IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

i also was listening to some of my favorite tunes, so i spent almost the whole night doing this, and felt asleep with this stuck in my head

this is exactly the kind of melodies i expect, not the same rhythm pattern but i really want this complex arpegiated melodies

i agree with some rasta cool dude, Freddies and cute puppy that RDJ will go more melancholic and romantic, we all tend to go that way with age.

Back in 1995 I sometimes played this tune for hours and hours. It was drugs for me.

Guest Chesney

I wish I was joking. These are either real or the most intensely rdj studied and rehearsed fakes. I have not followed this car crash of a thread so can someone post up any full album fakes/leaks so I can compare?

Saying that though, some tracks harken to past material which would suggest the above latter.

Edited by Chesney

even though there are these recordings of metz etc they obviously do not catch the detail & sutitles of the track so we will all still get a big suprise when we listen to the mastered album version, its abit like reading a good synopsis of film but not knowing how it will fold out.

I'm kinda less hyped about Syro now. I love metz/singapore/manchester, but I've heard them a thousand times already. I have a fear those will be the best tracks on the new album & the rest of the tracks won't live up to the hype-machine, 13 year drought expectations. Really, expecting a perfect album from front to back from Rich is completely unrealistic imo. This could be the worst comment in the thread so far, but it's how I'm feeling. I hope I'm proven wrong.

I agree that you shouldn't expect a perfect album from front to back. That seems to be the problem a lot of people had with the BOC release last year. It wasn't really a 13 year drought, though: more like 7.

Yea, I wasn't really counting analord/Tuss, I kind of put them in a different category. I was just going back to druqks for some reason.

I wish I was joking. These are either real or the most intensely rdj studied and rehearsed fakes. I have not followed this car crash of a thread so can someone post up any full album fakes/leaks so I can compare?

Saying that though, some tracks harken to past material which would suggest the above latter.

Read the rules

Guest Gravity

I'm happy we're getting studio versions, but fuckkk I wish I hadn't blasted them 1,000,000 times over the last few years...

Edited by Gravity

I'm happy we're getting studio versions, but fuckkk i wish i hadn't blasted them 1,000,000 times over the last few years...

i've barely listened to any of the unreleased live tracks, so i'm a happy camper

Guest Gravity

I'm happy we're getting studio versions, but fuckkk i wish i hadn't blasted them 1,000,000 times over the last few years...

i've barely listened to any of the unreleased live tracks, so i'm a happy camper

They're fantastic. Only diff is that I know them really well, so yah. Oh well who gives a shit, there are 10 more tracks anyway with that bonus one!

Edited by Gravity

has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

So either the whole stuff jasondonervan has come up with is part of the great marketing campaign by Warp incl. taking the piss of Watmmers. Or Syro will be just a luck-warm follow-up to Analord and The Tuss.

Metz track, luke warm (luck warm isn't a thing), are you fucking serious?

I think it's great these 4 tracks are confirmed for the release. More Tuss like tracks! I was afraid I would be let down by the next release. I'm already very happy. Funky acid bass lines and crystal clear drum fuckery FTW!

Guest Chesney

metz is not on the release.

have the track lengths been confirmed at all?

and stop with the read the rules shit, what is that?

Guest jasondonervan

Japan bonuses, hadn't seen these before. Apologies if jazz.

2a26ea7807ef63ab827fade8c036c30a.jpg

Clear file

8b228233026a5e9945f9a9f4cdb52e8b.jpg

Shopping bag

And for all those who've ordered from Amazon Japan, you might get a magnet in with your CD... I got the Japan-only bonus stickers with Exai last year, so they don't have a problem sending them with international orders.

Edited by jasondonervan

Guest Gravity

It'd be great if that face fold pic was a case for all versions of the album, would make it fit in with his older covers and win nostalgia points. I like it anyway, juss sayin'.

metz is not on the release.

have the track lengths been confirmed at all?

and stop with the read the rules shit, what is that?

If you've read them you know what we mean by them :)

Metz has just been confirmed. You can't expect the track lengths to be the same as the live ones, for obvious reasons. You can however match the BPM's, which have been released.

So there are already four tracks identified. Nice work! :music:

I knew I could count on appropriate replies at Watmm :)

Thing is, so far Aphex has always changed with every release. If he is now - after 13 years of Aphex Twin hiatus - is coming with the same stuff he has released a few years ago, it's pretty lame to me. E.g. I wouldn't want another ICBYD today. I wanted it in 1995, yes and still love it, yes. But not having a follow-up of it.