IGNORED

RIP Mark Bell

jhonny

Guest murphythecat8

No, no no. Loss for words. Some great epitaphs in this thread already.

what a track!

This is a really sad news. Great production skills and great musician. I hope everything he was sitting on will be release.

RIP

When I was really into Bjork, I much preferred homeopathic to vespertine.

Edited by murphythecat8

Love that track, and the 12" it's sat on

R-494794-1360244249-3267.jpeg

Oh yeah, that's the split with AFX, totally forgot I had it, will have to give it a blast in his memory

Oh yeah, that's the split with AFX, totally forgot I had it, will have to give it a blast in his memory

The better side of that split IMO....

The better side of that split IMO....

I agree. Flu-shot was the best track in that game for sure. Much love for LFO and wipeout. Both were important to me as a wee teen and still are. Rest well Mr. Bell.

anyone know where one could download those "Clark" tracks?

soulseek seems to be the only source.

It would be nice if someone could immortalize him with a big complete discography torrent, listed on TPB and all other big sites. Some of those other aliases can be really hard to track down.

"clark - christo" is a really sensational track. I found it coincidentally some years ago on one of those glorious youtube channels where people just dig through vinyl shops...

Edited by conjugacy

anyone know where one could download those "Clark" tracks?

soulseek seems to be the only source.

It would be nice if someone could immortalize him with a big complete discography torrent, listed on TPB and all other big sites. Some of those other aliases can be really hard to track down.

"clark - christo" is a really sensational track. I found it coincidentally some years ago on one of those glorious youtube channels where people just dig through vinyl shops...

Those eerie sweeping synths........

I once made bell happy over on xlt by bringing up christo; I should have pressed the issue and gotten flacs! Argh.

Was at some club the other night, the music was universally shitty until the DJ slipped in a remix of "Freak". I think I cummed a little.

like, we were at that club

Guest bitroast

Squarepusher facebook post - https://www.facebook.com/squarepusher/posts/10152447999217849

Mark Bell

I first heard 'LFO' at a house party when I was fifteen. Suddenly a huge expanse of machine music was being illuminated by neon strobes, in the darkness of suburban Essex. It sounded vast and alien. That moment fundamentally changed my outlook on music. How did LFO make sequencers sound so powerful and strange?

Years later, I was lucky enough to share the stage with Mark on a number of occasions, including the last show at the London Astoria and more recently at Sonar Reykjavik. He never failed to deliver a cracking show. And I always enjoyed hanging out with him - he was unpretentious, funny, kind.

I just listened to 'LFO' again - and it still sends shivers up my spine. That's where my fascination with electronic music began. I owe that to Mark Bell.

Guest jasondonervan

Squarepusher facebook post - https://www.facebook.com/squarepusher/posts/10152447999217849

Mark Bell

I first heard 'LFO' at a house party when I was fifteen. Suddenly a huge expanse of machine music was being illuminated by neon strobes, in the darkness of suburban Essex. It sounded vast and alien. That moment fundamentally changed my outlook on music. How did LFO make sequencers sound so powerful and strange?

Years later, I was lucky enough to share the stage with Mark on a number of occasions, including the last show at the London Astoria and more recently at Sonar Reykjavik. He never failed to deliver a cracking show. And I always enjoyed hanging out with him - he was unpretentious, funny, kind.

I just listened to 'LFO' again - and it still sends shivers up my spine. That's where my fascination with electronic music began. I owe that to Mark Bell.

That Sonar Reykjavik night was indeed lush. Fond memories.

• 2 weeks later...