IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Joyrex has said that it will not be new music whatever they have planned, no AMA or no interview related.. he definitely knows how to hype people, because I have no idea.

It's not new music. Maybe melodies from mars?

- Richard: "gunna release a lot of my old back catalogue in the nr future on Warp"
- Richard: "I just need Warp or someone to come around and say, ‘Come on, let's fucking get these things out.’"
- 4Chan post that has been correct so far said 2 albums from Richard this year. (Badger artwork?)
- "1. Syro 2. Melodies from Mars 3. Electro-mechanical stuff. 4. Boxset 85-95. 5. New album post-Syro." JR: Two out of three ain't bad...
Probably just wishful thinking, though. I love that album to death.
New old shit is imminent.

Guest HokusPoker

i'm too scared to peel the sticker off the plastic, i just know i'd fuck it up.

I was scared at first as well, but it's really easy. Doesn't stick too firmly on it and it seems to be properly made, it's not one of those papery stickers.

I finally got my vinyl today. The courier just leaned it against the door. Cool. Thank god nobody read the vinyl sized signs called Bleep, London correctly.

I was about to say that it definitely sounds different from the MP3, and that unfortunately that deep wobbling sound at 3:43 in s950 lost a bit of its power, but relistening to the MP3 now, I'm not so sure anymore.

By the way, I just peeled that sticker from the plastic packaging off and put it on the sleeve. Looks fantastic, just like it's supposed to and no sticker wasted.

That's exactly what I did. I felt proud of myself.. No sticker wasted! And man, I like the idea of the cover but it's in desperate need of a bit of color so that did the trick. Still don't know what to do with the big one. hrrmmm.

We should throw it away, just because WE don't need it.

dude you gave it one play :cerious:

i know. could be too quick off the mark, but i'd normally say i know very quickly when something's working for me.

just think of the precious money you spend on the album and exploit it with countless listens

Joyrex has said that it will not be new music whatever they have planned, no AMA or no interview related.. he definitely knows how to hype people, because I have no idea.

It's not new music. Maybe melodies from mars?

- Richard: "gunna release a lot of my old back catalogue in the nr future on Warp"
- Richard: "I just need Warp or someone to come around and say, ‘Come on, let's fucking get these things out.’"
- 4Chan post that has been correct so far said 2 albums from Richard this year. (Badger artwork?)
- "1. Syro 2. Melodies from Mars 3. Electro-mechanical stuff. 4. Boxset 85-95. 5. New album post-Syro." JR: Two out of three ain't bad...
Probably just wishful thinking, though. I love that album to death.
New old shit is imminent.

it's not MFM, Joyrex confirmed, and i honestly don't think it has to do anything with music at all.

putting old music on bandcamp is not as exiting as 2nd LP as well, we already have the songs

and there was 2 albums from richard this year - CW and Syro. ofc CW may have been "unplanned", but who knows...

maybe a new religion and kickstarter building of a church?

or book of photo-works with vulgar poems (he's been loving photography for a long time i remember)?

videoclip on every song of Syro (since Joyrex posted it in Syro thread)

anything

Edited by Mag

i kept my head down and avoided 99% of the press and reaction to this album. had my first listen last night. terrible. don't know how to explain it. just an hour of shuffling drums (+ bit o piano). hadn't waited for it, didn't get excited by it's arrival. just knew i would buy it. can't see what charm or mystery there is in it.

also reported.
By his post logboy has levelled up defense against the dark farts. He's untouchable I'm afraid.

not untouchable, obviously, but ... trying to say that although i am aware of the interest, i've not been starved of new RDJ work like the 'first album in 13 years' crowd seem to think we've all been, and i've been listening to other stuff - of which there is plenty, but just not as good as richard at his best. also, probably every new release of his since the early 90's has been imperfect but fascinating enough. this one was fascinating from a marketing and hype perspective, but the music is just not there for me.

You obviously haven't read my initial impressions moment and it's freaking panic. Nor the subsequent sparky let's take down in twenty seconds post in a thread existing on another subforum.

Dude you are now initiated into

Well actually you're not but you could have been you were so close.

Was a lol on my (car)drive the other morning, I was able to screen out the piggy oink noise for once. I don't think BTW that learning to screen out shitty noise equates to, 'the brain accepting new patternage'.

Hey Joyrex, maybe you could give us a date as to when your planing on giving us some big news... :wink:

:rtfm: Can we add a 'thou shalt not hype unnecessarily' to the rules? I feel it's implied anyway but still...

hehe. Too bad he also mentioned that there's a chance it won't be a thing, whatever it is.

A few emails the other day bolstered my resolve that this will most likely happen, so stay tuned! Still in the planning stages, so sorry I can't share anything at the moment. Hopefully I'll have something to say by Monday - who knows though.

All I can say is yay! (I'll continue to speculate but in my own head for now.. I think we have pretty much covered all possibilities 100x over) *cough archives...*

I reckon I know what it is, and if it's what my wandering mind thinks, it will be a rare and mellifluous treat for young and old. I'm not going to beanspill though, because that would be rambunctious and spoil the party! Really, every man on this excellent collective ought not to rabbit on, leave it to Joyrex to come up with the goods, it will be good goods.

Remember to factor in that joyrex was concerned about the excess bandwidth needed after the announcement. I'm thinking its new old music or some sort of distribution for music

Remember to factor in that joyrex was concerned about the excess bandwidth needed after the announcement. I'm thinking its new old music or some sort of distribution for music

I'm thinking that an AMA would also require some heavy bandwidth. Right?

Also, if Richard wanted to premiere a video on WATMM ( like in the dream I had with the midget on the playground wearing an Aphex mask), that could require a bump in bandwidth :)

first time full album on acid. wheres that stepheng traead about suff he asid. focking epic. the music of gods no less

u wot m8?

:emotawesomepm9:

i luv yeeeee ^^

its so mindblowing fuck me

first time full album on acid. wheres that stepheng traead about suff he asid. focking epic. the music of gods no less

u wot m8?

i luv yeeeee ^^

we got a poser

u wot m8?

i luv yeeeee ^^

we got a poser

we got a dickhead

edit: srry m8 I meant to add :flower:

Edited by StephenG

I finally got my vinyl today. The courier just leaned it against the door. Cool. Thank god nobody read the vinyl sized signs called Bleep, London correctly.

I was about to say that it definitely sounds different from the MP3, and that unfortunately that deep wobbling sound at 3:43 in s950 lost a bit of its power, but relistening to the MP3 now, I'm not so sure anymore.

By the way, I just peeled that sticker from the plastic packaging off and put it on the sleeve. Looks fantastic, just like it's supposed to and no sticker wasted.

That's exactly what I did. I felt proud of myself.. No sticker wasted! And man, I like the idea of the cover but it's in desperate need of a bit of color so that did the trick. Still don't know what to do with the big one. hrrmmm.

I took the sticker off, put the LP in a fresh plastic sleeve, and put the sticker on that.

Smart move. I as well; this.

Guest cult fiction

I love the songwriting on Syro but the production has increasingly sounded off to me. When I listen to the album at anything less than really loud it comes off really 'pumpy'. I know everybody's been talking about how compressed it is, but upon comparing it to Rushup Edge it seems like the mastering is pretty rough

1yROlT2.jpg

Just about every song on Rushup Edge is louder than similar songs on Syro from a pure a-weighted db perspective but they sound better. I keep thinking if Syro was mixed & mastered like Rushup Edge it would best it.

I have the vinyl sitting here but my turntable is out of commission due to baby right now. Does anybody have a nice rip they could share, I will happily provide photographic proof of my ownership.

wow forget fagtano

If you could please not use bigoted insults, you'll save yourself a lifetime banning.

its not a bigoted insult its just a coincidence with the name his way is spelt

if his name was anthony hastardtano i'd say "wow forget bastardtano" and that isn't bigoted

wow forget fagtano

If you could please not use bigoted insults, you'll save yourself a lifetime banning.

if his name was anthony hastardtano i'd say "wow forget bastardtano" and that isn't bigoted

lol

edit: /thread

Edited by MIXL2

wow forget fagtano

lol

edit: /thread

:sleep: