IGNORED

Recommend me some electronic albums.

Twelvetrees

So Aphex Twin was the beginning for me and electronic music and I've loved everything I've heard, but apart from the featured artists on here I haven't been able to find much good music. It'd be cool if some of you could post the titles of a few albums you'd consider to be the best of the best, no matter the style or whatever. Thanks.

Not sure if best of best, but here are a few good ones from the top of my head...

Astrobotnia Part 1-3 released on Rephlex

Team Doyobi - Digital Music volume 1 and 2

Trackermatte - Planar Mists

CN - The Expedition Beyond

You're very fortunate to start on this trek for the first time!

Everything by Kraftwerk, but I recommend starting with 'Radioactivity' and onward, then going back to the beginning up to 'Autobahn'.

You can branch out from there to earlier and later electronic artists.

So Aphex Twin was the beginning for me and electronic music and I've loved everything I've heard, but apart from the featured artists on here I haven't been able to find much good music. It'd be cool if some of you could post the titles of a few albums you'd consider to be the best of the best, no matter the style or whatever. Thanks.

You know I've always had the belief that 90% music from most genres isn't that great. I think if you like electronic music and you like the left-field/quirky stuff, then you can't go wrong with Aphex/Autechre/BoC/Squarepusher. There's loads of other stuff of course, but what I mean is that your question is not that ridiculous as it sounds. I was the same I kind of got heavily into electronic music since hearing Aphex.

Leftism by Leftfield. Chillout by KLF. Orbital. 808 State. Ambient 1 and 4 by Eno. Are my other favorites. I think you should also listen to Oxygen and Exquinox by JM Jarre and Kraftwerk. There's loads of other stuff. But I get your drift if you find a lot of other electronic music boring in comparison to Aphex etc.

Mr. Oizo - Moustache (Half a Scissor)

Prefuse 73 - Security Screenings

Richard Devine - Cautella

Funkstorung - Appetite for Disctruction

Telefon Tel Aviv - Fahrenheit Fair Enough

Matmos - The Civil War

Jackson and his Computer Band - Smash

Otto Von Schirach - Maxipad Detention

Ben Frost - By the Throat

Bogdan Raczynski - Alright

start with this:

murcof - martes

mark fell - ten types of elsewhere

snd - atavism

tetsu inoue - inland

vhs head - trademark ribbons of gold

yagya - rigning

sun electric - 30.7.94. live

rhythm & sound - rhythm & sound

You know I've always had the belief that 90% music from most genres isn't that great. I think if you like electronic music and you like the left-field/quirky stuff, then you can't go wrong with Aphex/Autechre/BoC/Squarepusher. There's loads of other stuff of course, but what I mean is that your question is not that ridiculous as it sounds. I was the same I kind of got heavily into electronic music since hearing Aphex.

Leftism by Leftfield. Chillout by KLF. Orbital. 808 State. Ambient 1 and 4 by Eno. Are my other favorites. I think you should also listen to Oxygen and Exquinox by JM Jarre and Kraftwerk. There's loads of other stuff. But I get your drift if you find a lot of other electronic music boring in comparison to Aphex etc.

I agree, most music is shit, I only like a handful of artists really, but I know there's so much good stuff out there I haven't heard yet. It's like a frickin unending quest or something, that's the fun though innit?

The stuff I'm into now has followed on from BoC:

VHS Head - Trademark Ribbons Of Gold

Tobacco - Fucked Up Friends

Tycho - Dive

Ulrich Schnauss - A Strangely Isolated Place

Com Truise - Galactic Melt

Telefon Tel Aviv - The Birds

Bonobo - Black Sands

OPN - R Plus Seven

Also Bibio, The Flashbulb, Jon Hopkins, Four Tet... All melodic stuff.

vhs head - trademark ribbons of gold

Definitely this!

SND's Atavism is great too, but might take more time to appreciate.

Alva Noto - Unitxt is another good one if you can get into the colder stuff.

Burial - Untrue,

Global Goon -Vatican Nitez

Space Dimension Controller - Temporary Thrillz

Kuedo - Severant

EOD - All the EAP tracks (this means A LOT)

Dave Monolith

Vangelis' score for Blade Runner

µ-ziq recent releases are easy to get into if you liked SAW 1

More "quiet" things:

The Caretaker - An empty bliss beyond this world,

Yagya - Rigning (one of the very best thing you'll ever hear)

Hecq -Night Falls

Hecq - 0000

Most of "Echospace" (Deepchord) things

If you're hankering for more acid techno or whatever it's called check out:

Trackermatte - see http://forum.watmm.com/topic/84040-trackermatte-completionist-thread/, EOD, Beatwife, Dave Monolith and Jodey Kendrick.

Not going to list albums, but I do think these artists are worthy of your attention, especially if you like Analordy style tracks.

edit: EODs Questionmarks EP is mind-blowingly good:

https://eodtracks.bandcamp.com/album/questionmarks

Beatwife - Cornwall Acid 1 & 2

Trackermatte - Dark Door & Shadow Festival

Rose Croix - Silver Star

Kettel - My Dogan

Dave Monolith - Welcome

Jodey Kendrick - Steel Erector & EDM series A-D

Mr 76ix - Experiment Four

Nathan Fake - Steam Days

Objekt - Flatland

Patten - Eolian Instate

Ultrademon - Seapunk

Wisp - The Shimmering Hour

everyone is wrong, you should check out

ben frost - by the throat

arca - xen

andy stott - passed my by

xanopticon - psicicite

logos - cold mission

datachi - mmale ffemale

flying lotus - cosmogramma

kraftwerk - minimum maximum

venetian snares - huge chrome cilinder box unfolding

M.E.S.H. - scytians

Nurse WIth Wound - - - Steven Stapleton's based in Eire,,,,,a lot of quality releases, check the new combo thingy with Krautrockers Faust & his Salt Marie Celeste lp is mint too.

Richard H Kirk's gear is of such a high quality, the Sandoz stuff is some of the best electronic music ever made. Massive range too, from dark as fuck to pure blissful dubby house.

Speaking of which,,,,,, Cabaret Voltaire. Voice of America through to their Hacienda classics.....not many people can cover that spectrum of sounds & maintain.

Holger Czukay (sp?) ,,,,,,where do u even begin? Everything in a nutshell, especially the tracks he put out with Jah Wobble.

Thats about 50 albums right there

Archived