while listening to Forest Moon on the radio.

Night's definitely the best time for musics. I usually listen to downtempo or ambient/classical while driving to pick up the boyfriend from work. Especially fond of Benbecula's "Music Volume 1 & 2" and Merck's "Aurora" series.

It's the whole sensory deprivation thing innit. I find any sort of light, even when closing your eyes in the daytime doesn't bring the same kind of listening experience as pitch black. In the dark I can hear all the timbres clearly, feel the space between sounds, everything is just so much more atmospheric.

Good breakdown.

Archived