IGNORED

Ae_Krakow

eclipsis

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a little album art if anyone's interested

Was going to say I discovered Autechre through a Tool interview.

whoa, really?

Not surprising since I remember Carey picking the Gantz Graf video when he and MJK hosted some music video program.

even though i'm not a Tool fan I have to give credit to them for introducing people to Tim and Eric too. Apparently one of the guys from Tool owns a winery and a bunch of people I know first saw Tim and Eric in his documentary about it .

Great news! The beautiful guy who recorded the WARP25 set is gonna update the archive.org site with an unmodified .flac recording soon!

https://archive.org/details/Autechre-Warp25-Krakow

Amni, John Ehrlichman, you're gonna have work to do! :biggrin:

great news indeed!

we should do a kickstarter for viennese coffee & british gear in aid of our kind watmmasterers' task!!

Guest fucktechre

Great news! The beautiful guy who recorded the WARP25 set is gonna update the archive.org site with an unmodified .flac recording soon!

https://archive.org/details/Autechre-Warp25-Krakow

Amni, John Ehrlichman, you're gonna have work to do! :biggrin:

great news indeed!

we should do a kickstarter for viennese coffee & british gear in aid of our kind watmmasterers' task!!

I'm glad you brought up crowd-funding because I had an idea a few weeks ago which I hadn't aired, mainly, a common fund for the purchase of portable concert recording gear and shipping. We can iron out the details as we go, but for example if we bought a few devices and stored them in various places around the world, we could get recordings of all of their gigs, more or less.

we are the bootleg makers.

that's a very interesting idea, although i'm a bit skeptical how that would work...

however, on a similar note: i guess the equipment & know how is right here already - there sure are some watmmers in any greater city in at least europe, north america and australia who own a decent portable recorder & maybe even a good mic & know how to use it! it's simply a question of arranging who does it where using what! :cisfor:

Guest WNS000

What if we did a crowd funding directly for Ae to simply give us an official, full-quality access to their live material?

What if we did a crowd funding directly for Ae to simply give us an official, full-quality access to their live material?

It's not a money issue. They just don't want to do it.

That's just some stupid idea to bribe an artist to release something he doesn't believe in. I can't believe such a king of morals like you would even suggest it.

Guest WNS000

Then fair enough I guess.

Guest fucktechre

I also found that offensive but presumed that it was targeted at me. Anyways:

Since Æ don't have anything against bootlegging the money could go to hire local professionals to record their shows with quality gear.

Auxien is actually incorrect, in the AAA they suggested that they may do it at some point

Guest WNS000

Auxien is actually incorrect, in the AAA they suggested that they may do it at some point

I hope so.

That's just some stupid idea to bribe an artist to release something he doesn't believe in. I can't believe such a king of morals like you would even suggest it.

lol

we were discussing this recently (milking it for all it's worth)

the main barrier is the sheer amount of it we would have to go through, it's a few months work i reckon, if it was going to be comprehensive (and that's hard cos the archive is WELL patchy)

and we were debating what we'd actually do with it as well

ie. whether it's better to stitch the best bits of different gigs together (like a lot of 70s/80s live albums did) or to release them slightly edited (george lucas), or to touch them up here and there sonically, or leave them totally untouched

it's our style to release them untouched really - but they would sound a bit weak if we left them 100% intact cos they were mixed for a live rig, and what sounds good mixed in a venue can sound terrible as a 2 track master played at home (a bit better really loud on cans but never quite right)

the fact that we would prob end up messing with the sound sets off my autism and makes me want to make other changes

also there is a bit of a source consistency issue, as in the gigs that were recorded were prob not the best examples of any given set (it was always venues doing the recording, we would just be given a DAT at the end), and a lot of the best captures were actually by fans, so we'd have to try tracking people down to get WAVs of stuff we only currently have as MPEG or whatever

on that tour we wanted to keep it as live as we could. just depends, on the oversteps tour we tried to record as much as we could, we have soundboards for over half of them. no plans for any of it we just wanted to try recording everything

in the past whenever one got recorded it was the venue doing it, so now and then we would be handed a DAT at the end of the night, as a result we don't have anything like a comprehensive archive

and usually the mix sounds wrong cos it was mixed for the venue

this has been discussed a few times

if we can get it so the mix sounds decent enough in both contexts then yeah i reckon we might give it a go sometime

the last tour we recorded everything as a kind of feasibility test and we liked the results

A few quotes from the AAA. Apparently they're considering it/have tested it, but are obviously worried about delivering a quality product. I would love for them to release some sets, but it doesn't seem too likely. More possible than I thought (I think I was remembering pre-AAA interviews or something? hell if I know, my memory is shit...), but I'm not holding my breath just yet.

Since Æ don't have anything against bootlegging the money could go to hire local professionals to record their shows with quality gear.

this sounds like a good idea

it sounds like they allowed pretty much this at the Krakow gig, as I believe both recordings said something like 'with permission from sean and rob'. I highly doubt they'd let a stranger bootleg it straight from the board though since they've said many times they prefer room recordings. Very unlikely that the 2nd recording in Krakow was done in a clandestine/sly way, if it was i think it would have sounded far shittier.

here is a new remaster that has a little less high end, I also tried to preserve but tame more of the boomy bass. Each 'song' was mastered a little differently to bring out the best parts of each.

>this master is designed for playing loud<

The download might be slow since I made a flac instead of mp3 to avoid transcoding.

AEKRAKOWFGREYREMASTER(V2-11DIFFCHAINS)

would you mind reupping this, pretty please? also: does it feature the first 3 or so minutes missing? (taken from the first recording)? :*

Guest fucktechre

it sounds like they allowed pretty much this at the Krakow gig, as I believe both recordings said something like 'with permission from sean and rob'. I highly doubt they'd let a stranger bootleg it straight from the board though since they've said many times they prefer room recordings. Very unlikely that the 2nd recording in Krakow was done in a clandestine/sly way, if it was i think it would have sounded far shittier.

FYI the location @ WARP25 was basically crawling with, undiplomatic security. The venue also specifically forbade recording of any kind including photos. It didn't take ninjitsu to bring equipment in, but you had to keep it undercover, rather, that was the official policy.

Archived