IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

So he took delivery of Snar2 three weeks ago, not sure if anyone's thought to look at the site considering it hadn't been updated in a few months.

http://logosfoundation.org/instrum_gwr/snar2.html

01.08.2014: <Snar2> , robosnare, left off for Albion.

how do you know he's been delivered of anything ?

not judging but sounds super creepy :wacko:

Tracklist is weird.. What does it mean?

sleuths speculated earlier in the thread..

korg minipops - minipops 67 (source field mix)

sequentia cirklon - cir[c]lon...

akai s950, yamaha tx16, ensoniq asr10 - s950tx16wasr10 (earth portal mix)

Why those instruments? Does Richard have a sponsorship with Akai, Yamaha and Ensoniq?? This seems so fake.

I thought he uses expensive synths like synthon fenix, synthi stuff and modular systems to the air plus computers. :wacko:

lol @ the idea of RDJ only using expensive synths

The impression I've always gotten is that he doesn't care what the gear is if it creates the desired results.

Completely agreed with that point of view, it's why I never quite got why people try and work out kit whenever there's a photo of a band. It's the ideas behind the music rather than the tech itself that's important.

The impression I've always gotten is that he doesn't care what the gear is if it creates the desired results.

Completely agreed with that point of view, it's why I never quite got why people try and work out kit whenever there's a photo of a band. It's the ideas behind the music rather than the tech itself that's important.

I agree w/ the everything is useful idea, but the gear, especially in this type of music is important if you're trying to chase a sound or figure out how or what specifically they're using ti make specific sounds is the reason why people get obsessed with checkout out gear

Edited by Icct

60 pages of thread and still haven't posted anything here, heh...

it was worth waiting so many years, no more "i want to believe" ufo memes, wow...

also I was already a bit sick and tired of "imminent" memes as well :tongue:

One of my little dreams come true, a proper, official Aphex Twin release, hopefully something different than Drukqs, I was sick of these lame ass imitators, most of fake Syro albums consist of fast Drukqs-like tracks, people are really idiots lacking imagination and creativity...but enough with that grumpiness, I'm really happy and wish good time for all of you.

Ps. I'm not drunk today.

don't tell me you are starting a analo/software war here

who cares about the gears used, we all know many excellent artist that can make outstanding music whatever the tool

Guest bitroast

don't tell me you are starting a analo/software war here

who cares about the gears used, we all know many excellent artist that can make outstanding music whatever the tool

no this is a expensive/affordable war !! where anything affordable is bad !!

Tracklist is weird.. What does it mean?

sleuths speculated earlier in the thread..

korg minipops - minipops 67 (source field mix)

sequentia cirklon - cir[c]lon...

akai s950, yamaha tx16, ensoniq asr10 - s950tx16wasr10 (earth portal mix)

Why those instruments? Does Richard have a sponsorship with Akai, Yamaha and Ensoniq?? This seems so fake.

I thought he uses expensive synths like synthon fenix, synthi stuff and modular systems to the air plus computers. :wacko:

Theyre just old samplers. he's known for recording his own samples and fucking them up!

I don't want to start wars or (start star wars) but you know who is the biggest Aphex imitator atm?

Venetian Snares :trollface:

He certainly has come up with a lot of different ways to retell the Milkman joke

why did people stop trying to figure out if there are any clues on that back cover?

last 13 pages of this thread have sucked

cuz we're not sure if it is the backcover amirite?

I don't want to start wars or (start star wars) but you know who is the biggest Aphex imitator atm?

Venetian Snares :trollface:

totally true in january we had this:

vJMXqD6.jpg

showing supposedly richards studio and out of a sudden in may we have this:

aM6M1vK.jpg

coincidence? :snares:

I guess there is some sort of venetian snares blimp soon

Edited by o00o

I have never seen that studio picture in my life. Fake !! (?)

The catstudio pic was apparently taken and uploaded to flickr by his girlfriend, but then quickly taken offline. Or something. Don't really know the whole story.

(ps. avatars need more chartreuse)