IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Guest BunnyRabbit

i'm still patiently waiting for that fking noyze interview

Word to the mother.

Could Joyrex's thing be a TV or radio appearance? Mary-Anne Hobbs? Later??!

Edited by BunnyRabbit

Cannot believe some of you guys still have not received your orders. You cannot blame Bleep for that. I received my order in New Zealand on release day (though it was delivered to the wrong house). My lovely neighbour dropped it round on Monday 22nd. Also, it was bleep that released the mp3s early due to the leak so I got to hear it legitimately on Friday afternoon prior to its release. Bleep rocks.

They shipped it the day before the release. It couldn't have arrived in time or anywhere near the release date. I wouldn't mind a few days, it's a few thousand kilometers after all (I don't get how the US can get it sooner though), but on friday it's two weeks after the release. Why not just ship it sooner?

Ah right. Fair enough. I got my "your item has shipped" well in advance. Therein lies the difference. Sorry you guys have to wait.

I live in Australia and have still not received my pre-order from Bleep. They were selling it here in stores on the 19th.....

lol sorry but are you living in a cave or something ?

Ha. Brisbane has commonly been referred to as a hole - but not a cave.

It says it was shipped on the 16th.

A friend in Bris who also pre-ordered also does not have a copy yet either

Customs officers having a back office rave?

I didnt know Brispane until i googled it, looks really nice , was expecting some wasteland style somwhere in Australia

brisbane-and-story-bridge.jpg

It's not so great, people like me live there.

That would make sense, given the amount of publicity this has generated. Hope it isn't Later though, the thought of that smug little twat Jools Holland introducing the set is almost unbearable.

Edit: or even worse - JH joining in with some boogie-woogie piano...

Edited by balbulus

Guest Chesney

what is this? mind to share a larger image?

Yeah sorry, looks like it's engraved into the card.

2heae4z.jpg

I have never seen this before. Is it blank on the back side?

Glossy Charteuse. Looks screen printed.

2jtt9i.jpg

40 odd pages back

Guest BunnyRabbit

That would make sense, given the amount of publicity this has generated. Hope it isn't Later though, the thought of that smug little twat Jools Holland introducing the set is almost unbearable.

Edit: or even worse - JH joining in with some boogie-woogie piano...

I would put up with that to see the performance. I don't think he will though - unless he's planning on touring proper live, which I highly doubt.

Radio though...

Cannot believe some of you guys still have not received your orders. You cannot blame Bleep for that. I received my order in New Zealand on release day (though it was delivered to the wrong house). My lovely neighbour dropped it round on Monday 22nd. Also, it was bleep that released the mp3s early due to the leak so I got to hear it legitimately on Friday afternoon prior to its release. Bleep rocks.

They shipped it the day before the release. It couldn't have arrived in time or anywhere near the release date. I wouldn't mind a few days, it's a few thousand kilometers after all (I don't get how the US can get it sooner though), but on friday it's two weeks after the release. Why not just ship it sooner?

Ah right. Fair enough. I got my "your item has shipped" well in advance. Therein lies the difference. Sorry you guys have to wait.

I live in Australia and have still not received my pre-order from Bleep. They were selling it here in stores on the 19th.....

I didnt know Brispane until i googled it, looks really nice , was expecting some wasteland style somwhere in Australia

are you joking ? Its a big modern city with a beautiful ocean but well i stop now because its about Syro where is the fking interview!!!!!!

are you joking ? Its a big modern city with a beautiful ocean but well i stop now because its about Syro where is the fking interview!!!!!!

I was being self depreciating, whilst stating that I live there.

Calm before the storm it seems... Joyrex being very quiet (hopefully because of something cool) I just hope this calm isn't for 7+ years.

my vinyl came 8 days after release date. got a sticker. lol wtf bbq

same, no drop card like a lot of others did.

lets get this straight:

1. bleep stocks Ann Arbor based depot for US Syro releases scheduled for release day delivery.

2. creates shipping labels on Friday before release

3. pre-orders arrive (1) week after release date.

Calm before the storm it seems... Joyrex being very quiet (hopefully because of something cool) I just hope this calm isn't for 7+ years.

5 years is ok tho imo.

5 is fair

Guest progben

Had a week off Syro (to freshen up the album, and to keep my sanity intact) and it's definitely different after a break.

I've found myself loving (in particular) xmaseve, produk and papat a lot more. I feel less interested in the more complex tracks, but I'm enjoying them more in a less analytical way (just nodding my head, etc). I'm still not that into the final two tracks - I think the crazy/soft balance they try and get over is much better executed on Drukqs - but they are still good nonetheless.

In any case, good to have this album back in my ears! I think Pitchfork's 8.7 is probably about spot on if I were to rate it. 9+ would be reserved for Drukqs, my custom best-of Analord, Rushup Edge & SAWII.

Hey Joyrex, maybe you could give us a date as to when your planing on giving us some big news... :wink:

:rtfm: Can we add a 'thou shalt not hype unnecessarily' to the rules? I feel it's implied anyway but still...

hehe. Too bad he also mentioned that there's a chance it won't be a thing, whatever it is.

A few emails the other day bolstered my resolve that this will most likely happen, so stay tuned! Still in the planning stages, so sorry I can't share anything at the moment. Hopefully I'll have something to say by Monday - who knows though.

Hey Joyrex, maybe you could give us a date as to when your planing on giving us some big news... :wink:

:rtfm: Can we add a 'thou shalt not hype unnecessarily' to the rules? I feel it's implied anyway but still...

hehe. Too bad he also mentioned that there's a chance it won't be a thing, whatever it is.

A few emails the other day bolstered my resolve that this will most likely happen, so stay tuned! Still in the planning stages, so sorry I can't share anything at the moment. Hopefully I'll have something to say by Monday - who knows though.
Gaaaaah!!

2much tease man!

Excited anyways!

Excitement overload

Imminent overload

double fixed.

also, cool jr

Edited by olo

monday??? i was hoping to finally leave the forums and live a normal life, like normal people, since no announcement apparently, but noooooooo....

btw great news!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU0Ypufo6BM&feature=player_detailpage