IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

Seems like there's been increasing rancor towards YT lately from alleged demonitizing getting more and more widespread. I've seen one major channel with 4.5 M subscribers close up shop just two days ago. Guess she decided to take it a step further.

It's unfortunate. Now backlash against vegans and animal rights activists is likely because of her actions, especially from the right.

vegan goth? not sure if possible. sad if tru.

YouTube is really starting to fly off the handle, they’ve made it obvious they can’t handle or in ways even understand their own platform. You all with money should consider investing in some alternatives...thought Facebook was going to offer some viable competition, but they’re floundering right now too.

I considered YT for potential income via ad revenue earlier this year, but the way things are going now it's highly unlikely. And I already quit FB right before all the latest controversy.

Best thing about YT right now is the abundance of memes, shitposts, and tutorials.

I considered YT for potential income via ad revenue earlier this year, but the way things are going now it's highly unlikely. And I already quit FB right before all the latest controversy.

Best thing about YT right now is the abundance of memes, shitposts, and tutorials.

you need 1000 subscribers to your channel to be eligible for ad revenue. 

they changed rules last year i think. or 2016. i got a notice aboutit because i put music up there for buried in time label. "btw you get no monies"

vegan goth? not sure if possible. sad if tru.

YouTube is really starting to fly off the handle, they’ve made it obvious they can’t handle or in ways even understand their own platform. You all with money should consider investing in some alternatives...thought Facebook was going to offer some viable competition, but they’re floundering right now too.

i'm don't see this as youtube's fault though. they had an algorithm before that looked for offensive, NSFW, graphically violent videos etc but the algorithm missed a couple of videos which then had the company resort to hiring human moderators to screen videos. the problem has now become that when a video is flagged, youtube will automatically de-monetize it and remove it from being video until a moderator can view it. if the moderators find the view did not violate any terms- the video is simply put "back online" but the money it would have gained/could have gained, is never imbursed and with how information has become time sensitive in a hyper-information world, that video could be now seen as outdated forcing some creators to simply delete it - or make a video talking about it. 

the problem is there is just too much information/data than human's can handle responsibly and that be currently policed correctly. so unless youtube can either a). curb who and what can be uploaded to the platform or b). come up with a better screening method for policing content being uploaded, i don't see any of this ending anytime soon.

• 2 weeks later...

25-Year-Old Textbooks and Holes in the Ceiling: Inside America’s Public Schools

"Broken laptops, books held together with duct tape, an art teacher who makes watercolors by soaking old markers.

Teacher protests have spread rapidly from West Virginia to Oklahoma, Kentucky and Arizona in recent months. We invited America’s public school educators to show us the conditions that a decade of budget cuts has wrought in their schools.

We heard from 4,200 teachers. Here is a selection of the submissions, condensed and edited for clarity.

[...]

I work in a high school in a suburb north of Detroit. We have about 1,650 students, roughly 25 percent of whom are English Language Learners (students new to our country who don’t speak English well or at all).

After two years with no budget at all, this year I was given a little more than $500 for our library. I was able to purchase about 30 books. I am lucky, since our elementary and middle school libraries received no budget at all for the fourth straight year.

[...]

We have nearly 2,000 emergency, untrained teachers in Oklahoma. I have 15-year-old textbooks, wasps living in my ceiling (I killed 8 in one day in January DURING class), broken desks, leaky ceilings, and I had to purchase my own curriculum this year.

My students deserve quality educational experiences. I’d gladly give back my “raise” if only our government would reinstate our core funding."

Edited by doublename

25-Year-Old Textbooks and Holes in the Ceiling: Inside America’s Public Schools

"Broken laptops, books held together with duct tape, an art teacher who makes watercolors by soaking old markers.

Teacher protests have spread rapidly from West Virginia to Oklahoma, Kentucky and Arizona in recent months. We invited America’s public school educators to show us the conditions that a decade of budget cuts has wrought in their schools.

We heard from 4,200 teachers. Here is a selection of the submissions, condensed and edited for clarity.

[...]

I work in a high school in a suburb north of Detroit. We have about 1,650 students, roughly 25 percent of whom are English Language Learners (students new to our country who don’t speak English well or at all).

After two years with no budget at all, this year I was given a little more than $500 for our library. I was able to purchase about 30 books. I am lucky, since our elementary and middle school libraries received no budget at all for the fourth straight year.

[...]

We have nearly 2,000 emergency, untrained teachers in Oklahoma. I have 15-year-old textbooks, wasps living in my ceiling (I killed 8 in one day in January DURING class), broken desks, leaky ceilings, and I had to purchase my own curriculum this year.

My students deserve quality educational experiences. I’d gladly give back my “raise” if only our government would reinstate our core funding."

God damn. No wonder we have so many teachers going on strike. All because of administrative greed.

The hits keep coming from my state...

Confederate flag protest moves to public park after school closes

AUBURN, MI -- For the third straight day, some Bay City Western High School students and some adults gathered to publicly wave Confederate flags, as the controversy that has sparked racial tension in the small town of Auburn receives national attention.

This time, the demonstration took place in Auburn City Park off US-10. Bay City Western High School, where the protests have taken place the past two days, was closed Thursday, April 19, due to rumors people were coming to the high school to confront other students. Bay City Western Middle School, which is connected to the high school, was also closed. 

Several pickup trucks flying the Confederate flag were arranged in a semicircle at the public park on Thursday. Those in attendance were holding a cookout.

The students and their parents expressed hostility to MLive reporters at the scene, saying they've been painted as racist. Student Cameron Myers, insisting he's not racist, reiterated he and his friends are flying the flag as "a country thing."

He did not define what "a country thing" meant.

Myers said he and his friends began flying the flags this week in response to a previous flag of his being removed from his truck while parked on school property by a black female classmate.

"We're flying the flag because of injustice," Myers said. He declined to specify why he was motivated to have initially flown the flag from his truck the prior week.

"It looks cool in the mirror," he said.

His friends argued the flag is "part of American history."

In a Snapchat video taken by a Western student acquired by MLive, footage depicts at least three males in a vehicle recording the flags' demonstration. At one point, one of the males can be heard swearing and using a racial slur as text appears on screen stating "Fly em high boys."

^

poseurs

Michigan made a substantial contribution to the Union during the American Civil War. While the state itself was far removed from the combat theaters of the war, Michigan supplied a large number of troops and several generals, including George Armstrong Custer. When, at the beginning of the war, Michigan was asked to supply no more than four regiments, Governor Austin Blair sent seven.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_in_the_American_Civil_War

Any time any of those fucking asshats calls shootings like that "false flag" attacks, they should be sued to financial ruin.

The most disrespectful thing ever.

can't believe it took this long for someone to sue his ass tbh.

The 6 stages of grief:

1. Denial

2. Anger

3. Bargaining

4. Depression

5. Acceptance

6. Suing Alex Jones