IGNORED

WATMM travel thread

usagi

Oh yeah I forgot I promised a couple of people I would post some pics from North Korea. I'm not a good photographer, so photos that are worthy of uploading are few and far between.

Anyways, here are a few.

IMG_2000.jpg

IMG_2009.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg

IMG_2046.jpg

IMG_2055.jpg

IMG_2062.jpg

IMG_2071.jpg

IMG_2481.JPG

IMG_2507.JPG

IMG_2510.JPG

IMG_2525.JPG

IMG_2567.JPG

IMG_2572.JPG

so nk is as bad as it's made out to be?

Yes and no. Since I'm not a mind-reader I don't know how bad you think it is.

Awesome pics Chen, thanks for sharing. First one is gloomy af.

Yeah it was a foggy morning. One of my fav shots.

3 weeks of honeymoon travel complete. flew into dublin spent roughly 5 days there, flew over to scotland and was there for about 6 days before driving down into england and hopping around there for the remainder of the trip. a few driving close calls but no accidents. irish roads are nuts. favorite cities were probably galway, glasgow and paris.

pissed i never actually got to pet a sheep

i'm kinda insulted, our local specialite de la maison

Amsterdamagement hopefully in the new year with my bro and a mate, to celebrate an unexpected windfall, being alive & focusing on other things other than fuckin green, although of course a rigorous list of experiments is lined up for various concentrates

3 weeks of honeymoon travel complete. flew into dublin spent roughly 5 days there, flew over to scotland and was there for about 6 days before driving down into england and hopping around there for the remainder of the trip. a few driving close calls but no accidents. irish roads are nuts. favorite cities were probably galway, glasgow and paris.

pissed i never actually got to pet a sheep

where in england you go?

just back from me honeymoon too, spent 2 weeks on my home turf in Cymru and the glorious SW of England so the missus could meet her new in-laws. Came back to the 51st State on a transatlantic cruise - mad shit, thoroughly recommended! No photos cos my camera died lol

• 3 weeks later...

Oh yeah I forgot I promised a couple of people I would post some pics from North Korea. I'm not a good photographer, so photos that are worthy of uploading are few and far between.

Anyways, here are a few.

What is that huge building in the first picture?

Anyways, here are a few.

Pretty sure that's the Ryugyong Hotel. Seems to be one of Pyongyang's most famous landmarks.

Great thread, enjoyed reading through the pages :)

I went to Portugal, Germany and Belgium for short breaks this year and did a longer stint of 5 and a half weeks around Cuba and Mexico, was absolutely fantastic!

Planning 2016 travel at the moment, going from Naples -> Rome in Feb and then a longer Summer trip of Bangkok -> Singapore -> working across Java -> Stockholm -> back home. Can't wait!

Anyways, here are a few.

Pretty sure that's the Ryugyong Hotel. Seems to be one of Pyongyang's most famous landmarks.

Indeed it is. Been under construction forever!

I'm sure there are apps that do that soft defocus effect, and what's the filter called that makes everything look like a miniature model? I need that un.

ah, it's called Tilt Shift, a Photoshop effect.

Anyways, here are a few.

first photo looks like it could be an alternate cover for Tomorrow's Harvest

• 1 month later...

Beware of those Cuban ladies! :D

I'm thinking if I should take a short trip to Belarus this spring. Just Minsk probably. Has anybody been there?

I've been to some ex-soviet states (Russia, Ukraine, Armenia, Baltics) but I'm wondering how much different Belarus is from them?

I haven't traveled anywhere in several years. The farthest I traveled recently was into a small town in Savonia in the east of Finland. That said, I should probably travel more within my own country, but sometimes it's cheaper to get a flight to somewhere in Europe including accommodation than it would to travel to some nearby town in Finland and stay there.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone enlighten me on the current weed pass situation in Amsterdam? I've read it's enforced/it's not enforced. I was gonna meet a girl from the US there next Spring, but not if we can't toke up anymore. Of course, there are other things to do there, but c'mon. We will do some sightseeing so we're not TOTALLY backwards Americans, lol.