IGNORED

Ghostbusters with Female Cast

QBLA

All Alf reboot of ET

All Alf reboot of Howard the Duck

All Alf reboot of Apocalypto

Just all Alf, all the time.

crop_alf.jpg

Did you know Alf is stranded on earth due to the fact that his home planet of Melmac was completely obliterated when all of the Melmacians plugged in their hair dryers at the same time? Me neither, until I was informed of this while in Germany. Apparently Alf was pretty big there. It was also possibly caused by Nuclear War. I prefer the Hair dryer theory.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it would be cool to do female versions of plenty of films. If the film is good, you get two versions to watch!

A female Expendables would be amazing imo.

SJW remake, meh.

the way the black character is portrayed is kind of the opposite of SJW. It's kinda racist actually. Black woman dont kno no ""science"" but she kno the streets unlike the whiteys. She also transforms into a southern preacher I mean come on

yeah... that's what i cringed the most at

SJW remake, meh.

the way the black character is portrayed is kind of the opposite of SJW. It's kinda racist actually. Black woman dont kno no ""science"" but she kno the streets unlike the whiteys. She also transforms into a southern preacher I mean come on

Can't wait to hear what delet has to say about the all new all female cast. I guess he'll use the word "feminazi" at least once.

Without the original cast I don't care and most Hollywood blows these days, be the cast man woman or oversized blue engineer, and I would have thought that being a Bill Murray fanatic you would feel the same about the remake, or does the social justice in your dna trump that, you must have your pointless victory for the cause of who knows what.

I wouldn't care about your tone if I didn't feel like there was venom in it. I have enough usagi's and eugene's already, not you as well. Hence the snark in my post. Mostly I just want to get along and keep conflict over political opinions seperate from one's estimation of a user as a person and so not have it reflected in how I interact with them as a person. I would hope that you could be mature enough to do the same.

Thanks

The main things the old movie had going for it was that it had a fairly original storyline and it was mildly amusing.

This remake doesn't have the benefit of an original premise, so its all hinging on the comedy aspect.

Trailer makes it look shit, the CGI looks ugly and I shouldn't think many of the original fans will want to revisit this (me included)

agree this looks pretty fucking bad from that trailer...maybe it could be a blessing in disguise...often they put the best bits in the trailer and the rest of the film is shit. maybe they're saving the good bits for the actual film. unless these are the good bits...

SJW remake, meh.

Just watched the trailer. You are right, that was a little bit to much racial stereotyping for SJW's. It's just gimmicky shit then.

I couldn't care less about the women vs. men thing, don't generally dig all these reboots that have been coming out lately, and much prefer original ideas like "Ex Machina" or "It Follows", but whatever. Like others mentioned, I also cringed at the black woman "knowin' tha streets" and not "knowin' about that science stuff" or whatever. Pretty fucking lame--wasn't that originally a problem with Winston Zedmore in the original, too? All of that aside, this film seems to have more of the personality of the "Hot Tub Time Machine" films, less in common with the original "Ghostbusters". Whatever. Who cares? This nostalgia-stroking that has been going on is really getting gross, though.

Archived