IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

Didn't George W. Bush say God told him to invade Iraq?

People from the future are gonna look back at us like we're fucking idiots

(also,

They're gonna laugh at what causes we liberals convinced ourselves were 'liberal')

Didn't George W. Bush say God told him to invade Iraq?

Not sure. But this question made me think of Reagan & the prevalence of astrology in his administration. He's beholden as the allmightiest, root-toot-toot-n-est Republican president ever, yet looked to his wife's astrologer for policy decision making. Astrology & the bible don't necessarily mix. Strange such a altruistic christian base fails to see the irony in that.

Mike Fuckabee can't even deal with rainbow colored Doritos. Can we run this guy out of town already

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mike-huckabee-takes-on-rainbow-colored-doritos-152707807.html

It starts with the voters.

Before anything changes, it has to become social suicide to believe dumb shit.

Unfortunately, the left's nearly-unconditional defense of 'multi-culturalism' isn't helping.

You try to speak out against dumb, unfounded beliefs and you get the ol' "lol r/atheism."

I advocate for basic Enlightenment values.

When I speak out against those who act contrary to those values,

I often get called a bigot (or some variation thereof).

The left needs to realize that their 'tolerance' on these matters

Is like a man who won't attack a violent intruder on account of his 'pacifism.'

Hoping for a world where people do not believe dumb shit? Isn't that like hoping to get rid of people altogether? Werent dumb, unfounded beliefs inherent to being human? Wait...what? And basic enlightenment values is code for being high, right?

A few months ago Nick Bostrom (prolly my favorite philosopher/mathematician polymath) said he hopes we don't find signs of life (w.g. Water on Mars) because from a Bayesian standpoint that would mean that early life isn't that rare, and yet we don't see hardly any around us, which means there is some "great filter" that prevents early life from blossoming into stable civilization, and in light of something like water on Mars, that means that most likely the "great filter" lies before us here on earth.

(The actual Bayes equation is much simpler lol)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P_CG7zcqS0c

there's also an argument similar to the anthropic argument against that line of thinking (I've not watched the video, so not sure if he addresses this), i.e. it might be unlikely to be the first instance of life to evolve (at least in our region of the galactic supercluster) - which would remove the need for a local filter, but if we are then the likelihood is 100%.