IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

fuckikgn retards. THere is a full length live recording of that ATP track. lazy fucks. just had to read the thread to find it or any of the unreleased live tracks threads.

Heh, that's my channel. I actually forgot about it. That track is ridiculous, can't wait...

Also, I'll have my HD650s ready by the time Syro comes out, wheee :w00t:

Alright with those three tracks on it, this will be the best album of all time. Case closed.

Alright with those three tracks on it, this will be the best album of all time. Case closed.

You aren't a fan of singapore track?

Sry for double post. On mobile.

Yea I luv Singapore. All only saw that Metz, Manchester and Singapore had been confirmed when I posted that. Everything is amazon. Album of forever

Edited by Friendly Foil

Bit gif happy today, decided to resurrect an old effort tucked away in the vaults from last year for boc...

ioiE2P0e3IuPg.gif

One of Joyrex's faves, if I remember rightly :wink:

YUSSSSS!

it amazes me that some people are annoyed these live tracks are on there because they have already heard them, even if the tracks havent changed much they are still going sound so much better in proper quality and all of them are as lush as fuck!

logakght, on 25 Aug 2014 - 10:29 AM, said:

Singapore track isn't that lush, IMHO

your honest opinion ain't that lush IMHO brah

Edited by StephenG

it amazes me that some people are annoyed these live tracks are on there because they have already heard them, even if the tracks havent changed much they are still going sound so much better in proper quality and all of them are as lush as fuck!

I'm not annoyed that these tracks are on the new release. I just don't want them to be the best tracks on it seeing as I've listened to them forever & thus will lack any major surprise. I wanted 100% surprise for purely selfish reasons. I would agree that the mixes are probably different to some degree & will undoubtedly sound a million times better. I'm hoping Joyrex's foreshadowing implies he's heard Syro somehow & the tracks we haven't heard are beyond the tracks already discussed. But, seeing as Rich has played those tracks in the past to an audience, I would venture to think those are the ones he feels are "best" & what is on the album may be less than.

In any case, we have 2 more albums to look forward to after Syro. :whistling:

Edited by olo

yeah it's the atp/minehead and it's track 4. i condensed that to at/m then just atm in my head without telling anyone. heh / doh.

jasondonervan - did you get a youtube message for the ATP/minehead track or did you not try that one?

he did try meinhend (jason called it the atm track) and he did get a copyright notice, track 10 i think.

Not me - coolandfrank caught that one, and it was track 4.

i've never listened to any of the metz, manchester or singapore tracks. ever. something about my ocd and them not being "official" (whatever that means) that I just don't care.

it will sound fresh to me!! I'm so excited.

I'm not annoyed that these tracks are on the new release. I just don't want them to be the best tracks on it seeing as I've listened to them forever & thus will lack any major surprise. I wanted 100% surprise for purely selfish reasons. I would agree that the mixes are probably different to some degree & will undoubtedly sound a million times better. I'm hoping Joyrex's foreshadowing implies he's heard Syro somehow & the tracks we haven't heard are beyond the tracks already discussed. But, seeing as Rich has played those tracks in the past to an audience, I would venture to think those are the ones he feels are "best" & what is on the album may be less than.

In any case, we have 2 more albums to look forward to after Syro. :whistling:

If you were a true fanboy you would never question the quality of an afx record. You're cured, go forth and enjoy all other musics there upon you....

naaaah sorry just kidding, it's gona be top notch plus those dj tracks, richie wont let you down

I knew I could count on appropriate replies at Watmm :)

Thing is, so far Aphex has always changed with every release. If he is now - after 13 years of Aphex Twin hiatus - is coming with the same stuff he has released a few years ago, it's pretty lame to me. E.g. I wouldn't want another ICBYD today. I wanted it in 1995, yes and still love it, yes. But not having a follow-up of it.

there is a quote from thelonious monk, i'm paraphrasing here: who gives a fuck if the sound is new—is it good?

metz track is one of the most beautiful sounds i've ever heard. sorry, but if you're obsessing about innovation, and being this dejected/pouty before you've heard the album, you can fuck off.

honestly one of the best/most sensible things said on here ever, bravo

Seconded.

Guest jasondonervan

ha that was fast. they owe us a ref :)

FACT just scrounged it* direct from CoS as well. I guess they thought we'd all be too busy sniffing glue to notice them not citing WATMM a source properly... almost as if there were... some anonymity there...

Also lel at them giving it the 'Aphex Twin allegedly performed these tracks live' (don't commit yourself too much, eh?), mention a copyright claim from WARP, but go no further than linking to an imgur repost of my original screenshot.

Keep up the good jerb, FACT!

*Not dignifying them with a link to their article

i've never listened to any of the metz, manchester or singapore tracks. ever. something about my ocd and them not being "official" (whatever that means) that I just don't care.

You're in for a chartreuse auralgasmic injection dr.

Allow me to play devils advocate for a sec, I'm just curious as to why minipops was the only one labeled as "Manchester Track" on the Warp site.

You think if Metz or Singapore were on the release too, they might've been labelled as well. I don't know

Edited by YELLOW

You're in for a chartreuse auralgasmic injection dr.

All aboard the Chartruese Moose!

(Don't forget the jars of urine.)

Allow me to play devils advocate for a sec, I'm just curious as to why minipops was the only one labeled as "Manchester Track" on the Warp site.

You think if Metz or Singapore were on the release too, they might've been labelled as well. I don't know

Did you not see jasondonervan's amazing work earlier? You should catch up on the thread.

Playing, um, Jesus's advocate in response, they may have just thought that was enough information to create excitement without making it seem like "Pritchard Ut00b Greatest Hits for Ca$h" (even if most of us would be fine with that). Although I agree that, based on popularity/youtube views/etc., it would have made more sense to also identify Metz, but not necessarily Singapore or ATP.

It also could be that some of them have changed significantly enough that it wouldn't really feel accurate to continue to identify them that way, although the copyright notice cuts against that idea, to me at least.

maybe they've changed a bit...