IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

Read this article about how Canada Geese are fucking up New Zealand.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/07/the-rabbit-of-the-sky-flocks-of-canada-geese-plague-new-zealand-countryside

Spoiler

At first I was like, yep, Canada Gees are a fucking plague. Then I saw that NZ imported them to hunt back 1905, so then I was like, you get what you deserve you stupid fucks. Then I saw the farmers wanted more leeway to hunt them, and so wanted the government regulating body to step out of the way, and they did, which of course resulted in the farmers not being able to keep the population under control. Unbelievable buffonery all around...but I digress...this is the viewing america thread.

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

1 hour ago, auxien said:

a goose weighs what, like 30 lbs at most? doesn’t matter how pissed that bird is, most adult humans could rip their heads off in a second if they wanted. 

and yes i’ve actually lived around geese. they’re pissy and can get angry and they’ll nip at you and get loud. they’re just large in presence and attitude…all bark no bite. they ain’t got no venom or teeth or fighting skills. geese are the least IDM animal, maybe a contender for the ambient animal title tho.

hey I'll grant ya that geese don't technically have teeth, but... let's not undersell it here.

Spoiler

95qehrdnr4k11.jpg

Edited by luke viia
omg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Farnsworth 1

18 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Read this article about how Canada Geese are fucking up New Zealand.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/07/the-rabbit-of-the-sky-flocks-of-canada-geese-plague-new-zealand-countryside

Hide contents

At first I was like, yep, Canada Gees are a fucking plague. Then I saw that NZ imported them to hunt back 1905, so then I was like, you get what you deserve you stupid fucks. Then I saw the farmers wanted more leeway to hunt them, and so wanted the government regulating body to step out of the way, and they did, which of course resulted in the farmers not being able to keep the population under control. Unbelievable buffonery all around...but I digress...this is the viewing america thread.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, auxien said:

a goose weighs what, like 30 lbs at most? doesn’t matter how pissed that bird is, most adult humans could rip their heads off in a second if they wanted. 

and yes i’ve actually lived around geese. they’re pissy and can get angry and they’ll nip at you and get loud. they’re just large in presence and attitude…all bark no bite. they ain’t got no venom or teeth or fighting skills. geese are the least IDM animal, maybe a contender for the ambient animal title tho.

Q7hCOb6.jpg

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, luke viia said:

I f'n love Letterkenny.  Need to rewatch this series.

If this guy can do it for chickens vs. T-Rexes, stands to reason it could be done with humans vs. ???

11 minutes ago, ignatius said:

6ea9a45411e1309be6992cd99f9e8ce8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

only thing missing is a cross

i'm not sure how prevalent these people are in the rest of America, but there's so, so, so fucking many of them here in the south. i'm sure there's an international version of these fuckers too.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, auxien said:

only thing missing is a cross

i'm not sure how prevalent these people are in the rest of America, but there's so, so, so fucking many of them here in the south. i'm sure there's an international version of these fuckers too.

the McMansions are everywhere in USA. everywhere. suburbs and gated communities.. cookie cutter everything. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, auxien said:

i'm sure there's an international version of these fuckers too.

Canada definitely has them. Fewer guns (though they still have them) but same idiotic views on “being oppressed” and “tk r jbs”. 

• Like 1

& same ol' same ol' here in straya; suburbanality 

10 minutes ago, ignatius said:

... McMansions everywhere. suburbs and gated communities.. cookie cutter everything. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

Yeah Canada is mostly pretty redneck tbh

Kind of yes kind of no tbh. Canada’s population is mostly urban, but there are definitely a lot of redneck urbanites. Kanata anyone?

And of course there’s good ol ‘berta (‘cept deadmonton). 

On 8/10/2021 at 10:04 AM, Shimon_Shimon said:

Geese are pretty tasty in a fight, though we're not talking swan levels of toughness. I think the poll is indicative of American overconfidence.  

People would rather go up against a chimp than a wolf. Crazy talk. 

Chimps are dangerous, but wolves are bigger than you think.  I'd put my money on a wolf if it went up against a chimp.

On 8/10/2021 at 10:56 AM, auxien said:

a goose weighs what, like 30 lbs at most?

Probably more like 10.  Even harpy eagles and wandering albatross don't weigh 30 pounds.

if you haven't seen a murder today. srsly. it's a shooting/murder on melrose in LA. NSFL

fucking just crazy. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSdS7cunASq/

sorry. delete it if needed. it's some wtf shit and happens every day right. fuck. fwp why did i watch this. because i wasn't expeecting it. 

Edited by ignatius

2 hours ago, drillkicker said:

You're a part of the bourgeoisie

i have to work wage labor to survive, i am most definitely not someone who survives off their ownership of the means of production, i.e. bourgeoisie

Edited by ilqx hermolia xpli
  • Thanks 1