IGNORED

Better Call Saul (spoilers ahoy)

Rubin Farr

Is there anyone left still looking to kill him? I'm betting he'll get popped in the final season.

The way Breaking Bad ended, I don't think there was anyone left alive who would want to kill him, and his legal skills could get him out of any alleged association with Heisenberg. I get the impression that the b&w scenes of him in Cinnabon world are a self-imposed prison born from fear, and would bet that this series will end with him reclaiming his life & becoming a legitimate lawyer again.

Or maybe that's just me really wanting it to have a happy ending.

I think each season will show another little piece of the after story, but it has to end with him meeting a gruesome end. If you subscribe to the theory that Walking Dead exists after BB and BCS then you know there are no happy endings.

Highly intriguing opener to the season - I'm guessing that the "playuh" ends up as one of Saul's clients? My man's hummer was off the chain.

Also Mike is still one of the best characters ever.

Highly intriguing opener to the season - I'm guessing that the "playuh" ends up as one of Saul's clients? My man's hummer was off the chain.

Also Mike is still one of the best characters ever.

that was a fantastic bit of tv, really is the best thing ever. lol @ giselle st. clair.

How would y'all rate the writing (etc) compared to BB?

I prefer the writing in BCS. The story and the acting are given a lot more breathing room. It's very confident and less sensationalistic than BB.

Yeah, similar writing style to BB, slower pace, character development is more nuanced. Both shows are great. Mike's character feels like a strong link between the series, since even though Mike is in a different place in his life in BCS, his wisdom and attitude is really consistent. Mike is always Mike, always the voice of reason.