IGNORED

Thom Yorke - Tomorrow's Modern Boxes

lawrenke

Guest bitroast

lololol I like that :emotawesomepm9:

Thanks for all the info too, I don't know a lot about radiohead or thom yorke. :beer:

:beer:

pigster is the fucking man

:beer:

lol

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it. Can't say I'm a big Radiohead or Thom Yorke listener, but this came out of nowhere and I thought I'd give it a listen.

Does anyone else appreciate records more when they just drop out of the sky? whether you're a fan or a new listener of said artist, you go in with no expectations because of the timing of it and I think that's more a benefit to the album in itself.

Guys, don't mess with The Eraser! Eraser is fantastic, especially if you also love Thom for the singing.

Now I had time for a full listen to this new album. Initial thoughts:

1. Solid. Overall interesting, a lot to revisit.

2. No initial favourite (but I have some ideas).

3. I want to see Thom dancing to Mother Lode!

4. As for dancing: Thom>John Travolta

Negative side: It seems I cannot sing to this. It does not have as much focus on Thoms singing as Eraser.

But my first conclusion is: Bravo!

Guys, don't mess with The Eraser! Eraser is fantastic, especially if you also love Thom for the singing.

Now I had time for a full listen to this new album. Initial thoughts:

1. Solid. Overall interesting, a lot to revisit.

2. No initial favourite (but I have some ideas).

3. I want to see Thom dancing to Mother Lode!

4. As for dancing: Thom>John Travolta

Negative side: It seems I cannot sing to this. It does not have as much focus on Thoms singing as Eraser.

But my first conclusion is: Bravo!

Yeah I agree about his singing, I love The Eraser and the fact it actually has catchy sing-along songs in there.

Am not one of these people who want Radiohead and Thom to go back to their earlier stuff but I think he is at his best when he realises that you can do both, I think The Eraser and TKOL both have good examples of that.. This new one is ace but he is hiding his singing most of the time in the mix and mumbling away not that that’s necessarily a bad thing but I also enjoy being able to sing along to Thom!

Having side that in terms of overall atmosphere and vibe this is up there with his best stuff and it will no doubt open up more with repeat listens.

I feel that There Is No Ice (For My Drink) is going to be the really underrated track from the album. Which is a shame, because it sets such a creepy atmosphere, and on headphones, it sounds absolutely orgasmic. :music:

Definitely my favorite tune on the album so far!

I listened Tomorrow's and The Eraser back to back, and I must admit that I prefer this new record.

Between sessions of Syro, it's perfect.

Feeling blessed to get such great music these days !

As in almost all TY/RH threads, I find myself agreeing with pretty much every post from pigster and jules.

I liked this on first listen, particularly Guess Again! It seemed to meander a little during the second half though, not bad but I need to give it the time it deserves to maybe let it sink in.

Anyone else a fan of Thom's piano pieces. Thinking in particular of Like Spinning Plates' live incarnation, The Daily Mail, I Want None Of This, I Froze Up etc. Guess Again! sounds like he took one of those type tracks and decided to fuck it up into something amazing. I would like him to put out more solo piano tracks.

Archived